ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 Premier League thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful Wijnaldum

What a performance from the No.5.

In a true sign of his importance to the win, Wijnaldum had the most ball recoveries in the match with 12. The next best was nine.

Covering nearly every blade of grass, the midfielder made 48 passes in the opposition half, completing 91.7 per cent of them.

He deservedly claimed the plaudits from supporters post-match.

They didn’t play especially well and still won by two.

Jim, what game were you and Green watching?

Had two goals disallowed and dominated most of the first half of play.

Every team will struggle against lesser competition at times I agree but, Liverpool blew a few other chances as well sir.

Possession
53.3% - Liverpool
46.7%- Manure
Duels success rate
58.9% Liverpool
41.1- Manure
Aerial duels won
55.2%-Liverpool
44.8%-Manure
Interceptions
10-Liverpool
13-Manure
Offsides
2-Liverpool
3-Manure
Corners
11-Liverpool
5-Manure

And, Liverpool had 7 attempts on the first 9 minutes of the second half sir! I must respectfully point out possibly how incorrect (just this once my friends) you two are please.

Last edited:
Man U press worked pretty well and forced liverpool into some sloppy play. MU just couldn't capitalize on turnovers and liverpool always seemed to win the ball back. Klopp has trained this team very well.

I luv ya Grant but Liverpool couldn't capitalize on turnovers objectively speaking either.

#LFC have had 7 attempts on goal in the opening 9mins of the second half.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeatherHelmets
I luv ya Grant but Liverpool couldn't capitalize on turnovers objectively speaking either.

#LFC have had 7 attempts on goal in the opening 9mins of the second half.

First, I think we're comparing them to their normal standard of play, which is extremely high. I just thought they were a bit off, mostly passing accuracy and mostly in the 1st half.
Second, the main point is that it's amazing that they can not play at their best and still beat a quality team 2-0. Simply astonishing what they are doing right now.

Reactions: TheGLOV
First, I think we're comparing them to their normal standard of play, which is extremely high. I just thought they were a bit off, mostly passing accuracy and mostly in the 1st half.
Second, the main point is that it's amazing that they can not play at their best and still beat a quality team 2-0. Simply astonishing what they are doing right now.
Gee, I’ve been nothing but complementary about Liverpool and Klopp all season and Glov has a cow when I say they didn’t play especially well. (Notice that he gave my post a like and then goes and has a cow. Typical.) They weren’t as sharp against MU as in other matches I’ve seen. Even the best club in the world has its average days, I guess.

Last edited:
Gee, I’ve been nothing but complementary about Liverpool and Klopp all season and Glov has a cow when I say they didn’t play especially well. (Notice that he gave my post a like and then goes and has a cow. Typical.) They weren’t as sharp against MU as in other matches I’ve seen. Even the best club in the world has its average days, I guess.

Jim, please don't take it the wrong way.

YES, I do like your post/thoughts and opinions. I always have sir.

But the 'stats' did buffer my viewpoint; as did the score.

Not a cow at all; more like a board-room debate sir. Grant took it the correct way.

Now your 'typical' was retrobution in nature and completely mischaracterized me.

Say your sorry?

My APOLOGIES OFFERED.

:)

Liverpool is putting a landmark ASS. BEATING. :eek: on the entire Premier League.
Right you are sir! Just read below:

The victory over United extended Liverpool’s unbeaten run in the Premier League to a remarkable 39 matches – a streak that stretches back over a year to January 2019.

However, the possibility of ending the entire top-flight season without a loss is, again, something not on the minds of the Reds’ players.

“We don't think about that,” asserted Robertson. “We go into every game to win. For us that is the aim, because we don't want to get beat and drop points, but we've said it many a time we work game-to-game and it's worked well for us so why would we change that now?

"Looking too far and thinking can we go unbeaten is pointless. We'll just focus on Wolves and we go into a tough game trying to get the legs fresh, try and put in a similar performance and try to be more clinical.

"Fingers-crossed we can do that and then the games start getting less and less and then hopefully we can be champions, but we're not thinking about that.

“The last 39 games have been incredible but for us it is unfortunate it has not been in one season, it has been across two. We keep going, we are on a good run just now, we are confidence, seven clean sheets on the bounce is massive and long may that continue.

"We will let other people say that [Liverpool will win the league] but I don't think anyone in that dressing room is believing that just yet and I think we can see that with every performance we are putting in."

Liverpool are taking nothing for granted after increasing their lead at the Premier League summit to 16 points, Andy Robertson has stressed.

Sunday’s 2-0 win over Manchester United at Anfield strengthened the Reds’ grip at the top of the table, with a game in hand on nearest challengers Manchester City and Leicester City.

Nevertheless, Robertson explained why no-one within the dressing room is ready to start giving thought to anything other than their next challenge in the division.

Wow. How did arsenal tie Chelsea down a man.

I've taken plenty of bad beats on football bets over the years, but never a beat like yesterday in the Everton game. Two goals by NU in essentially the 94th minute and final minute of the game. Brutal.

Reactions: LionJim
I've taken plenty of bad beats on football bets over the years, but never a beat like yesterday in the Everton game. Two goals by NU in essentially the 94th minute and final minute of the game. Brutal.

Newcastle scored at 90'+4' to beat Chelsea on Saturday as well. Apparently it takes them 94 minutes to get warmed up.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Naby Keita could be available for Sunday's FA Cup clash with Shrewsbury Town but Liverpool await further news on Sadio Mane's hamstring injury.

Dejan Lovren is in contention for the fourth-round tie at New Meadow, though James Milner and Xherdan Shaqiri are unlikely to be involved.

The manager was asked for an update on Mane, who was withdrawn after ‘feeling something’ in the first half of Thursday’s win at Wolverhampton Wanderers, at his pre-match press conference.

“No, I think he is in the scan in this moment,” replied Klopp. “They didn’t call me out of the scan, so, no. [Fingers crossed], yes.”

On other fitness concerns in his squad, the boss said: “Dejan trained completely normally, until the game it’s a week [back] so should be fine.

“For Shaq and Millie, I think it’s too early. Naby, we will have to see. My information is that he will be part of training today and then we have to see.

“It was not too long, but how he looks and so on. For the boys that didn’t play longer than a half yesterday, today will be a very, very important session and kind of an intense session.

“It’s minus two [days] to the game so there is always intensity. We will see if he can be part of that completely – then he would be an option. If not, then not

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Liverpool are set to bring in fresh legs for Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round tie at Shrewsbury Town.

The Reds made nine changes for the meeting with Everton at the previous stage of the tournament earlier this month and are set to shuffle their pack once more for the visit to New Meadow.

Klopp also explained why the encounter with the League One club is also an opportunity to give players who’ve recently returned from injury some valuable game time.

“We will have a team with fresh legs,” said the boss. “We have players who came back from injury, so it makes sense to play them because they are pretty good and we want to go through.

“Now we are qualified for the round we want to go through and we know it’s a tough place to go, how it always is in cup competitions.”

Klopp added: “It's clear, without a winning mentality, it's difficult to win football games. I don’t think the players left a shadow of a doubt this season that they want to win a game, when they’re part of it, against whoever it is or whoever was the opponent. It is very important.”

Adrian is set to return to Liverpool’s starting line-up for Sunday’s FA Cup encounter at Shrewsbury Town.

The goalkeeper will be given the nod to begin the fourth-round fixture at New Meadow this weekend, having been selected against Everton earlier this month.

Jürgen Klopp confirmed: “It is easy to say, Adrian will stay in goal if he can.

“So far [all good] and nothing different.”

0efaac3035ce0261c323fa2cfd921e24.jpg

See the link below. From the article:

"Manchester United have condemned an attack by fans on club CEO Ed Woodward's home on Tuesday night.

A group of approximately 20 people aimed fireworks at Woodward's Cheshire home. A video posted on social media showed the vandals gathered outside the house in Cheshire chanting threats towards Woodward, who is married with two children.

"At around 10.45 p.m. on Tuesday 28 January, Cheshire police were notified of an incident of criminal damage that had taken place earlier this evening with a large group targeting a property in the Nether Peover area," Cheshire Constabulary said in a statement.

"Thankfully no-one was harmed, and officers will liaise with security officials over the coming days to establish the full circumstances surrounding this incident and identify those involved".

A statement issued from United after the incident read: "Manchester United Football Club have tonight been made aware of the incident outside the home of one of our employees.

"We know that the football world will unite behind us as we work with Greater Manchester Police to identify the perpetrators of this unwarranted attack.

"Anybody found guilty of a criminal offence, or found to be trespassing on this property, will be banned for life by the club and may face prosecution."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manches...united-ceo-ed-woodwards-home-attacked-by-fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT