ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 76ers Thread

On a side note...can we talk about how the quarantine has caught Coach Lynam mid transformation to a werewolf???

93510-DE7-ECA7-4-D66-B655-147-CB20180-FB.jpg

I forgot how frustrating this team can be. 22 turnovers....

Also on brand with letting an average player have a career night.

Sixers had the lead with under 6 to go in the game, and then made some mistakes, and also let TJ Warren go crazy on them. They got it to 3 with 30 seconds to go, but the final was 127-121, Pacers. Indiana shot made 16 of 20 shots in the 4th quarter. smh

Very disappointing. And as @jmorovich mentioned, far too many turnovers.

Reactions: whart
Sixers had the lead with under 6 to go in the game, and then made some mistakes, and also let TJ Warren go crazy on them. They got it to 3 with 30 seconds to go, but the final was 127-121, Pacers. Indiana shot made 16 of 20 shots in the 4th quarter. smh

Very disappointing. And as @jmorovich mentioned, far too many turnovers.
This team seems to be of the paper tiger variety this year. They assembled stars but just don’t have the cohesion needed to threaten.

3 starters -- Harris, Embiid, and Simmons -- combined for 90 points. The other 2 starters -- Richardson and Milton -- had a total of 4 points.

Anyone catch Embiid and Milton having to be separated as they went after each other on the bench last night? What caused that? I missed the game, but am curious about Milton's play and his four point performance.

Just plain old sloppy basketball by the sixers. This team just can't gel. They really struggle and at times it is really ugly basketball. I love my sixers but I don't see much happening from this group. Either Brand or Brown maybe both need replaced. Brown s a good man but as a coach he's not getting it done with some talented guys. The honeymoon is over we should be doing some damage with these guys.

Everyone always discusses individual points. The Sixers usually lose because of bad defense and spotty effort. Last night was a prime example. Hard to watch most of that game.

Hate to say it, but same old Sixers! What is the plan? Am I getting old or was anyone else wondering when we got the new guys "VOTE" and "JUSTICE" among others? Come on Brett, get these guys on the same page already!

3 starters -- Harris, Embiid, and Simmons -- combined for 90 points. The other 2 starters -- Richardson and Milton -- had a total of 4 points.
The ghost of Markelle Fultz strikes again. If he played like even a marginal mid 1st rounder then 76ers would be at another level. Shake starting with this squad = the curse of The Process

They might want to play some defense, this team is going nowhere going to get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs by the C's. Lot's of decisions to make for the GM during the off season.

Sixers were up 123-121, with 2+ on the clock. After that, smh. Simmons fouled out (scored 8 on the night), JoJo got stripped dribbling to the basket, the D fell apart, Tobias shot an air ball (when posting up on a smaller defender), etc. That said, JoJo went to the line after a foul with 22 sec left, and sank 1 to 129-128, Spurs.

FWIW, this was the Spurs' 2nd game in 2 days, so several of their better players were not in the lineup/saw limited minutes.

Returning to the PBP, after JoJo's missed FT, the Spurs rebounded and called TO. The Sixers kept going for the steal as opposed to a foul, and finally got a foul with 10.4 sec left. The Spur went 1-2 from the line, making in 130-128, with 10.4 sec left, and the Sixers called TO. 2 for the tie, or 3 for the win -- what would the Sixers' braintrust draw up during the TO? Milton with a 3, making it 131-130, Sixers, with 6.1 sec left. (The Sixers barely got the ball in before the 5 seconds.)

Can the Sixers' D hold on for the win? What will the Spurs do?

Spurs miss 2 shots from right under the basket, ball OOB with 1.1 sec. The call is Spurs ball, but the officials are going to replay to see who the ball went off of. The call was overturned (correctly), and it's Sixers ball.

Inbound went to JoJo, and he's fouled with 0.4 sec left. JoJo went 1-2 (he missed intentionally on the 2nd), and the Spurs court-length heave missed at the buzzer, so the Sixers win 132-130.

Their 4th quarter defense was terrible, except for the last 20 seconds, when they needed it.

A needed win, but still some concerns with this team.

Sixers were up 123-121, with 2+ on the clock. After that, smh. Simmons fouled out (scored 8 on the night), JoJo got stripped dribbling to the basket, the D fell apart, Tobias shot an air ball (when posting up on a smaller defender), etc. That said, JoJo went to the line after a foul with 22 sec left, and sank 1 to 129-128, Spurs.

FWIW, this was the Spurs' 2nd game in 2 days, so several of their better players were not in the lineup/saw limited minutes.

Returning to the PBP, after JoJo's missed FT, the Spurs rebounded and called TO. The Sixers kept going for the steal as opposed to a foul, and finally got a foul with 10.4 sec left. The Spur went 1-2 from the line, making in 130-128, with 10.4 sec left, and the Sixers called TO. 2 for the tie, or 3 for the win -- what would the Sixers' braintrust draw up during the TO? Milton with a 3, making it 131-130, Sixers, with 6.1 sec left. (The Sixers barely got the ball in before the 5 seconds.)

Can the Sixers' D hold on for the win? What will the Spurs do?

Spurs miss 2 shots from right under the basket, ball OOB with 1.1 sec. The call is Spurs ball, but the officials are going to replay to see who the ball went off of. The call was overturned (correctly), and it's Sixers ball.

Inbound went to JoJo, and he's fouled with 0.4 sec left. JoJo went 1-2 (he missed intentionally on the 2nd), and the Spurs court-length heave missed at the buzzer, so the Sixers win 132-130.

Their 4th quarter defense was terrible, except for the last 20 seconds, when they needed it.

A needed win, but still some concerns with this team.
What’s up with the defense? They give up 130 points and were lucky to steal a win.

2 games go into the 4th quarter with the lead and they give up 89 points in those 2 quarters. That is near impossible in an all star game let alone against 2 undermanned teams. Something is seriously wrong.

Indiana/San Antonio 4thQs 22-29 2pt, 9-13 3pt plus they’ve sent those teams to the line 22 times in those 2 4th periods. That’s insane failure.

Last edited:
@berg3438 good luck in the series

I always appreciate your input. You’ve always been real.

early 14-14 verdict is that Celtics have no answer for embiid, but Celtics can make it up on 3’s.

What say you?

Good to see the level of defense and physicality and defense being played now that the playoffs are going (even if the Sixers turned the ball over way too much in thse beginning)

Sixers paid the wrong guy should have giving Jimmy Butler 180 million Not Clucth Tobias Harris.

Sixers paid the wrong guy should have giving Jimmy Butler 180 million Not Clucth Tobias Harris.

I think they could have offered Jimmy $200 million and he wouldn’t have stayed. He wanted no parts of Brett Brown or Ben Simmons.

Remember when I said they would sweep the Celtics pre bubble...I take it back. I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!! This team is a clunky disaster.

If Joel wants to be the superstar he claims to be he can’t get out played by a 3rd year player like Tatum. Just salt in the wound watching Tatum blossom.

Only hope now is if they do lose in the first round it’s the end of Brett Brown.

I think they could have offered Jimmy $200 million and he wouldn’t have stayed. He wanted no parts of Brett Brown or Ben Simmons.

Remember when I said they would sweep the Celtics pre bubble...I take it back. I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!! This team is a clunky disaster.

If Joel wants to be the superstar he claims to be he can’t get out played by a 3rd year player like Tatum. Just salt in the wound watching Tatum blossom.

Only hope now is if they do lose in the first round it’s the end of Brett Brown.
Hinkie’s Revenge. This franchise blew a golden chance. They had some bad luck, but went all in with the wrong coach, GM and a couple iffy max deals. There’s hope, but they need to make some tough decisions.

Reactions: jmorovich
Brown should have been fired two or three years ago, the team plays so sloppy that is all about coaching, whatever offense they run in garbage dribble to the top of the key stop then have three guys run around you and past to one them.

Last edited:
Painful to watch last night. Once again sloppy. Brown has to be done after this season which looks like after the celtics series.

It appears as though the “bubble has burst” so to speak.....a shame the 76ers were robbed of the opportunity to play on their home court in Philly.

It appears as though the “bubble has burst” so to speak.....a shame the 76ers were robbed of the opportunity to play on their home court in Philly.
wouldn't have mattered. that team is so %$&$#* up, even with a healthy simmons, they'd still stink.

ADVERTISEMENT