ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Bump!

Anyone have twitter info on what the recruits thought about our win?
https://www.landof10.com/penn-state...of10_PSU&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

I caught up with a few commits, who shared their thoughts in the aftermath of an epic Penn State victory. Here’s what they said.

Cornerback Trent Gordon (Manvel, Texas): “When Iowa scored, I was just like the Penn State fans in the stands. I was shocked and was thinking that it would be a miracle to pull off this win, because at that point a field goal couldn’t save nor tie up the game and their only option was a touchdown. When it was Penn State’s last minute with the ball, they were just pounding down the field and that’s where that confidence kicked in and said they had the win. Now I’m not going to lie, they had me shaking those last couple of seconds, and I know for a fact the ball was intended for No. 5 [DaeSean Hamilton], but hey, a touchdown is a touchdown to win a game. But I was so hype that they pulled it off and I just remember having so much pride about my future school.”

Defensive tackle Aeneas Hawkins (Cincinnati): “Man … those guys never quit. Defense turned up the heat when the offense was having some trouble getting it into the end zone. Exciting game to watch. That’s what college football is about.”

Defensive tackle PJ Mustipher (Owings Mills, Md.): “Everything that is happening in Happy Valley right now isn’t a surprise to me or any commit or recruit because when you’re at Penn State, you hear the passion the coaches have when they speak about their team and Penn State’s ability to be great. So when they win big games like Iowa, I’m not shocked because in Happy Valley they get the job done no matter what.”

Kicker Jake Pinegar (Ankeny, Iowa): “It was sure a crazy game. It’s always tough to come into a Kinnick [Stadium] night game and come out with a win. I thought Penn State controlled the game the whole night. Saquon is the freakiest guy I’ve watched this year by far. He really stepped up. I thought the last drive was within them and they pulled it out, which is awesome! The last-second play was amazing. McSorley had good poise and put the team on his back. I was up jumping and shaking for a while after that play! All in all, what a game!”

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state...of10_PSU&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

I caught up with a few commits, who shared their thoughts in the aftermath of an epic Penn State victory. Here’s what they said.

Cornerback Trent Gordon (Manvel, Texas): “When Iowa scored, I was just like the Penn State fans in the stands. I was shocked and was thinking that it would be a miracle to pull off this win, because at that point a field goal couldn’t save nor tie up the game and their only option was a touchdown. When it was Penn State’s last minute with the ball, they were just pounding down the field and that’s where that confidence kicked in and said they had the win. Now I’m not going to lie, they had me shaking those last couple of seconds, and I know for a fact the ball was intended for No. 5 [DaeSean Hamilton], but hey, a touchdown is a touchdown to win a game. But I was so hype that they pulled it off and I just remember having so much pride about my future school.”

Defensive tackle Aeneas Hawkins (Cincinnati): “Man … those guys never quit. Defense turned up the heat when the offense was having some trouble getting it into the end zone. Exciting game to watch. That’s what college football is about.”

Defensive tackle PJ Mustipher (Owings Mills, Md.): “Everything that is happening in Happy Valley right now isn’t a surprise to me or any commit or recruit because when you’re at Penn State, you hear the passion the coaches have when they speak about their team and Penn State’s ability to be great. So when they win big games like Iowa, I’m not shocked because in Happy Valley they get the job done no matter what.”

Kicker Jake Pinegar (Ankeny, Iowa): “It was sure a crazy game. It’s always tough to come into a Kinnick [Stadium] night game and come out with a win. I thought Penn State controlled the game the whole night. Saquon is the freakiest guy I’ve watched this year by far. He really stepped up. I thought the last drive was within them and they pulled it out, which is awesome! The last-second play was amazing. McSorley had good poise and put the team on his back. I was up jumping and shaking for a while after that play! All in all, what a game!”
Pinegar was jumping. That's a good sign unless it was one-legged jumping.

You know what Glov...I and most others are done with your BS. Stop the harassment.

Mods...If Glov doesn't stop immediately it's time to ban him.
Ban GLOV?

Naaahh.....he's one of the more colorful characters around here, and he knows his sports, despite his unfortunate choice of the Tarheels as a bandwagon fan; granted, he is an acquired taste, but often comes up with good stuff.

One of the best remedies for individual feuds is just to use the "ignore" feature.

You know what Glov...I and most others are done with your BS. Stop the harassment.

Mods...If Glov doesn't stop immediately it's time to ban him.
Ya, Glov can be an ass, repeatedly. time off might be a good idea.
but let's not ruin this thread again

Ban GLOV?

Naaahh.....he's one of the more colorful characters around here, and he knows his sports, despite his unfortunate choice of the Tarheels as a bandwagon fan; granted, he is an acquired taste, but often comes up with good stuff.

One of the best remedies for individual feuds is just to use the "ignore" feature.
Scr•w ignore---Pistols--dawn---30 paces---problem solved

Reactions: bmw199
I doubt that it is most others. Many agree with me as well.

Why would you make fun of a PSU recruits injury??

I suppose you missed that.
I said that Pinegar jumped when PSU scored the winning TD and that that was a good sign. I assumed everyone knew he had a knee injury which is why I wrote that the jumping was good unless it was one-legged. I was not insulting Pinegar. I was happy that he could jump. You, of course, didn't understand that because you're THICK.

My response to your insult was 'please explain', meaning please explain your insult based on my benign post. The 77-74 was in the next paragraph just as a reminder but you thought I was asking you to explain the 77-74 score. That's because you are THICK.

No worries, I do have you on ignore but I sometimes look at ignored content. Can you take all of that in or are you too THICK?

Sorry Glov chose to insult me in this thread. I needed to respond because I saw some complaints about Glov. Just wanted to give the details to the dolt.

NM from me on that. Sorry. Thanks.

Reactions: Woodpecker
Add Oweh, Ty Smith, Parsons to this class?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Add Oweh, Ty Smith, Parsons to this class?

giphy.gif

I did the what if thing on 247, with Parsons, Smith, Owen, and Walker and we are still below where tOSU is right now, and I'm sure that Bama and others will have a good bit of highly rated guys sign on LOI day or just before. We are doing extremely well, but don't think we'll get higher than we are now.

I said that Pinegar jumped when PSU scored the winning TD and that that was a good sign. I assumed everyone knew he had a knee injury which is why I wrote that the jumping was good unless it was one-legged. I was not insulting Pinegar. I was happy that he could jump. You, of course, didn't understand that because you're THICK.

My response to your insult was 'please explain', meaning please explain your insult based on my benign post. The 77-74 was in the next paragraph just as a reminder but you thought I was asking you to explain the 77-74 score. That's because you are THICK.

No worries, I do have you on ignore but I sometimes look at ignored content. Can you take all of that in or are you too THICK?

Sorry Glov chose to insult me in this thread. I needed to respond because I saw some complaints about Glov. Just wanted to give the details to the dolt.

NM from me on that. Sorry. Thanks.

You're attempt at humor failed.

I'm thick? HAHAHAHAHAH!

Supposedly a USC writer has a "source" saying that PSU is frontrunner for Angeline, but I don't really buy it. Not sure we would have room unless both Dalton and Bowers transferred out. Writer not from one of the major recruiting services either.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Supposedly a USC writer has a "source" saying that PSU is frontrunner for Angeline, but I don't really buy it. Not sure we would have room unless both Dalton and Bowers transferred out. Writer not from one of the major recruiting services either.

Per Sean Fitz, Angeline is very interested in PSU and has reached out to the Lions and wants to go here, "but there is currently no room for him". Maybe he can get a greyshirt or walk on for a year.

ADVERTISEMENT