ADVERTISEMENT

1st Annual LemonPie NCAA Tournament Challenge

Lemon... Thanks for putting this together. Definitely a unique challenge.

Can I get DT, Lewboo, and Scott.

I can't believe you didn't name one of the Iowa teams PD3. :)

Over 80 entries!

Truthfully, I think this contest will need slightly more point variance. This could be done by inserting wildcard picks, offering bonuses, or going a little heavier on top seeds. But a little late now! I'll learn something from it one way or the other.

We'll see! Thanks guys

Over 80 entries!

Truthfully, I think this contest will need slightly more point variance. This could be done by inserting wildcard picks, offering bonuses, or going a little heavier on top seeds. But a little late now! I'll learn something from it one way or the other.

We'll see! Thanks guys

I think you’ll be fine with 30 different wrestlers.

Already thinking ahead to next year. Thought of way to incorporate a potential wildcard.

The hope is that it would offer some additional point variance, participant control, and overall fun

The premise:

Pick any one wrestler in the field. It can be a wrestler you already have on one of your roster or someone else. His wildcard point total would be adjusted based on his seed

Here are the point totals (by seed) from 2014-2018. Got the info from an openmat article.

On the left, you have avg points earned by seed (2014-2018) and the highest earned total by seed. On the right, it shows how the average/high would be affected by the adjustment proposal.

0r0p00I.png

Look at the risk/reward potential! Picking another no. 1 is a good safe bet and highest earner on average, but you're capped! Picking a lower seed might be a disaster, but you can really gain on some teams with a beast sleeper pick.

Of course, I would have to adjust the format a bit (higher scoring) so that wildcard selections wouldn't have an overwhelming influence in the game, but I am liking this idea.

Last edited:
Make sure I have your correct entry on the scoreboard tab. Double and triple checked, but if I entered it wrong initially, it'll be wrong. Thanks! Over 100 entries. 12 hours before the deadline.

Congratulations to @philflyboy

Your peers would suggest that you know absolutely nothing about wrestling! Only 3 other participants found one of your teams worthy! Enjoy your $20 and 50% prize potential increase.

This disgusting rivals board format doesn't offer DMs to poors, so please email me and we will figure out your prize method.

lemonpiewrestling@gmail.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.TobiasZoidberg
Congratulations to @philflyboy

Your peers would suggest that you know absolutely nothing about wrestling! Only 3 other participants found one of your teams worthy! Enjoy you $20 and 50% prize potential increase.

This disgusting rivals board format doesn't offer DMs to poors, so please email me and we will figure out your prize method.

lemonpiewrestling@gmail.com

thats actually laugh out loud funny!

it would be great if the unofficial picks would have won.

last Ill just get this out of the way now, when I win just make the donation to WFL

thats actually laugh out loud funny!

it would be great if the unofficial picks would have won.

last Ill just get this out of the way now, when I win just make the donation to WFL

When i put that part of the contest in the rules, I was expecting to keep the entries hidden. But then I decided I wanted people to check for my entry errors. I knew I opened the door for a late entry to swoop in for a free 20, but luckily nobody took advantage. Phil was a late entry, but still several hours before the deadline.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Finished double and triple checking the spreadsheet, but please report something if you think your wrestler or team is coming up with the wrong score.

ADVERTISEMENT