ADVERTISEMENT

2019 B1G Championship Session 1 Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up in advance. Please use it to discuss anything having to do with Session 1. If responding to other posts, please use the Quote function.

Unfortunately, I will not be around for Session 1, so I will not be able to provide PBP. Hopefully several of you will keep everyone informed of what mat a bout is coming up on, what happened in any match involving a PSU wrestler, what the team score looks like, etc. I look forward to reading this thread after the session to get a good recap of what happened in each PSU wrestler's match.

Time:
Wrestling is slated to begin at 11 am EST

TV:
None

Video Streaming:
Those that have a BTN+ subscription should be able to stream the action on their computer.

Those that have a FloPro subscription should be able to stream the action on their computer.

Those that have a BTN+ subscription, but can't sit at their computer, should be able to watch the action on their SmartPhone, or other portable device via BTN2Go

Radio Streaming:
Byers' radio BPB coverage will be streamed for free, starting at 10:40 am EST, at this link:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=248

Team Scoring:
In general, the best place to follow the team score is the Penn State Wrestling Club web site, at:

https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/

Mat Assignments:
FloArena has mat assignments. TrackWrestling has mat assignments on their Dashboard. Penn State Wrestling's twitter account (@pennstateWREST) also tweets out mat assignments.

Looking ahead, Session 2 is slated to begin at 7 pm EST on Saturday, Session 3 (consolation semis, 7th-place matches) is slated to begin at 1 pm on Sunday, and Session 4 (finals, and 3rd place and 5th place matches) is slated to begin at 4 pm EST on Sunday. The video streaming should be the same for all sessions. The audio streaming should be similar, with coverage starting 20 minutes before the start of the Session, though the last digit of the link may change for each Session. The BTN will show Session 4 on TV. My expectations are to be available for PBP for Sessions 2, 3, and 4, though I may be a little late for Session 3.

We Are ...

- ready to get the postseason started
- looking forward to our guys winning, and racking up bonus points
- curious to see how Schnupp, RBY, Berge and Cassar do in their first B1G Championship
- expecting to have a lot of FUN

... Penn State !!!!!!!!

I'm setting this up in advance. Please use it to discuss anything having to do with Session 1. If responding to other posts, please use the Quote function.

Unfortunately, I will not be around for Session 1, so I will not be able to provide PBP. Hopefully several of you will keep everyone informed of what mat a bout is coming up on, what happened in any match involving a PSU wrestler, what the team score looks like, etc. I look forward to reading this thread after the session to get a good recap of what happened in each PSU wrestler's match.

Time:
Wrestling is slated to begin at 11 am EST

TV:
None

Video Streaming:
Those that have a BTN+ subscription should be able to stream the action on their computer.

Those that have a FloPro subscription should be able to stream the action on their computer.

Those that have a BTN+ subscription, but can't sit at their computer, should be able to watch the action on their SmartPhone, or other portable device via BTN2Go

Radio Streaming:
Byers' radio BPB coverage will be streamed for free, starting at 10:40 am EST, at this link:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=248

Team Scoring:
In general, the best place to follow the team score is the Penn State Wrestling Club web site, at:

https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/

Mat Assignments:
FloArena has mat assignments. TrackWrestling has mat assignments on their Dashboard. Penn State Wrestling's twitter account (@pennstateWREST) also tweets out mat assignments.

Looking ahead, Session 2 is slated to begin at 7 pm EST on Saturday, Session 3 (consolation semis, 7th-place matches) is slated to begin at 1 pm on Sunday, and Session 4 (finals, and 3rd place and 5th place matches) is slated to begin at 4 pm EST on Sunday. The video streaming should be the same for all sessions. The audio streaming should be similar, with coverage starting 20 minutes before the start of the Session, though the last digit of the link may change for each Session. The BTN will show Session 4 on TV. My expectations are to be available for PBP for Sessions 2, 3, and 4, though I may be a little late for Session 3.

We Are ...

- ready to get the postseason started
- looking forward to our guys winning, and racking up bonus points
- curious to see how Schnupp, RBY, Berge and Cassar do in their first B1G Championship
- expecting to have a lot of FUN

... Penn State !!!!!!!!
Are BTN+ and BTN2GO covering all mats? I’m sure flo is. I have subscriptions to all of them, but was just wondering on the mat coverage because sometimes the flo feeds go in and out.

Welcome from Stub & Herb Bar !!
Across the way from Williams Arena.

1. Shane Sparks was drinking beers here & talking with fans earlier.

2. Two groups of Hawkeye fans were rowdy —-> out of control. Two were hand fighting and messing around in a crowd.
By 10pm, the bartender told us one drunk Iowa fan took a piss in the corner of the bar.

It is what it is.

GO STATE !!!!

2. Two groups of Hawkeye fans were rowdy —-> out of control. Two were hand fighting and messing around in a crowd.
By 10pm, the bartender told us one drunk Iowa fan took a piss in the corner of the bar.

It is what it is.

GO STATE !!!!

OldfashionedOpenBoto-size_restricted.gif

It is what it is.

GO STATE !!!!

Woke up, got my coffee, pulled up this post and spit it out..funny stuff

Are BTN+ and BTN2GO covering all mats? I’m sure flo is. I have subscriptions to all of them, but was just wondering on the mat coverage because sometimes the flo feeds go in and out.

Flo isn't actually covering any of the mats. BTN is and Flo is just paying for their stream.

It is what it is.

GO STATE !!!!

With cupped hands and laser focus.... WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee vs Moisey would be an interesting quarterfinal. I think Zeke is the only guy in the bracket besides Rivera that could possibly defeat Lee, of course in a much different way. I got the sense from their last match that if he wrestled smarter and was more selective about his offensive attempts, he could of pushed Lee in the 3rd period. Will be interesting to see how it plays out, of course Moisey has to get by Oliver first.

Although I hope to be streaming (but not like the Iowa fan in the bar) may I make my standard remark that comments that don’t include a wrestler and score can be annoying. Eight posts in a row exclaiming “Damn, I’ve never seen anything like that” only raise anxiety for those that aren’t viewing at the moment. Grazie!

Although I hope to be streaming (but not like the Iowa fan in the bar) may I make my standard remark that comments that don’t include a wrestler and score can be annoying. Eight posts in a row exclaiming “Damn, I’ve never seen anything like that” only raise anxiety for those that aren’t viewing at the moment. Grazie!
Good luck with that.

Sorry guys... I am at the Big10s and can not access the spreadsheet to correct it... it is 11am ET for Session 1

Reactions: PSU Mike
You guys are confusing me. Even Williams arena says 11am CT on their website.

It is what it is.

GO STATE !!!!
You would think it only natural that an Iowa fan would prefer to piss in a stall.

Leave it to the Goofs

Misprint their 2014 NCAA championship shirts.

Misprint their B1Gs ticket stub start times.

:eek:

Reactions: nerfstate
From Big Ten website

• The 2019 Big Ten Wrestling Championships are set for this Saturday and Sunday, March 9-10, at Williams Arena on the campus of the University of Minnesota. The event gets underway at 10 a.m. CT on Saturday, with the preliminary, quarterfinal, semifinal and wrestleback matches taking place in Sessions I and II.

Reactions: diggerpup
damn, nothing like wrestling postseason. let's get it started.

I'll be in and out for the early part of Session 1, but will miss the bulk of the Session.

Reactions: Nook_Shneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT