ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story broke last night and has legs. Its quickly become a front page national sports story. What was he thinking?

On a side note, still no word on Fultz playing Summer league. The article where the Twitter story broke, mentions that it was in fact Fultz's mentor who messed up his shoulder by having him practice taking shots in a chair, sitting on the ground, and laying down. There are videos of this.

All signs point to this being his son, although nothing is confirmed.

Screen%20Shot%202018-05-30%20at%2012.33.50%20AM_zpswxzs6czu.png

This isn't going away either. The Sixers organization is bringing investigative people into it, not a good look. Curious to learn where this goes.

I dont think it was the son. It appears these accounts followed his son. I dont know anything about twitter. Is there any reason a person would follow themselves?

You're right. I take that back, as I just saw this....

Sixers, or anyone else picking up James, is just about toast (with possible exception of LA). Word is, the run with these guys has invigorated him. LBJ knows his legacy is in CLE. The young team surrounding him is only going to get better. He could go to Boston or 76ers, but why? So he can potentially get to the finals?

His only option is to the lakers where he can evolve from BB to other parts of the entertainment industry.

Although, one friend said, "wouldn't it be fascinating if the Celtics trade Kyrie back to CLE for James?" Won't happen because James is under contract for 2018/19, can opt out, but then would have to do a sign and trade deal (which would be highly risky).

He could go to Boston or 76ers, but why? So he can potentially get to the finals?
So he doesn't have to score 40 points a night and carry the load mostly by himself. It has worked so far, but it is going to be really difficult to pull it off again vs GSW. He doesn't have Kyrie to help him this time.

He knows that he can get to the finals with just about any team. He doesn't know that he can win it all with just any team.

Reactions: jmorovich
So he doesn't have to score 40 points a night and carry the load mostly by himself. It has worked so far, but it is going to be really difficult to pull it off again vs GSW. He doesn't have Kyrie to help him this time.

He knows that he can get to the finals with just about any team. He doesn't know that he can win it all with just any team.

check. but he's 33. one never knows as there is no guarantee the sixers will stay healthy or him. he could just as easily go to the sixers and watch Boston in the finals. Would the sixers gel with him? Would one or two of the key players leave like Kyrie because they don't want to be in James' shadow?

and, even if he would go to the sixers and win a championship, it wouldn't be his legacy. he'd be a guy chasing a ring like KD. He's never going to do down in history as a sixer. He is now playing for his legacy. Championships are only a part of that, and he's never going to catch Jordan.

Also, don't forget that the Cavs didn't have a healthy team until the last handful of games. The coaches still don't know what they can get from Hood, or Nance or Green. and they don't know the best combinations. So the Cavs will improve next year, if they retain their top seven players.

In the end, I am hearing he doesn't want to go anywhere....for family and comfort of letting his kids and wife grow up in the same area he did.

The young core around him really isn't good at all. It's probably the worst team ever carried to the Finals. Plus I am not so sure Ty Lue is a good coach at all. I think once the Warriors sweep them or win in 5 things will be wide open. LA...To play with Lonzo Ball, Ingram and Randle? I think it would be a little more attractive playing with a BF(Simmons), Saric, and Embiid. Other pieces better than guys like Clarkson too who are a dime a dozen.

The friendship between Simmons and James is why I think he ends up a Sixer. Aside from Dwyane Wade that is his protege and best friend.

Edit: Forgot Kuzma in LA. He is the real deal. Can't see him leaving the East. Sixers or he stays with the Cavs, IMO.

The young core around him really isn't good at all. It's probably the worst team ever carried to the Finals. Plus I am not so sure Ty Lue is a good coach at all. I think once the Warriors sweep them or win in 5 things will be wide open. LA...To play with Lonzo Ball, Ingram and Randle? I think it would be a little more attractive playing with a BF(Simmons), Saric, and Embiid. Other pieces better than guys like Clarkson too who are a dime a dozen.

maybe..and the sixers run was impressive...but they are not NBA champ quality yet. Next year, you'll still have to face the rockets or warriors....sixers aren't going to beat them with our without James IMHO. Why? The second season is a different game. Celtics beat the sixers with their second team. I'd still bet a healthy celtics team over this sixers team. sixers are still a couple of years away, and james is 33. And the celtics have, by far, the best coach in the nba not named Steve Kerr.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Agree with this 100%. Maybe the best coach(and I despise the Celts and Ainge) but do like Stevens.

It's Pop, Kerr, Stevens then everyone else.
Be interesting to see what happens with Pop after his wife passed away and, probably, in the post Kwahi Leonard era. He's got his hands full with the Kwahi situation.

As a Sixers fan, not even worth worrying about free agents until they get this Colangelo thing worked out. Luckily we have a month.

The friendship between Simmons and James is why I think he ends up a Sixer. Aside from Dwyane Wade that is his protege and best friend.

Edit: Forgot Kuzma in LA. He is the real deal. Can't see him leaving the East. Sixers or he stays with the Cavs, IMO.

Sixers won 52 games without James. How many would that Cavs team win without James? 25? Add James to the Sixers and they are absolutely a 60 win team and at least co-favorites in the East with the Celtics.

Sixers, or anyone else picking up James, is just about toast (with possible exception of LA). Word is, the run with these guys has invigorated him. LBJ knows his legacy is in CLE. The young team surrounding him is only going to get better. He could go to Boston or 76ers, but why? So he can potentially get to the finals?

His only option is to the lakers where he can evolve from BB to other parts of the entertainment industry.

Although, one friend said, "wouldn't it be fascinating if the Celtics trade Kyrie back to CLE for James?" Won't happen because James is under contract for 2018/19, can opt out, but then would have to do a sign and trade deal (which would be highly risky).
You're arguing the Cavs young core is better than the Sixers? If anything, the beat down from Golden State will teach LBJ how exhausting it's been being a single star having to carry a team to the finals. He can't continue playing 45 mins a game for them to win and finish his career strong.

Reactions: Grant Green
You're arguing the Cavs young core is better than the Sixers? If anything, the beat down from Golden State will teach LBJ how exhausting it's been being a single star having to carry a team to the finals. He can't continue playing 45 mins a game for them to win and finish his career strong.
well...I get your point. At the same time, there are only so many balls to go around. it is highly disruptive to include a James into a team. Who is going to give the ball up?

so, its not just about dropping James' 34 points per game into the sixers 2019 box scores for every game.

My point is that just because James is on the Sixers, doesn't mean the team will gel or get an incremental lift.

check. but he's 33. one never knows as there is no guarantee the sixers will stay healthy or him. he could just as easily go to the sixers and watch Boston in the finals. Would the sixers gel with him? Would one or two of the key players leave like Kyrie because they don't want to be in James' shadow?

and, even if he would go to the sixers and win a championship, it wouldn't be his legacy. he'd be a guy chasing a ring like KD. He's never going to do down in history as a sixer. He is now playing for his legacy. Championships are only a part of that, and he's never going to catch Jordan..
I wouldn't be worried about ego's getting bruised and leaving. Not a lot of head cases on this team.

KD situation totally different. He went to a team that already won a title and was a huge favorite to win again.

Not saying he will go to the Sixers for sure, but I think anyone would be foolish to discount that possibility. Betonline.ag does have the Sixers as the best odds to land James (Cleveland close behind).

I wouldn't be worried about ego's getting bruised and leaving. Not a lot of head cases on this team.

KD situation totally different. He went to a team that already won a title and was a huge favorite to win again.

Not saying he will go to the Sixers for sure, but I think anyone would be foolish to discount that possibility. Betonline.ag does have the Sixers as the best odds to land James (Cleveland close behind).
Fair enough. From what I am hearing here in CLE, things changed last week when they beat the Celtics...I don't know, this is from typically well connected people who are normally pretty reliable.

well...I get your point. At the same time, there are only so many balls to go around. it is highly disruptive to include a James into a team. Who is going to give the ball up?

so, its not just about dropping James' 34 points per game into the sixers 2019 box scores for every game.

My point is that just because James is on the Sixers, doesn't mean the team will gel or get an incremental lift.

The interesting thing is that LBJ has said he’s agreeable to playing off the ball much more going forward so there is the chance that he works with Simmons. It’s all about what is important to LBJ. Is it rings, is it family, is it post career interests? The one thing that seems a priority is his family impact. That would seem to favor CLE or LA since he has homes in both areas but nobody seems to have a read since this has been managed close to the vest.

Lebron makes the East a shootout with the Celtics. Lebron’s biggest impact might be the professionalism he brings. He’s on a mission and will elevate the play of others would be my guess.

Fair enough. From what I am hearing here in CLE, things changed last week when they beat the Celtics...I don't know, this is from typically well connected people who are normally pretty reliable.

You really think Lebron made a decision about next year between series and told your source? Seriously?

Reactions: bmw199

James would offset scoring from JJ Redick. The Sixers couldn’t keep them both. Redick averaged what, 16 points a game? A couple of guys like Covington and Saric would get fewer shots. There’s your offset for Lebron’s 34 points. It would still be a net lift of 6-8 points per game, though it’s unlikely to happen, IMO.

James would offset scoring from JJ Redick. The Sixers couldn’t keep them both. Redick averaged what, 16 points a game? A couple of guys like Covington and Saric would get fewer shots. There’s your offset for Lebron’s 34 points. It would still be a net lift of 6-8 points per game, though it’s unlikely to happen, IMO.

Actually, they probably can keep Redick for a reduced amount even if they sign Lebron.

You really think Lebron made a decision about next year between series and told your source? Seriously?
Stay tuned. LeBron doesn't live alone and he drags around a team of 20 or so. They all need to position themselves and their families. But hey....as I said, its not a direct source and things could change if someone gets POed in the finals. But I really don't see him going to Philly....we'll see.

Kyrie plus Sac pick to San Antonio
Lebron to Boston
Kawhi to Cleveland

Cleveland can flip Kawhi for pieces. LA? Build around pieces for Kawhi, Brooklyn pick this year, Sac pick and their own next
year. Anything they get for K. Love

So how long before Bryan C is gone? I dont see him making it past Monday.

Either he did it directly or fed the info to someone to shape the desired message. The info is clearly inside when it comes to failed physical, etc. It has to run its course but either this is the most crazy story ever or he knows the trail ends with him directly or someone he fed info to and is trying to leverage something by denying.

I would think it has to end today one way or the other.

Have you had a chance to checkout the talent on that Warriors team? They are pretty good. The Sixers have room for a max contract and they are going to go out and try and get a max contract guy. Nothing wrong with what Brown said.

All these people mad at Coach Brown after he kept the team focused and together after all the tanking years, they overachieve and win 52 games and get the 3rd seed in the East, but that isn't good enough. Should have won the title with Simmons and Embiid 21 and 24 years old. Will never understand how some people think.
I think folks were just on a bit of an emotional high after the Birds won the Super Bowl....

Either he did it directly or fed the info to someone to shape the desired message. The info is clearly inside when it comes to failed physical, etc. It has to run its course but either this is the most crazy story ever or he knows the trail ends with him directly or someone he fed info to and is trying to leverage something by denying.

There's a few different sources that have his wife as the culprit. Her phone number ends in 91. She must come forward.

It's especially odd, because Colangelo was quoted saying "someone is out to get me" o_O

It will be interesting to see what the investigation determines. It may take more than a day to follow the electronic trails, but this stuff is not that difficult for those that specialize in it.

IF it turns out that Bryan C did did control the burner Twitter accounts, and also authored the tweets, I'll just shake my head at the stupidity. Most GMs like positive press, and take offense to attacks. That said, they usually cultivate a number of individuals in the press to whom they'll leak info provided it's not attributed to them, and via that method get their arguments out and promoted. A GM that would take to Twitter to defend themselves, and in doing so puts down current and former players of the organization, is not cut out to be a GM.

Bryan C has been in a tough position from day 1 with Sixers. Hinkie set up the process, and was very effective at it. It took longer than he, or fans, would have liked, but that was in large part due to injuries to Noel, Embiid, and Simmons, which delayed the turnaround. Some NBA owners got fed up with Hinkie being so upfront about what he was doing, so the NBA forced the Sixers to bring in Jerry C. Perhaps the NBA insisted otherwise, but I always thought that if Jerry C had stayed around as advisor, and Hinkie had remained as GM, that both sides would have been satisified. Instead, Hinkie was pushed out, and Jerry C hired his son, Bryan C, to be the GM. The optics of it were ugly, and fans that had trusted the process were, IMHO, justified in feeling that Hinkie got screwed, and Bryan C got to garner all the praise for something that Hinkie had engineered. It didn't help that Byran C's biggest moves were the trade with Boston where it appears that he got fleeced, a terrible signing/ccontract with Jerryd Bayless, and a pretty bad trade to get rid of Okafor.

There's a few different sources that have his wife as the culprit. Her phone number ends in 91. She must come forward.

It's especially odd, because Colangelo was quoted saying "someone is out to get me" o_O
Okay, that’s a thought to keep in mind for the present. Question: he has admitted to having one Twitter account, which likes and shares but never posts. Did this account like the other, suspicious, accounts? If so, not good, wife’s involvement or no.

One thing to remember, the source of the tip is unknown. Not just anonymous, unknown.

Reactions: Kmase21
I think he is gone too. No matter if it was him or his wife. It’s embarrassing to the organization to say the least and frankly I think they can do better without him. They need everyone on the same page.

I think he is gone too. No matter if it was him or his wife. It’s embarrassing to the organization to say the least and frankly I think they can do better without him. They need everyone on the same page.

I hope he is gone. I never liked the way it all went down. I think he will end up screwing it all up if they don't get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT