ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Pre Season Camp Reports

I do and I know it didn't happen. You made it up. It's fine you want to be a story teller, but it's pure fiction. Not even an ounce of truth to it.
I don't intend to high jack this thread. Since you weren't in the room, you don't know what happened or what was said anymore than I do. I said from day 1 this is what I think happened, because that is the way JC's are recruited (well that an cash, and I don't think cash changed hands). So that's it.

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad to see that the best players will play, regardless of their class.

It looks pretty certain that Menet and McGovern will not be redshirting, even if not starting early in the season.

That's a tough one. I guess if Dowrey and Gaia go in and play great and are iron men all year, JF would probably love to redshirt Menet and McGovern. You'd love to see them get a year in the weight room before their clock starts ticking. But based on how Dowrey and Gaia have played in the past, I'd say it's unlikely.

I don't intend to high jack this thread. Since you weren't in the room, you don't know what happened or what was said anymore than I do. I said from day 1 this is what I think happened, because that is the way JC's are recruited (well that an cash, and I don't think cash changed hands). So that's it.

No worries sluggo.

200.gif

Reactions: Rollin Stone
Smalls agree with most of your assessment. I do believe Gaia barring injury locks up center all yr. So still to me its the guard battle between Dowrey and the two true frosh. If Dowrey or one of the other true frosh do well I would hope we redshirt that frosh who got beat out.

Limegrover said Mahon will be one of the starters. Looks like they are still up in the air about Mahon, Nelson bw LT and RT. But probably Nelson at RT.

That's a tough one. I guess if Dowrey and Gaia go in and play great and are iron men all year, JF would probably love to redshirt Menet and McGovern. You'd love to see them get a year in the weight room before their clock starts ticking. But based on how Dowrey and Gaia have played in the past, I'd say it's unlikely.
this seems reasonable. That said, sometimes when the clock is about to run out, all of a sudden a light turns on, and the question is, where did these guys come from? I hope so, because RS those other guys would be great!!

Reminder - Mahon was Rivals' #3 Offensive Guard, a 6.0 RivalsRank and #58 in the Top100.
Hopefully Brendan's potential, time in practices and in the weight room will show this season.

That kind of impressive background may pay off at LT.

Brendan Mahon
Offensive guard
4 STARS

Randolph, NJ
RR: 6.0
Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 315 lbs
Class: 2013

POSITION #3 OG
NATIONAL 58
STATE #2

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Reminder - Mahon was Rivals' #3 Offensive Guard, a 6.0 RivalsRank and #58 in the Top100.
Hopefully Brendan's potential, time in practices and in the weight room will show this season.

That kind of impressive background may pay off at LT.

Brendan Mahon
Offensive guard
4 STARS

Randolph, NJ
RR: 6.0
Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 315 lbs
Class: 2013

POSITION #3 OG
NATIONAL 58
STATE #2

NONE of that will make him an asset.

What WILL, is two words: Matt Limegrover. I hope, and think, that very thing might be happening....

NONE of that will make him an asset.

What WILL, is two words: Matt Limegrover. I hope, and think, that very thing might be happening....

Coach can only work with what he has to work with.

Of course HS Rankings don't matter in CFB, it's all about further development and then performance.

However, high rankings may indicate some players have a combination of mental abilities, mental toughness and/or physical abilities that can be helpful to build upon.

Hopefully our offensive linemen will grow together as a potent unit under Coach Limegrover's guidance and Coach Moorehead's schemes.

Coach can only work with what he has to work with.

Of course HS Rankings don't matter in CFB, it's all about further development and then performance.

However, high rankings may indicate some players have a combination of mental abilities, mental toughness and/or physical abilities that can be helpful to build upon.

Hopefully our offensive linemen will grow together as a potent unit under Coach Limegrover's guidance and Coach Moorehead's schemes.

Hell, I agree. I am ON RECORD as saying that physical and mental toughness, and strength, was NEVER the problem in the first place with 72, 70, or even 53. They had trouble playing the game at the D1 level.

Now, a GOOD coach might be able to raise them somewhat, but not to become an asset. A GREAT coach, like say...Matt Limegrover, might be able to turn them into assets.

And you are also correct: Not having to split the freaking atom and do mental thesis/dissertations before the snap at the line of scrimmage, like Donovan's broken rubix cube had them doing, will also help.

Hell, I agree. I am ON RECORD as saying that physical and mental toughness, and strength, was NEVER the problem in the first place with 72, 70, or even 53. They had trouble playing the game at the D1 level.

Now, a GOOD coach might be able to raise them somewhat, but not to become an asset. A GREAT coach, like say...Matt Limegrover, might be able to turn them into assets.

And you are also correct: Not having to split the freaking atom and do mental thesis/dissertations before the snap at the line of scrimmage, like Donovan's broken rubix cube had them doing, will also help.

Hopefully this season, our OL will knock many opponents on their assets.

I am just thinking about the quality/longevity/leadership that Menet and Bates are going to provide over the next several years. Hopefully we have another Munchak/Farrell in the works. Add in McGovern and this team is going to be very strong up the middle for a number of years.
Nice. Spot-on post.

Matt Limegrover Addresses the Media After Practice

Barkley, Nelson, & Sickels Address the Media After Practice

McGovern (#66) was at guard. Gaia (#72) was at center.
Yeah, I went back and looked at it again. Had trouble pausing that video. Palmer was at LT for at least part of it. Beh missed a block and Golden blocked a FG. Givens looked good. Glad to see ARob and Bell full go.

Franklin is great with all the PR stuff. Guy has done everything we could ask just need wins. Everything depends on the OL play. Important yr or this staff.

Drill Breakdown - Quarterbacks

Drill Breakdown - Offensive Line

Training Camp Break: Ice Cream & Pool Party

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT