ADVERTISEMENT

1st Quarter Game Thread

If we are gonna lose, I at least wish we would have been blown out like Pitt was.

So many chances to win. That was just excruciating.

No excuse for not using time outs wisely at the end of the game.
Yeah. We had 3 TOs sitting on the board and he waits till there's only 22 seconds left to start using them. Unbelievable. Did these guy just start coaching yesterday?

2 issues: 3rd and 1 and didn't make and not call TO to stop the clock at 1:06
No problem with the 3rd and 1. They hadn't stopped Barkley in the wildcat all game. They did there, kudos to them. No timeouts sealed our fate. Gave us ZERO chance to win. We would have only needed a FG.

The problem I had with that formation is that everyone knew who was getting the ball, and there would be no pass. It was a sell-out down from that formation. Without a dominant OL the call had no chance. For the play in question the left side of our line did not even run block. Looked like they were blocking for a pass or draw play.

Saw this tweet from Ben Jones on Gametracker:

Ben Jones @Ben_Jones88
Of the nine losses Penn State has had under James Franklin, three of them have involved blown leads in the final minute of regulation.

How many have we pulled off in the last minute.? I agree that we should have done better. But sometimes the other guy makes a play too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT