ADVERTISEMENT

2019-20 PSU Schedule Video & Audio Streaming Availability

ItalianLion

Mar 24, 2017
Fellow Wrestling Fans,

The long off-season feels like it is over now with the publishing of the long-anticipated 2019-20 schedule!!

So that folks do not panic this year and send poor Roar Lion on a rescue mission to find me, I thought I would get this season's initial post out early, even though I will need to do several updates as most of the media deals have not been made public. (That should not surprise us given the schedule has only just come out :cool:)

Punchline first, below is the link to this year's spreadsheet on video & audio streaming opportunities. I have also combined in a second tab the six-year rotation schedule for easy access:

==> Click Here <==

Now with that said, there are a few big changes already known as some of you may have discovered in following Lion Football.

1. The former BTN2Go link/app that used to provide access to both live/replay BTN events & BTN+ subscription events has changed.

2. BTN Live & Replays are now only available at FoxSports.com or the FoxSports App. As in past years, you will need to have BTN on your current cable subscription/sports package and use that ID & Password when logging into FoxSports.

3. BTN+ remains the subscription service of BTN and is now found at BTNplus.com and the BTN+ App (formerly known as BTN2Go). At this point in time I do not know how these changes may or may not have effected the BTN+ & FloPro relationship. Hopefully Flo or B1G will make that clearer as we get closer.

4. Lehigh I would expect will be on the Patriot League Network (PLN) via the WatchStadium.com or Stadium app. In the past this was free, but that was two years ago.

5. We also have ASU on the schedule this year, and I anticipate the PAC-12 network to cover this. PAC-12 Networks (plural since each school seems to have one) works similarly to the B1G network in that if you have it included in your existing cable/sports package extra, you should have access to this via PAC-12.com or PAC-12 Now App.

6. The tournament at West Point has not had an arrangement announced, I am assuming it could be either FloPro or ESPN+, but we'll have to wait. (While Army is covered by PLN, I do not expect that they will run an all day tournament)

So it is early with a lot of questions... but if I have reduced any of your anxieties or concerns over my long off-season hibernation & absence than I am contented. :D

More to come as more is known.

WE ARE.....

First big "unknown" away broadcast has been confirmed.

The Army Black Knight Invite at West Point will be video streamed by FloPro. The spreadsheet has been updated for that plus the match times for Lehigh & Arizona State.

I will let you know as I hear more on PAC 12 network, but their TV schedules are not updated for late November yet. Similar situation for Patriot League Network for Lehigh.

Reactions: pish69 and danoftw
Significant updates made to the spreadsheet with all of the anticipated stream options confirmed via official sources and match times listed:

1. BTN & ESPNU matches announced (via PSU Press release)

2. Confirmation that BTN+ will carry B1G matches not covered by BTN (via PSU Press release)

3. FloPro will simulcast the BTN+ matches as they did last year (via discussion on FloRadioLive)

4. Radio coverage on LionVision, WRSC(1130) or ESPN Radio (1450) via Centre Daily Times

Only match remaining to be confirmed is Lehigh match which I still expect to see on the Patriot League Network or Stadium app

We are truly blessed to be living in these times where those of us from afar can watch EVERY Nittany Lion match live via TV or streaming! :D

It's official, the last piece of the puzzle has been confirmed: Penn State @ Lehigh match will be streamed on Patriot League Network (PLN) as expected via the watchstadium.com or Stadium App.

Lehigh's team schedule also show's TV availability on two channels: PLN & SE2. PLN is, of course, the Patriot League Network. I am unfamiliar with "SE2", but it is "Service Electric TV2" which I expect it is a local channel that those of you in the local market will recognize, please share for others if you can. (more info on SE2 can be found at tv2sports.com)

Local Bethlehem radio will also broadcast it via Fox Sports 1230/1320 AM & 94.7 FM. (radio is streamed at lvfoxsports.com & there is a iOS app to listen)

JB's audio broadcast will be available via GoPSUSports. Local State College radio will be broadcast on either WRSC 1390 AM or ESPN 1450 AM

Well, that likely does it for me this season... my work is done! I can now just sit back and enjoy the season to come!:D

Reactions: Str8DBLz
In my excitement of confirming the final piece of the puzzle above, I forgot to mention that the Penn State @ Arizona match has been confirmed to be on the PAC12-Arizona channel for those of you whose TV provider carries it or if you subscribe to regional sports packages.

On TV, at least for me, there looks to be multiple PAC12 channels. The "Arizona" channel is what will carry the match.

I do not know for a fact, but I expect that via the PAC12 app, they pull all of these "separate" network feeds in to be presented as a single availability, but just in case, it is the "Arizona" channel that will carry it.

For those that seem to be able to access "PAC12 Network" via ESPN app based on what appears to be local market situations, it may work similarly to the PAC12 app.

OK, so my last couple of posts completed our TV/video streaming coverage... so I will now turn my attention to audio streaming options.

As is already known, free Audio streaming will be available from GoPSUSports.com or the GoPSUSports app.

However, there are also traditional radio "over-the-air" broadcasts that we expect to be available as in past years locally to State College area on either WRSC 1390 or ESPN 1450.

It is in these radio broadcasts that we have news:
  • WRSC 1390 AM is also now available on 93.3 FM
  • ESPN 1450 AM is also now available on 103.7 FM

Now for the really good news! I know that some of you may not have access from time to time to the TV or video stream (perhaps you are driving), and you rely solely on the Audio stream from GoPSUSports; however, sadly we have seen some inconsistency or late starts of the PSU stream.

In those cases, for those of us not in radio broadcast distance, we had access to only WRSC 1390 via their website or via TuneIn app. I am happy to share that ESPN 1490 is now also available via the website (but not via TuneIn app)

So good news in audio streaming "contingency" plan to GoPSUSports!

Links can be found here and on the pinned spreadsheet above.

Confirmed: Radio broadcast for the Army Invitational tournament will ONLY be available on the GoPSU (Lionvision) audio stream from 9.40-10.30am. Then, beginning at 10.30am, it will be carried via ESPN Radio 1450AM/103.7FM for the remainder of the tourney.

Last edited:
My PAC-12 network lists Houston at Oregon basketball Friday night at 9 EDT. Anyone else seeing the same?

My PAC-12 network lists Houston at Oregon basketball Friday night at 9 EDT. Anyone else seeing the same?

As I mentioned above, there are often multiple PAC12 channels (I have 7 listed on my spectrum) and Houston v Oregon is on one channel, and PSU v Arizona is listed on one of the anothers.

if your TV provider does not display those other channels, I would recommend to try PAC12.com or PAC12 iOS app to see if you can get access there using your cable log in credentials.

(See post #10 above for additional info)

Last edited:
As I mentioned above, there are often multiple PAC12 channels (I have 7 listed on my spectrum) and Houston v Oregon is on one channel, and PSU v Arizona is listed on one of the anothers.

if your TV provider does not display those other channels, I would recommend to try PAC12.com or PAC12 iOS app to see if you can get access there using your cable log in credentials.

(See post #10 above for additional info)
Yeah, my cable company doesn't offer Pac-12, so I gave the fubo free trial a whirl. Looks like fubo only offers one Pac-12 channel. I'll figure something out, I hope. Haha.

Pac 12 app on andriod has it listed but it does ask for your cable provider login. Once logged on your provider needs to have that channel as part of your cable package.

Yeah, my cable company doesn't offer Pac-12, so I gave the fubo free trial a whirl. Looks like fubo only offers one Pac-12 channel. I'll figure something out, I hope. Haha.

I think you can use your FuboTV login credentials to access the dual on the Pac 12 network website. Just signed up for the free trial myself.

Does anyone have YouTube TV? i'm wondering if its available on there.

The PAC12 Network is under the ESPN umbrella. If you have a streaming device and the ESPN app, you can watch the match.
If you have Spectrum cable you can watch the meet starting @9PM EST on channel 377. Total meet

It's official, the last piece of the puzzle has been confirmed: Penn State @ Lehigh match will be streamed on Patriot League Network (PLN) as expected via the watchstadium.com or Stadium App.

Lehigh's team schedule also show's TV availability on two channels: PLN & SE2. PLN is, of course, the Patriot League Network. I am unfamiliar with "SE2", but it is "Service Electric TV2" which I expect it is a local channel that those of you in the local market will recognize, please share for others if you can. (more info on SE2 can be found at tv2sports.com)

Local Bethlehem radio will also broadcast it via Fox Sports 1230/1320 AM & 94.7 FM. (radio is streamed at lvfoxsports.com & there is a iOS app to listen)

JB's audio broadcast will be available via GoPSUSports. Local State College radio will be broadcast on either WRSC 1390 AM or ESPN 1450 AM

Well, that likely does it for me this season... my work is done! I can now just sit back and enjoy the season to come!:D

I got to the Stadium app through the Roku channel. But I was unable to find a search feature to find Patriot league events. The watchstadium.com url does have a nice search feature and I did find the PSU v Lehigh match.

I've asked numerous times but never gotten a working answer, so let me try again. How do I make lionvision work? I've never even gotten one second of broadcast. Is it real?

I've asked numerous times but never gotten a working answer, so let me try again. How do I make lionvision work? I've never even gotten one second of broadcast. Is it real?
It generally works fine for me.

to give you a specific question we would need more info on what you are using to watch, computer browser, ipad, iphone, android?

as well as what you have tried and what happened.

I've tried both Firefox and Chrome, with and without adblock, and anything else I can guess. I'm a webmaster for a club I'm in so I'm no noob. Help!

I've tried both Firefox and Chrome, with and without adblock, and anything else I can guess. I'm a webmaster for a club I'm in so I'm no noob. Help!

Same question from me. It worked fine until I updated to Windows10, now I get nothing.

I can help you find it, but if you found it and it just won’t play I don’t know how to help.

maybe try a mobile device, iPhone, iPad, Android?

mid course the app is far from perfect. Yesterday ten minutes into the bowl game the app still said the game hadn’t started yet.....

Sharing this here:
If you are planning on watching the PSU. vs IOWA match tomorrow on BTN via a Roku, you better have a plan “B”. This is an email I just received from Roku...

Dear Roku Customer,
On January 31, 2020, all standalone FOX channels will no longer be available on Roku streaming devices.

You can still watch FOX channels through these services: FuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, SlingTV, YouTube TV and other live TV services, many of which offer free trials. We also have thousands of other great channels in the Roku Channel Store. We've got you covered!

If you have a Roku TV, you may be able to receive FOX over the air with an antenna.

Happy Streaming™
Roku

Reactions: nerfstate
ADVERTISEMENT