ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 76ers Thread

And Korver signs with the Bucks. Sourcesplug was wrong.

Yeah, I had posted a tweet from SourcesPlug before Judge did about Korver to the Sixers, but indicated at the time that nobody else was reporting it. SourcesPlug seemed to double down on the report after that. Interestingly, nothing from SourcesPlug the past few days, or since the Korver to the Bucks reports broke. LOL

You guys dodged a bullet. I love KK, great team player, great in the locker room, no one works harder preparing himself, but he's just too old. He's had a good run, still going, but he's no longer a player for a championship team.

His age was a concern of mine, plus his D. I think many fans saw him as a good replacement for Redick. It will be interesting to see if they go with the youngsters for the outside offense, if Ben really has found a jump shot from deep, or if they still have a move to make.

Reactions: PSU_Chicago
I read several articles in the recent weeks stating that the Celtics were very disappointed to lose Horoford. They truly had hoped to resign him. This writer says the Celtics feel there was tampering. Sounds like the Celtics were caught flatfooted.

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/201...g-horford-blown-away-by-interest-from-sixers/
The Celtics signed Kemba Walker like fifteen minutes after the green light switched on. They can blow any Horford smoke out their ass.

The Celtics signed Kemba Walker like fifteen minutes after the green light switched on. They can blow any Horford smoke out their ass.
How can you effectively control "tampering" or eliminate contacts when there are agents and corporate sponsors involved along with players and team officials?

Too many lines of communication and too many agendas to oversee.

Reactions: LionJim
Celtics crying a river. If you want your own player back how do you lose him?

No sympathy here for the Celts. They were focused on Davis then Walker. Have to assume they were confident they had 1-2 days to make a deal with Horford.

Is this the Michigan kid who had PSU on his list for a brief minute? Or am I thinking of another player?

It was tough being a fan of Redick while he was here. Being from the "nasty white kid from Duke like Laettner" mold, he was an easy player to dislike for a long time. Took a lot of effort to be a fan of his....but I did it for the team.

I like the Burke signing. Hes still young and has the potential to do good things to make this Sixers team a monster of the East. Elton did a nice job now let's see how this plays out.

Marcus Hayes isn't always the best analyst, so there's that. However, his point is valid, though I would not go to the level he did based solely on summer scrimmages/practice.

Reactions: WestSideLion
ADVERTISEMENT