ADVERTISEMENT

20 years ago today, a PSU QB lined up in the shotgun for the first time ever

Full circle.... it's time to mix back in some plays with the QB under center -- see qb sneek.

And I remember that 2000 game, I was questioning whether R.C. was going to punt the ball. :oops:

Not accurate. PSU came out in the shotgun formation with Chuck Burkhart at QB against Missouri in the 1970 Orange Bowl.
Great reply NoVa, and didn't many teams run out of the shotgun in the 30s and 40s? Long before my time but I seem to recall seeing highlight films of QBs taking a shotgun snap and running around the end just about every play.

Great reply NoVa, and didn't many teams run out of the shotgun in the 30s and 40s? Long before my time but I seem to recall seeing highlight films of QBs taking a shotgun snap and running around the end just about every play.
The T-formation didn't become popular until 1940. Interesting, I was going to say that it wasn't invented until 1940 but that's not accurate.

what a coinkidin! The last time Penn State had a good power running game was 20 years ago today as well!.

giphy.gif

Actually was true that everyone gasped and looked around to each other almost like no one could believe what was happenin!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT