ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Early Signing Day Thread

So I’ve lost count. How many did we get signed today? And who is left that we’re still waiting on?
18 commits signed today.

Waiting on.
DT's JHH and Ellies (biggest needs)
DE S Wilbert (late bloomer, just started playing FB but very athletic and long)
OL Nester (OSU commit but will official to PSU)

I imagine they will also have a few new names pop up very soon as some kids didn't sign and they will cast a few hooks out to see if anyone is interested.

so, if a kid wants to sign an LOI tomorrow is he able to .... or does he have to now wait until February?

thanks

Reactions: TheGLOV
18 commits signed today.

Waiting on.
DT's JHH and Ellies (biggest needs)
DE S Wilbert (late bloomer, just started playing FB but very athletic and long)
OL Nester (OSU commit but will official to PSU)

I imagine they will also have a few new names pop up very soon as some kids didn't sign and they will cast a few hooks out to see if anyone is interested.

No Nester is still "in-play" LaJolla for PSU?? Didn't sign with OSU??

So, this has been a fun day so far.

It's fun, but with the exception of Cain, pretty anticlimactic. Probably why there is such a big 'to do' at the schools; we already mostly know what's going to happen. More relief than anything.

I thought we signed 13 guys??? Happy to admit I do not follow this too closely, but can somebody explain?

17 had verballed to us by Dec 18. All 17 signed, with the first 13 signed and submitted by approximately 10 AM EST. The last four came in after that.
During that same time, Noah Cain committed to PSU - he announced today whom he would sign with - so that makes 18.

Reactions: mdking001
I thought we signed 13 guys??? Happy to admit I do not follow this too closely, but can somebody explain?

18 faxed in LOIs today to PSU. If you're going by Rivals Commitment List, they're a tad behind on updating, or perhaps you have to do the Monkey-On-Crack refresh routine to get it to properly show 18 signed.

Reactions: demlion
I'm glad he came here but if you're thinking Texas this morning should you really be committing anywhere a few hours later if it's not Texas. I feel like these kids are rushed now with the early signing period. There's definitely good and bad to it.

He could easily have had the same thoughts on 2/6/19 if we didn’t have the Early signing date today.

I'm glad he came here but if you're thinking Texas this morning should you really be committing anywhere a few hours later if it's not Texas. I feel like these kids are rushed now with the early signing period. There's definitely good and bad to it.
Rushed? Gotta be kidding me. These kids are recruited for years. They are NOT rushed lol.

I just watched Dunmore's highlights, wow! I was always worried about him flipping, and after watching his film, I'm very happy he chose PSU! He needs to bulk up, but man is he shifty! Some of those studder steps are sick!

Reactions: sdnp and LionJim
Rushed? They've been talking to these kids for years by this point.

Keep in mind that this is one of the most important decision of their lives. I think it's understandable for these kids.

That does make one wonder. He flipped from Alabama. Probably a better chance to play early at Michigan. Maybe he's a basketball fan? Michigan is significantly better academically than Alabama, but I've heard football players there don't get to take full advantage of it.
It's no Michigan, but Alabama academics, and the quality of admitted and enrolled students, is rapidly improving.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT