ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 76ers Thread

cdueefnzlxp31.png

I think Zhaire and Martisse are also going to be great wing defenders.

New-look Philadelphia 76ers aim to be a dominant defensive team, have personnel to achieve that goal

On paper, it's tough to pinpoint a soft spot in Philadelphia's defense. With Embiid and Horford manning the paint, rim protection shouldn't be an issue, and though the Sixers have struggled slowing dynamic guards in the past, that's an area that Richardson plans to address personally.

"I know this team has had their slight problems with smaller, quicker guards, and that's one of the areas where I tend to excel in," Richardson said. "So I think I can kind of put a Band-Aid over that situation."

Reactions: Delco Lion
I know it’s only the first game of the year but really happy to see the Sixers have this turnover thing fixed....

5-B813-B83-0-C27-4691-9-EE6-C1-EE5-D04-A09-D.gif

That being said, this team D is next level.

At what point will the ref’s catch on to the fact that Marcus Smart is an Oscar level actor

I know it’s only the first game of the year but really happy to see the Sixers have this turnover thing fixed....

it's early in the season. They seem to be learning how to play as a team. We'll see how they look in a month or two. Plus Boston is an odd matchup for this year's Sixers. The Sixers' starters are quite tall, whereas Boston is smaller and very athletic.

That being said, this team D is next level.

agreed. And that is what Brown has been preaching during training camp. Fancy O gets the fans out of their seats, but D is what wins championships.

It's nice to see that the Sixers are doing so well at the end of the game with JoJo on the bench (he went there when he picked up his 5th foul in the 4th qtr, and has not returned).

Reactions: jmorovich

smh. I like the city of Boston. Had I been in the arena, and the crowd had followed my lead, the chant would have been "Celtics Suck! Celtics Suck!" :D:D

Man.....a win is a win, but that's going to be a work in progress. Ugly. Brick city from the outside. I like Richardson though.

Great first win. Defense looks legitimate but they are going to need to make outside shots on many occasions to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT