ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Preseason Practice Articles/Discussion

What a bunch of A-holes!

They didn't score for a ton of minutes in the 2nd half. I guess that was a fluke too.

PSU outscored duhO$U 17-0 over the last 25 minutes of the game! After PSU took the lead 24-21 duhO$U got the ball back with 4:30 left in the game and turned the ball back over to PSU with over a minute remaining after using 3 minutes of clock, using their remaining TOs and gaining a grand total of 12 yards on the possession. PSU went into victory formation on their final possession because they already had the lead and didn't need to score. Oh yea, on the blocked kick, PSU would have had the ball in duhO$U territory after scoring on each of their last 2 possessions.

The only poor-sport losers that could qualify that 2nd half domination as lucky are the whinny suckeye b1g turds.

I guess you always have to factor in missing games due to injury, but this seems way too low...

I think Tommy is in a great situation actually. Yes he has to be patient and wait his turn, but he's getting the time to develop as a QB, learn how to read defenses and be a leader so if he sticks it out one more year next year then he will come in for his RS Senior season with a strong online, elite playmakers all around him and an offensive system set up for him to succeed to the point where if he has a successful year he will absolutely have a great chance of getting an opportunity in the NFL especially given his size, arm strength and overall athleticism. Mitch Trubiski went #2 overall in only one year starting because he was patient waiting for his opportunity in an offensive system built for him to succeed. No reason why the same can't happen for Tommy on some level of he ends up being as good as many of us think he has the potential to be.

Isn't #44 Shaka Toney? Does that clip indicate that both Toney and Scott are practicing at LB?

Scott looks ripped....whatever position he is going to play Safety or LB Watch out. Even on Special Teams we saw what he could do last year in Maryland Game.......

Has there been any info about who the lead contenders are for the open safety spot?

CJ Thorpe...i know it's only been a few seconds of video shown, but he's put Hansard on roller skates in the 2 videos I've seen. This kid is a mauler and will be hard to keep off the field for long

Isn't #44 Shaka Toney? Does that clip indicate that both Toney and Scott are practicing at LB?
44 is Brailyn Franklin according to the latest roster listing. Shaka I believe is now 18. That doesn't mean he has, or has not been moved because I am not at practice(thousands of miles away in point of fact), but that's what the program says. With that said, Brailyn looks the part of a promising LB eh?

44 is Brailyn Franklin according to the latest roster listing. Shaka I believe is now 18. That doesn't mean he has, or has not been moved because I am not at practice(thousands of miles away in point of fact), but that's what the program says. With that said, Brailyn looks the part of a promising LB eh?

Thank you for clarifying that. I must have remembered a spring roster or something. But you are right, both #'s 4 and 44 look ready for action.

CJ Thorpe...i know it's only been a few seconds of video shown, but he's put Hansard on roller skates in the 2 videos I've seen. This kid is a mauler and will be hard to keep off the field for long
Once he reshapes his body, he's going to be a beast.

Well I would surmise if Nick is moving to the Star lb, then that leaves Taylor, Monroe, and Apke?

You know, they sometimes mix guys with other position groups to practice certain skills. Nick Scott has mostly been a running back and then switched to defense. They would have him practicing drills with the linebackers if they wanted him to work on attacking the line of scrimmage and being aggressive with tackles. Perhaps that's a skill he's lacking and some linebacker training will catch him up. It doesn't mean he's moving.

I'm sure Gesicki practices drills with the linemen sometimes and receivers other times. I'm sure Barkley practices with the WRs sometimes. Shareef Miller may practice with the LBs sometimes.

You know, they sometimes mix guys with other position groups to practice certain skills. Nick Scott has mostly been a running back and then switched to defense. They would have him practicing drills with the linebackers if they wanted him to work on attacking the line of scrimmage and being aggressive with tackles. Perhaps that's a skill he's lacking and some linebacker training will catch him up. It doesn't mean he's moving.

I'm sure Gesicki practices drills with the linemen sometimes and receivers other times. I'm sure Barkley practices with the WRs sometimes. Shareef Miller may practice with the LBs sometimes.
Perhaps we'll find out in the media meeting on Saturday with Coach Franklin about any possible moves. And of course, perhaps not.

Is John Reid rehabbing out in Oregon? I read something in the Franklin interview about him doing an internship there. Wouldn't this be pretty unusual?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT