VT - 9
Lehigh - 8
NC State - 7.5
Lock Haven - 7
Oregon St - 7
Rutgers - 7
etc.

Reactions: Crunched
this match single-handedly changed my opinion on the need for new a push out rule. that was hard to watch and I like how Parris wrestles...
I agree...Parris was wrestling but Stoll being so much bigger literally kept pushing him OOB & received 2 stalling points in the 1st and another in the 2nd.

Team Points at the end of R1

PSU - 21
Ohio St - 15.5
Okla St - 14.5
Iowa - 14
Minny - 13.5
Mizzou - 12
Michigan - 10
Nebraska - 9.5
NIU - 9
VT - 9
Lehigh - 8
NC State - 7.5
Lock Haven - 7
Oregon St - 7
Rutgers - 7
etc.
How does 21 first round points compare to previous years?

Maybe instead of ripping on Stoll, maybe rip Parris for not wanting to go upper body and running away? Just a thought.
This is the dumbest thing ive read. How much weight was Parris giving up? And it isnt even like Stoll is muscle, he is just fat, so no shit a guy 40 pound lighter isnt gonna go upper body especially with someone who has a Greco background like Stoll.

PSU Next Round:
RBY (10) v DeSanto (7)
Lee (3) v Perry (19)
Berge (12) v Kolodzic (5)
Nolf (1) v Van Brill (16)
Cenzo (2) v Flynn (15)
Hall (1) v Womack (16)
Rasheed (2) v Ness (15)
Bo (1) v Hokit (16)
Cassar (2) v Orndorff (15)

Chalk except for Perry beating Morris (14) at 141

RBY can beat DeSanto. Period 3 tactics from Big10s. Berge has the hardest to overcome, but Kolodzic has not been on the top of his game the last few matches.

Certainly 9-9 is possible, with 6 bonus (4 TF or Falls)

Last edited:
Reactions: lionlover
A couple of quick items
  • Jason wasn’t messing around wouldn’t be surprised if he pins his way through
  • Rasheed with another wild situation and almost ends up on his back like in the Venz match scares me with guys like ZZ Reenan and MyMar
  • I laughed out loud at Bp trying to let his guy up and then deciding after he was slow to stand, I’m just gonna pin him
  • Cassar is an absolute terminator when he decides its time
  • Stoll is the exact opposite at 285 of Cassar in everything and that makes me so very happy

This is the dumbest thing ive read. How much weight was Parris giving up? And it isnt even like Stoll is muscle, he is just fat, so no shit a guy 40 pound lighter isnt gonna go upper body especially with someone who has a Greco background like Stoll.
Until they change the weight requirements it is what it is. So yes, being afraid to go upper body is part of the game. And no, Stoll is not all fat. Know a little about the person before you make a ridiculous statement like that.

Iowa has some good draws in the next round. Muring gets Carr who has no business being the 6 seed after placing 8th at the BIGs and ducking Lee in the dual.

Logo gets the Va Tech kid who knocked off Gfeller

Stall at HWY has a winnable match.

RBY needs to let it rip this time va DeSanto

Until they change the weight requirements it is what it is. So yes, being afraid to go upper body is part of the game. And no, Stoll is not all fat. Know a little about the person before you make a ridiculous statement like that.
I dont care about the weight requirements lol if Mason is lighter on his feet he should in fact shoot more (which is his style) and guy weighing 40 lbs lighter, his match plan is not to go upper body, so again your post makes 0 sense and we are all now dumber for infact having to put up with you..I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.......
Will chunky work instead of fat? How about tipping the scale? According to the BMI scale, he classifies as obese, is that acceptable?

Reactions: richmin3

If you think Stoll is enjoyable to watch good on you. There were 3 shots in the first, Parris took all 3, got a TD and still trailed. Stoll didn’t attempt shit, he used his weight to leverage Parris out of bounds, he wasn’t looking to score (besides through stall calls)

Iowa has some good draws in the next round. Muring gets Carr who has no business being the 6 seed after placing 8th at the BIGs and ducking Lee in the dual.

Yep, they definitely got some help in the adjacent brackets. Nature of the beast. Sometimes you get those kinds of breaks.

The problem, I suspect, is that even assuming they take advantage of those breaks, HR will melt down once they get to the next round where the competition awaits.

There might be no victory that would satisfy me more than RBY over ADS.

I dont care about the weight requirements lol if Mason is lighter on his feet he should in fact shoot more (which is his style) and guy weighing 40 lbs lighter, his match plan is not to go upper body, so again your post makes 0 sense and we are all now dumber for infact having to put up with you..I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.......
Will chunky work instead of fat? How about tipping the scale? According to the BMI scale, he classifies as obese, is that acceptable?
No - actually you make no sense. Upper body is part of the game. Parris ran away from it. Wrestling is about imposing your will against another's. Stoll's won. Is it fun/exciting wrestling to watch, absolutely not. But to rip on him for what he is doing, that is within the rules, is patently stupid.

Reactions: HipPawk and SRATH
No - actually you make no sense. Upper body is part of the game. Parris ran away from it. Wrestling is about imposing your will against another's. Stoll's won. Is it fun/exciting wrestling to watch, absolutely not. But to rip on him for what he is doing, that is within the rules, is patently stupid.

Sounds like something someone says who cheers when his team lays down a bunt in the 9th that breaks up a no-no.

Stoll won the match. If you are a smaller heavyweight you need to find ways to not be pushed all over the mat. Stoll would win big in freestyle. In fact, Parris probably gets cautioned out.

I'm anything but a Stoll fan, but I fully understand why Iowa fans would be happy for him after his miserable season. I think we should cut him and his fans some slack!

I did not see the match but apparently on HR they believe that Stoll wrestled a fantastic match.
terrible display of wrestling but the rule is the rule, so at least give him credit for that. Bad strategy by the Michigan guy for letting him get away with it. If that big slob wants to push you around, use his momentum and slide behind him.

1st - PENN STATE - 21 pts.

133 RBY vs. DeSanto (Iowa)
141 Lee vs. Perry (ODU)
149 Berge vs. Kolodzik (PRIN)
157 Nolf vs. Van Brill (RUT)
165 Cenzo vs. Flynn (MIZZ)
174 Hall vs. Womack (COR)
184 Shak vs. Ness (UNC)
197 Bo vs. Hokit (FSU)
285 Cassar vs. Orndorff (UVU)

Reactions: lionlover
ADVERTISEMENT