ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Preseason Practice Articles/Discussion

Judge Smails

May 29, 2001
Went looking for a thread to post this awesome picture and couldn't find an appropriate one, so I'm just going to throw up the articles I find here....

DFgso09W0AEXGF4.jpg:large

Only Penn State and Wisky have had winning records in conference since 2005. Bowl eligible record wise all those years.

I would not say we were down. A little tripped up but not down.

Oh-and ***k Delaney.

PSU was 2-6 in the B1G in 2014. Our only conference wins were against Rutgers and IU.

JF NOTES

On the O-line "We plan on Andrew Nelson being a major part of our offense ... same goes for Brendan Mahon." Nelson will be ready for camp.

Donovan Johnson, Tariq Castro-Fields and Journey Brown all ran under 4.4.

JF (on Nick Bowers): "He should be full go for Day 1 of camp."

Awesome that Bowers is back! Need that blocking TE, as it seems Holland is more in the Gesicki mould unless I'm mistaken.

Reactions: LionJim
BFW put on 12 pounds of good weight since enrolling in January. Looking like a linebacker.

#25 LB Brelin Faison-Walden

penn-state-freshmen-at-lift-for-life-2017-bac2fd286b480e69.jpg

Penn State freshman linebacker Brelin Faison-Walden during the Penn State Lift for Life on July 15, 2017. Joe Hermitt | jhermitt@pennlive.com

Signing day listing: 6-foot-1, 200 pounds

July listing: 6-foot-1, 212 pounds

Buzz: Good to see one of Penn State's four January enrollees got right to work in the weight room over the winter. He's probably set to redshirt, but his early arrival could put him in play if needed.

Franklin on Penn State's 2017 freshman class: "It's a fast class. I don't know if I've ever had four guys that clocked on six watches and they all clocked under 4.4."
Those four freshmen are Donovan Johnson, Journey Brown, Tariq Castro-Fields and preferred walk-on Drew Hartlaub.

Reactions: Option Bob
i know he will definitely take a RS, but i would really like to see Journey returning KO's this year

I get what you're saying, but this is the year. I don't want any freshman returning punts or kicks. I admit if one of them wins a spot, Brown, Hamler, Hippenhammer, or Wade have the potential to change my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT