ADVERTISEMENT

2018-2019 English Premier League thread

It was a good day:

vVzwPvv.jpg

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
It’s the same call they made against Otamendi against Schalke. For me it wasn’t a penalty in either case, but if that’s the rule and they are consistent I can live with it. It amazes me PSG is crying about it as if it determined the whole game. They gave the ball to Lukaku in the 2nd minute and had a GK error, both of which gifted United goals. Mbappe fell over the ball in front of goal at least twice.

It will be interesting to see who United draw in the next round. I don’t think they can beat Barca or City over two legs. Everyone else is beatable.
So the penalty should be based solely on intent? I finally saw the replay and thought it was a solid call, but it’s not as if I know the letter of the rules.

It was a good day:

vVzwPvv.jpg
Today is why I think the rush to give Ole the permanent manager gig is premature. I want to see how the squad closes the season after the emotional wave post-Mourinho subsides. For me, they have to make the Top Four spots for him to get the job. The Champions League is just icing on the cake, unless they did the impossible and won it.

Today is why I think the rush to give Ole the permanent manager gig is premature. I want to see how the squad closes the season after the emotional wave post-Mourinho subsides. For me, they have to make the Top Four spots for him to get the job. The Champions League is just icing on the cake, unless they did the impossible and won it.
United blew some stellar chances. Lukaku played poorly.

United blew some stellar chances. Lukaku played poorly.
This is why they should wait until the season ends to make a permanent hire. Play was very uneven from mid week to today. It’s understandable why that happened, but the manager’s job is to minimize it happening.

The fact they lost to their biggest competitor for a top 4 spot magnifies the loss.

Reactions: LionJim
He was 11 points out and closed that lead hurry. The fact they are sniffing it is a tiny miracle. I’m sold and one road loss isn’t making me pump the breaks.

Reactions: LionJim
He was 11 points out and closed that lead hurry. The fact they are sniffing it is a tiny miracle. I’m sold and one road loss isn’t making me pump the breaks.
I am not saying OGS does not get the job. I am saying there should be no hurry to make it official. Wait for the entire body of work to inform things.

What if Utd go on a streak of poor results and they finish 5-6 points outside the top four? Does that change how people feel? Probably.

They gain nothing by rushing a decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Boy, it sure is silent around here when Liverpool plays and WINS!

Of course, had they lost, the small-minded cheap-seat folks would come out like cockroaches in the dark!

Liverpool 3 - FC Bayern Munchen 1.

"We now return you to your normal programming!"

:):p:D:p:)
Congrats, now here is your participation trophy!
giphy.gif

Fulham vs. Liverpool. The REDS. :eek: led at halftime, 1-NIL. :eek: , but they started giving Fulham a number of chances in the second half. Babel just tied it for Fulham on a Liverpool defensive breakdown. 1-1 in the 76th minute.

Last edited:
Liverpool catch a break. The Fulham goalkeeper needlessly pulls down Mane, and Milner converts on the penalty kick. 2-1, REDS. :eek: , in the 82nd minute.

Wow, RM out.

Trent Alexander-Arnold believes Liverpool’s three wins in the space of a week demonstrated they’re ‘a force to be reckoned with’ as the season edges towards its decisive finale.

The Reds recorded victories over Burnley, Bayern Munich and Fulham to return to the top of the Premier League table, albeit having played a game more than Manchester City, and move into the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

The latest triumph – at Craven Cottage on Sunday – needed Jürgen Klopp’s men to recover from the setback of conceding a late equaliser to go on clinch a 2-1 success.

“To be able to bounce back and show our character was good for us,” Alexander-Arnold said.

“These are the ones that maybe go unnoticed during the season, but they are vitally important for us. And I think we will probably look back at the end of the season and think that, whatever the outcome may be, this game was important for us.

“The full week – the goals we have conceded at home to Burnley, when we went down at home, it was tough going to Bayern, and then conceding a late equaliser against Fulham was tough.

“Mentally we have been through a lot of tests this week, but come out with three wins and that’s all you can ask from the lads.”

Arsenal’s eight remaining matches: Newcastle (13), Everton (11), Watford (8), CP (14), Wolves (7), Leicester City (10), Brighton (14), and Burnley (17). Good chance for 3rd.
Yeah they do seem to have a favorable lineup coming down the stretch. MU has City, Chelsea, Everton, and Wolves again with some relegation teams mixed in there. I think they finish at 5, but you never know.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I will be corrected if I am mistaken but it’s my understanding that if MU finishes fifth but wins the Champions League, they get the fourth CL berth next year and the team in fourth place gets shut out. That’s another layer of interest.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I will be corrected if I am mistaken but it’s my understanding that if MU finishes fifth but wins the Champions League, they get the fourth CL berth next year and the team in fourth place gets shut out. That’s another layer of interest.
Messi is in pretty good form this year...don't see MU advancing beyond this round.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
Arsenal’s eight remaining matches: Newcastle (13), Everton (11), Watford (8), CP (14), Wolves (7), Leicester City (10), Brighton (14), and Burnley (17). Good chance for 3rd.

Geez. Does Sandy Barbour schedule for the GUNNERS. :eek: ?

CUPCAKES. :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT