ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Preseason Practice Articles/Discussion

ESPN working feverishly in preseason to set the narrative for Heisman talk:
1. Saquon has too many negative-yard runs
2. Saquon is overrated (according to the irrelevant pre-WW2 powerhouse wolverines)
3. Trace just throws the ball up and prays for a catch

So, just in case Barkley gets 2000+ yards, and/or McSorley throws for 4,000 yards, and/or Penn State wins out, the narrative is set. :rolleyes:

ESPN working feverishly in preseason to set the narrative for Heisman talk:
1. Saquon has too many negative-yard runs
2. Saquon is overrated (according to the irrelevant pre-WW2 powerhouse wolverines)
3. Trace just throws the ball up and prays for a catch

So, just in case Barkley gets 2000+ yards, and/or McSorley throws for 4,000 yards, and/or Penn State wins out, the narrative is set. :rolleyes:
#1 and #2 are clearly absurd, but Trace has to prove he can become an accurate passer, because last year he was not. He has a lot of great attributes but accurate passing is not one of them. PSU getting to the very top next year depends on his development, and I am really hoping his experience last year really helps him.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
#1 and #2 are clearly absurd, but Trace has to prove he can become an accurate passer, because last year he was not. He has a lot of great attributes but accurate passing is not one of them. PSU getting to the very top next year depends on his development, and I am really hoping his experience last year really helps him.

Keep in mind that his deep ball attempts skewed his completion %.

It was still a good trade as he didn't lead the B1G in passing efficiency for nothing.

PSU getting to the very top this year depends on the defense, not Trace McSorley.

Reactions: PSU87
PSU getting to the very top this year depends on the defense, not Trace McSorley.
Keep in mind that his deep ball attempts skewed his completion %.

It was still a good trade as he didn't lead the B1G in passing efficiency for nothing.
I'm not sure how many games you guys watched last year. I am not talking about the whole jump-ball controversy. I am talking about badly missing a lot of open receivers on a lot of plays. I mean, it was obvious.

The only question mark on defense is the affect of two guys who went pro that probably shouldn't have. This is the last year something like that will be a cause for concern as the depth of talent we will have going forward will help insulate us. We are beyond stacked at the secondary and finally have good LB talent again.

I'm not sure how many games you guys watched last year. I am not talking about the whole jump-ball controversy. I am talking about badly missing a lot of open receivers on a lot of plays. I mean, it was obvious.

The only question mark on defense is the affect of two guys who went pro that probably shouldn't have. This is the last year something like that will be a cause for concern as the depth of talent we will have going forward will help insulate us. We are beyond stacked at the secondary and finally have good LB talent again.

HE LED THE BIG TEN IN PASSING EFFICIENCY.

Trace has to prove he can become an accurate passer, because last year he was not. He has a lot of great attributes but accurate passing is not one of them. PSU getting to the very top next year depends on his development, and I am really hoping his experience last year really helps him.

O.K.

Would be interested in some takes on Cam Brown. Watching him last year, wasn't sure if he shouldn't be at DE. Would be great if he works out at LB.

And a great quote from Koa Farmer:

“I love being in the box,’’ Farmer said. “That’s where the action is.’’ :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT