ADVERTISEMENT

"2016" to be added to honor roll

Every year should come down and be replaced with the name of a bot member. Those men and women are the best ever.

Quote my exact statement that you deem not logical, not whatever your imagination is inventing.
Okay, I'll choose just one - In referencing the 1994 team you said "Uhhh…”we” won all the games played, although my contribution only consisted of viewing from the stands or TV." But the pre 1950's teams did not win all their games. They did not lose any games, but neither did they win every game. If the idea that you're asserting is that the reason 1994 is on the stadium is because they won all their games, then the pre-1950's would have to come down come down.
To put it another way - there is a difference between undefeated and perfect record. The 1994 team had a perfect record which is what you alluded to when you said they "won all the games played". The pre-1950's teams while undefeated did not have a perfect record.

Agreed. Simply replace the 2 with a 6.

I respect the hell out of everyone involved with that 2012 team. But it wasn't a Championship team. They don't belong up there with our other Championship teams.
Well then put an * before the year.....we would probably be in a world of hurt if those 2012 "O'Brien's fighters" transferred. :)

Last edited:
PS4814 wrote: Okay, I'll choose just one - In referencing the 1994 team you said "Uhhh…”we” won all the games played, although my contribution only consisted of viewing from the stands or TV."
Despite your following statements, I fail to see what is illogical about my statement.

PS4814 wrote: But the pre 1950's teams did not win all their games. They did not lose any games, but neither did they win every game.
Other than correcting your earlier incorrect statements, I did not comment about the pre-50s teams.

PS4814 wrote: If the idea that you're asserting is that the reason 1994 is on the stadium is because they won all their games,
I again fail to see what is illogical about the idea.

PS4814 wrote: then the pre-1950's would have to come down come down.
This is speculation and projection on your part. As to whether I agree or disagree with any part of this thought, it does not make what I actually wrote illogical.

PS4814 wrote: To put it another way - there is a difference between undefeated and perfect record.
Are you seriously trying to explain this to me after I had to inform you about your incorrect statements regarding undefeated teams? Your incorrect statements are in your post at 7:47 AM on Friday.

PS4814 wrote: Okay, I'll choose just one - In referencing the 1994 team you said "Uhhh…”we” won all the games played, although my contribution only consisted of viewing from the stands or TV."
Despite your following statements, I fail to see what is illogical about my statement.

PS4814 wrote: But the pre 1950's teams did not win all their games. They did not lose any games, but neither did they win every game.
Other than correcting your earlier incorrect statements, I did not comment about the pre-50s teams.

PS4814 wrote: If the idea that you're asserting is that the reason 1994 is on the stadium is because they won all their games,
I again fail to see what is illogical about the idea.

PS4814 wrote: then the pre-1950's would have to come down come down.
This is speculation and projection on your part. As to whether I agree or disagree with any part of this thought, it does not make what I actually wrote illogical.

PS4814 wrote: To put it another way - there is a difference between undefeated and perfect record.
Are you seriously trying to explain this to me after I had to inform you about your incorrect statements regarding undefeated teams? Your incorrect statements are in your post at 7:47 AM on Friday.

It all boils down to the fact that you choose to either not understand, or don't grasp the concept of undefeated vs perfect record. It's been fun playing, hope to never do it again.

If that is the case, they should be separated or labeled as such. It's aesthetically unpleasing.
Thanks for the laugh. It's funny you're all bent out of shape because you think something doesn't look pretty. Instead of going to football games you should walk across campus and spend time at the art museum instead. You'll see a lot of aesthetically pleasing things there.

Thanks for the laugh. It's funny you're all bent out of shape because you think something doesn't look pretty. Instead of going to football games you should walk across campus and spend time at the art museum instead. You'll see a lot of aesthetically pleasing things there.

This is a football forum, not an art appreciation forum. The subject of the thread relates to this past season being put on the suites. Go back to sleep.

Tough crowd here... imho, excellence is is not defined by the W/L record, but by the accomplishments of the team of that particular year. Content of character accomplishment for 2012... winning the B1G championship in 2016 when it was projected to be one of the lowest years under the BS sanctions....

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
It all boils down to the fact that you choose to either not understand, or don't grasp the concept of undefeated vs perfect record. It's been fun playing, hope to never do it again.

I'd bet anything you'd like to lose for you to find one quote of mine that supports your claim. I have already pointed out your earlier post on Friday at 7:47 AM, when you wrote:

By your logic only teams that went undefeated should be on the wall. Guess you'll have to take down 1982 then b/c we went 11-1. Take down 1947 b/c we were 9-0-1 that year. Take down 1921 8-0-2, 1920 7-0-2, 1911 8-0-1 and 1909 5-0-2. Finally take down 1894 b/c we were 6-0-1.

You also called me illogical and a loon. Take a look in the mirror.

I like the years up there the way they are. PSU fans know what they mean. I don't know why we need to outline what the years mean. It's simple, like our jerseys without the names on them. The 2012 team didn't win a championship, but they provided hope for the program and the community moving forward. And 409 should be somewhere in the stadium. Some of those great years, Sandusky was a big part of the success. If they're still up there, then 409 should no doubt be visible somewhere in the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT