ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Rudest Cities in America & a more current listing.

I’m not going to challenge my city’s high ranking on that list. We Philadelphians are pretty abrupt, but a lot of it is bluster.

As for DC, definitely way up there on the self-importance scale, if anything. Pretension through the roof.
Phillys problem is its New York wannabe complex.

Dcs problem is brutal careerism that makes the first social question “what do you do”.

Don’t sleep on Silicon Valley

Reactions: psu7113 and TheGLOV
Phillys problem is its New York wannabe complex.

Dcs problem is brutal careerism that makes the first social question “what do you do”.

Don’t sleep on Silicon Valley
You nailed DC. Never been to SV - I can imagine it’s pretty bad. A bunch of 20 somethings making a ton of money for trifling things

+100. How didn’t Boston make #1?
I find them to be 10x more rude than Phoenix.
And sorry but DC needs to be in the top 2 as well. They are not only rude but for some unknown reason think they are better than everyone else.
Isn’t that true of pretty much all big cities? People that live in big cities, whichever city that is, seem to think they are better than anyone who doesn’t live in a big city...more cultured, more educated, more elite.

Reactions: Nitwit
Isn’t that true of pretty much all big cities? People that live in big cities, whichever city that is, seem to think they are better than anyone who doesn’t live in a big city...more cultured, more educated, more elite.
Boston gets you both coming and going. You get Boston blue collar who are among the most boorish people you will find anywhere. Then you get pretentious academic blue bloods who just can’t figure out how to cover their snobbishness

In fairness, on balance they probably are at least two of three. But none of those have anything to do with having class.

Why Atlanta?? You'all need to spend some time in Hotlanta......one of the most diverse cities in the US. I can go to my local Costco....and outside of my wife and Costco employees, not here one word of English spoken....lots of Chinese. Russia, Japanese etc.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Why Atlanta?? You'all need to spend some time in Hotlanta......one of the most diverse cities in the US. I can go to my local Costco....and outside of my wife and Costco employees, not here one word of English spoken....lots of Chinese. Russia, Japanese etc.
Yeah the south is actually pretty inoffensive. But everybody in the Costco might be openly packing heat.

Well maybe but I don't think Philly has the arrogance that DC has and its not true of Baltimore but we have other "issues".
I also haven't seen it in San Diego but I've only been visiting there 4 or 5 times not living so that could be why I didn't see it.
My experience with living near and going to DC a lot is their arrogance is off the chart and frankly it shouldn't be. They are the epitome of idiot savant.

Well maybe but I don't think Philly has the arrogance that DC has and its not true of Baltimore but we have other "issues".
I also haven't seen it in San Diego but I've only been visiting there 4 or 5 times not living so that could be why I didn't see it.
My experience with living near and going to DC a lot is their arrogance is off the chart and frankly it shouldn't be. They are the epitome of idiot savant.
It’s a different kind of rudeness. Dc is arrogance. Philly is basically a form of parochial inflexibility and inferiority complex that leads to the willingness to say fu at the drop of a hat. .

Reactions: Nitt1300
In fairness, on balance they probably are at least two of three. But none of those have anything to do with having class.
Or not. Yes, big cities have more opportunities for these things, but most people don’t take advantage of them. I’m sure the majority of people who live in a big city have never been to an opera, a play, the orchestra, or anything else cultured. Just living in a city doesn’t automatically make you cultured, educated or elite.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV and Nitwit
Here's my list. Stay away! Especially in the winter. There's nothing good to see or do here and you will be treated rudely.

1) Jupiter, FL
2) Palm Beach Gardens, FL
3) Juno Beach, FL
4) Hobe Sound, FL
5) Stuart, FL

Paris is the most rude. Dublin is the most friendly internationally. I’ve never been to Tokyo but I imagine all of Japan is friendly as respect is part of their culture.

New York is actually very friendly. I think people are aware they need to help each other out in order to survive in the big city. It’s very humane. They get a bad rap from reporters who don’t really know.

I don’t care for Midwest midsize cities like Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston, New Orleans, Louisville, or bigger ones like Dallas, Denver, Detroit, or Phoenix. There is a lot of veiled bigotry in cities which are too homogeneous. California is a mess wherever you go. They have little character and are full of transplanted narrow minded people if I may grossly over generalize.

Last edited:
I dont know if Baltimore's are the rudest or they are just so stupid they don't know better

Yeah. Baltimore is the rude one...

DC is full of people from elsewhere so if you put them on the list it’s just like saying New York/New Jersey again, or Boston again, or Pittsburgh, or Michigan again.

I go to a PSU bar around Palm Beach and I do get treated well there. It is tied into a bowling alley.
You just keep that to yourself Glov. If anyone asks, tell them they will be treated rudely and sold poor quality, overpriced souvenirs from Gambit Enterprises.

Paris is the most rude. Dublin is the most friendly internationally. I’ve never been to Tokyo but I imagine all of Japan is friendly as respect is part of their culture.

New York is actually very friendly. I think people are aware they need to help each other out in order to survive in the big city. It’s very humane. They get a bad rap from reporters who don’t really know.

I don’t care for Midwest midsize cities like Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston, New Orleans, Louisville, or bigger ones like Dallas, Denver, Detroit, or Phoenix. California is a mess wherever you go. They have little character and are full of transplanted narrow minded people if I may grossly over generalize.

yes......tojo was extremely friendly...jk i would actually like to visit tokyo someday. There would have to be some american cuisine though.
general-hideki-tojo-the-then-new-japanese-premier-who-concurrently-picture-id515567878

The crime rate is extremely low. They respect their elderly, and they love American pop culture. The train cars are constantly sanitized by uniformed attendants, and people with a cough wear face masks to protect others. I wish they handed them out on planes in America. In the USA they just spit onto the sidewalk. Perhaps someone whose visited can elaborate on Tokyo. I’ve read a lot of books about Japan but never visited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT