ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this Heat team is out of control. Refs have let this go way too far. Get this team outta here!

Reactions: SCBlueFan
Great 3rd qtr by the Sixers. 4th qtr was a mess. The Heat cut the lead to 8, but the Sixers kept their composure, despite some pretty rough fouls from the Heat.

Appeared to be quite a festive scene at the game.

DbmQqaoW0AArqiG.jpg

And the process continues. On to round two. Who do we want, Boston or Milwaukee?

I'm back an forth on this.. but I think Milwaukee so Sixers have home court though they're probably the more dangerous team. I think the Sixers win either way and then it'll be an absolute war in the conference finals especially if it's the Cavs or Raptors.

I'm back an forth on this.. but I think Milwaukee so Sixers have home court though they're probably the more dangerous team. I think the Sixers win either way and then it'll be an absolute war in the conference finals especially if it's the Cavs or Raptors.
Milwaukee doesn’t play defense and we would have home court. No brainer.

Bring it on Tom, let’s see what you got. ID all the players in the photos and no looking them up.

hmm, the pics are from a long time ago.

bottom pic:
Wilt dunking over Russell. I think that's Larry Siegfried in the background.

top pic:
Wilt shooting over Russell. Cousy is #14, just enjoying the view. The Celtics future coach, Tom Heinsohn, is #15, and boxing out on the play. The other Celtic that is boxing out, I'm not certain, but I think that's Frank Ramsey. I'm pretty sure the Warrior behind Cousy is Paul Neumann. The Warrior that Heinsohn is boxing out is shielded from view, so I could only guess as to who that is. Lastly, Ramsey is boxing out the Warriors' Tom Gola.

Sixers now favored to win the East.

"As for the Sixers' odds to win the East? How about a slight favorite, according to VegasInsider. Philly (8/5) is just a tiny bit ahead of Toronto (17/10) with Cleveland (3/1) being the only other team with a shot better than 20/1."

Reactions: bmw199

bottom pic:

top pic:
Wilt shooting over Russell. Cousy is #14, just enjoying the view. The Celtics future coach, Tom Heinsohn, is #15, and boxing out on the play. The other Celtic that is boxing out, I'm not certain, but I think that's Frank Ramsey. I'm pretty sure the Warrior behind Cousy is Paul Neumann. The Warrior that Heinsohn is boxing out is shielded from view, so I could only guess as to who that is. Lastly, Ramsey is boxing out the Warriors' Tom Gola.

Serious question about the second picture: Why does Bill Russell's jersey say "Celtics" on the front, but #20 says "Boston"?

Last edited:
Reactions: bmw199

bottom pic:

top pic:

Pretty impressive. Polite golf clap on getting Gola. I think the person blocking him out is Bill Sharman. I wasn’t sure on who the Warrior was behind Cousy. I saw the number and I thought it was 5 which made me think it was Guy. But that certainly doesn’t look like him.

Serious question about the second picture: Why does Bill Russell's jersey say "Celtics" on the front, but #20 says "Boston"?

Excellent question. I agree with Tom though on it being Seigfried. But you raise an interesting question .

Marc Stein of The New York Times in his newsletter:

I now fully understand why whispers about the Philadelphia 76ers and their growing behind-the-scenes confidence that they can woo LeBron to Philly this summer are getting louder.

Reactions: bwifan
So the Celtics top the Bucks in Game 7, so it's Sixers - Celtics in Round 2. It's been some time since I enjoyed a Sixers - Celtics playoff series, but I'm looking forward to this one.

Reactions: 91Joe95
So the Celtics top the Bucks in Game 7, so it's Sixers - Celtics in Round 2. It's been some time since I enjoyed a Sixers - Celtics playoff series, but I'm looking forward to this one.

Who gets the home court advantage? S/b a great series!

Can’t wait to finally get this started. Not sure much scares me with the C’s. Can’t see who is going to body up Jo-Jo or Ben. C’s got a TON of points and chances of offensive rebounds which I don’t think will happen with the way the sixers rebound. Plus the Bucks didn’t seem to offer much in the way of interior defense. I would be disappointed if they don’t split in Boston and would hoping for a 2-0 lead coming out of there.

After that physical battle with the Heat, I don’t think there will be much of that with the C’s. They like to play open as well. That works for the Sixers

This team got plenty of rest, everyone is “healthy”, and they are confident.

Prediction...Sixers 4-1 again

Last edited:
Jaylen Brown is listed as doubtful and most likely out for at least the first game of the series with a hamstring strain. Will be interesting to see if this causes him to miss more games or impacts his play upon return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT