ADVERTISEMENT

149 to 30?

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
The combined scores of Rutgers opponents vs Rutgers in the past 3 games, all losses.:eek:

That’s nothing. Remember last year or the year before when opponents scored approx 180 straight points on them? They are appalling.

The Big Ten should have poached Syracuse to “get NY in the Big Ten footprint”.

Reactions: fairgambit
The combined scores of Rutgers opponents vs Rutgers in the past 3 games, all losses.:eek:
People say Rutgres is the worst team in P5. That doesn't do them justice anymore. They might be the worst program in all if FBS.
Sure, there are teams they could beat, but with their coaching salaries and resources.... they are the worst.

Did Delaney keep the receipt when he "bought" Rutgers and the NYC tv market? Might want to trade them back in for a working team....

Reactions: fairgambit
I have no idea what you guys have against Rutgers. As an alum, I can say I wish were back at the FCS level playing Princeton and Delaware in football.

I sincerely doubt Franklin tries to run up the score against Rutgers. He had the chance to do it in 2016 and took his foot off of the gas. I respect him for that. Harbaugh on the other hand is a complete scumbag.

I have no idea what you guys have against Rutgers. As an alum, I can say I wish were back at the FCS level playing Princeton and Delaware in football.

I sincerely doubt Franklin tries to run up the score against Rutgers. He had the chance to do it in 2016 and took his foot off of the gas. I respect him for that. Harbaugh on the other hand is a complete scumbag.
No idea what we have against Rutgers? How about your team's asshole fans with Ped State this and Ped State that?

BK, you seem to be ok. I'll admit to not knowing any Rutgers fans personally.

I know internet message boards do not necessarily represent an entire fanbase, but:
1. Your fans seem to embrace the Jersey Shore/Sopranos wiseguy thing. You even had the Sopranos billboards.
2. Way too many East Coast elites who believe any place that can't see the Manhattan skyline isn't worth living in.
3. Your fans were and continue to be some of the worst with the Ped State comments.

As the original outcast member of the Big Ten, I was hoping our schools could be a little more allied against the traditional OSU/UM axis.....but, alas, your fans make it hard.

No other fanbase was more vile during the Sandusky scandal, not just on this board but at football games. It was ugly.

Reactions: PSU87
Not excusing that behavior. I personally never saw it outside of message board banter, but I don't doubt it happened. That said, it's wrong and should not be directed at people who had nothing to do with it. But don't act like Rutgers football fans were the only ones who saying that kind of stuff. They weren't. I lived in Chicago at the time (2011 & 2012) and people were making similar comments out there too. On a side note...I actually went to one of the last games Paterno coached when PSU beat NW at Ryan Field in 2011.

In my opinion, kicking RU while they are down because a handful of idiots said dumb stuff on a message board or at a tailgate is being just as juvenile as the idiots who said those things. Leave being classless to the Syracuse fans, who are jerking off over our demise. Two of my best friends and several other friends are all Penn State grads. My great uncle went there when it was still an agricultural school way back when. I've been to many events and games on your campus. You guys are better than this.

Last edited:
Not excusing that behavior. I personally never saw it outside of message board banter, but I don't doubt it happened. That said, it's wrong and should not be directed at people who had nothing to do with it. But don't act like Rutgers football fans were the only ones who saying that kind of stuff. They weren't. I lived in Chicago at the time (2011 & 2012) and people were making similar comments out there too. On a side note...I actually went to one of the last games Paterno coached when PSU beat NW at Ryan Field in 2011.

That inaugural game in 2014 was horrific.

My then-wife and I had a full beer can thrown at us while we were walking through the blue lot, and two guys ran up to us calling us rapists and pedophials.

RU used to be my adopted hometown team, but no more after that day.

The ratio of subhuman RU fans at that game was extremely high

My then-wife and I had a full beer can thrown at us while we were walking through the blue lot, and two guys ran up to us calling us rapists and pedophials.

Jeez. Sorry to hear that. People take this stuff way too serious.

In my opinion, kicking RU while they are down because a handful of idiots said dumb stuff on a message board or at a tailgate is being just as juvenile as the idiots who said those things. Leave being classless to the Syracuse fans, who are jerking off over our demise. Two of my best friends and several other friends are all Penn State grads. My great uncle went there when it was still an agricultural school way back when. I've been to many events and games on your campus. You guys are better than this.
You're condescending lecture isn't helping.

If you are going to take this stuff so personal then nothing will help. It's freaking college football, not life or death.
Ped State bullshit is not college football. And don't say everyone does it as you did in your last post. Doesn't excuse Rutgers fans being complete asshats.

I can also attest to the treatment at rutgers in 2014. It was bad.

F**k Penn State seems to be a very popular chant among rutgers students as well. I have a couple family members that attended rutgers and they've told me that you'll hear that chant randomly on campus... at 2 am... in April.

Ped State bullshit is not college football. And don't say everyone does it as you did in your last post. Doesn't excuse Rutgers fans being complete asshats.

Never excused the fans being asshats. I condemned it. But if you want to stay angry about something that happened 4 years ago enjoy.

I can also attest to the treatment at rutgers in 2014. It was bad.

F**k Penn State seems to be a very popular chant among rutgers students as well. I have a couple family members that attended rutgers and they've told me that you'll hear that chant randomly on campus... at 2 am... in April.

And when I would visit PSU as a student and tell people I went to Rutgers they'd say things like "i feel sorry for you...blah blah blah". It's like you guys are perpetually stuck in college lol.

If you are going to take this stuff so personal then nothing will help. It's freaking college football, not life or death.

Rutgers fans made it personal. It was so bad, the Rutgers AD issued an apology.

“I would like to apologize ... to the Penn State University fans, as well as Rutgers fans that were subjected to this classless display that does not represent the ethos of our university, athletic department or fan base,” Rutgers Athletic Director Julie Hermann said in a statement.

I don't think you understand how ugly this became, both on a collective and an individual basis. I went to Penn State home and away games over 40 years and this was the worst I have ever seen.

Reactions: Howie'81
Rutgers fans made it personal. It was so bad, the Rutgers AD issued an apology.

“I would like to apologize ... to the Penn State University fans, as well as Rutgers fans that were subjected to this classless display that does not represent the ethos of our university, athletic department or fan base,” Rutgers Athletic Director Julie Hermann said in a statement.

I don't think you understand how ugly this became, both on a collective and an individual basis. I went to Penn State home and away games over 40 years and this was the worst I have ever seen.

I was at that game. Again, I personally didn't see anything out of the ordinary but I know it happened. My friend who went to PSU was with me. We laughed at it all.

It is a football board, right. Or do you want me to continue posting about your joke fanbase?

60 year old men whining about what some college kids said at a football game 4 years ago is hilarious. If you can't see it that way, well then agree to disagree. (i'm in my 30's so maybe i don't understand quite yet).

I was at that game. Again, I personally didn't see anything out of the ordinary but I know it happened. My friend who went to PSU was with me. We laughed it all.

It's less funny when you bring children to the game. That aside, why not laugh off those posts which prompted your post?

Reactions: lw37
60 year old men whining about what some college kids said at a football game 4 years ago is hilarious. If you can't see it that way, well then agree to disagree. (i'm in my 30's so maybe i don't understand quite yet).

You are whining about posts on a message board for god sakes.

It's less funny you bring children to the game. That aside, why not laugh off those posts which prompted your post?

Go ahead and laugh at our football team. I know I did for 3 hours yesterday. If you read my post, PSU people had an air of arrogance about them towards Rutgers before "pedd state" stuff ever was uttered. I remember seeing Rutgers referred to as that "toilet in New Brunswick" on here way before the Sandusky scandal. I'm sorry you had bad experiences at the game four years ago. But I witnessed PSU people being jerks to RU people (including myself) long before that game. My point is there are a-holes everywhere. You two guys, who seem to be NJ guys, seem the most peeved about it for whatever reason. I find that curious but whatever floats your boat.

Go ahead and laugh at our football team. I know I did for 3 hours yesterday. If you read my post, PSU people had an air of arrogance about them towards Rutgers before "pedd state" stuff ever was uttered. I remember seeing Rutgers referred to as that "toilet in New Brunswick" on here way before the Sandusky scandal. I'm sorry you had bad experiences at the game four years ago. But I witnessed PSU people being jerks to RU people (including myself) long before that game. My point is there are a-holes everywhere. You two guys, who seem to be NJ guys, seem the most peeved about it for whatever reason. I find that curious but whatever floats your boat.
Actually, I have a Masters degree from Rutgers, so I think I speak honestly about the situation.

Actually, I have a Masters degree from Rutgers, so I think I speak honestly about the situation.

I think it's disgusting that people were treated that way at the game. No reason for kids especially to be subject to it. The "Pedd State" stuff is just stupid. I haven't seen any shirts since that game but if you say they are still out there I will take your word for it. I don't go on the free board on the Rutgers site...I'm sure there are idiots there still saying it. I don't really see it on the Round Table though.

Peeved? You are the one who came to this board and became peeved over posts which are far less obnoxious than what Rutgers fans did, and continue to do. I will tell you I am about the most mild mannered poster on this board but you are pissing me off with your hypocrisy. I am going to leave this thread before I say something I regret.

Peeved? You are the one who came to this board and became peeved over posts which are far less obnoxious than what Rutgers fans did, and continue to do. I will tell you I am about the most mild mannered poster on this board but you are pissing me off with your hypocrisy. I am going to leave this thread before I say something I regret.

Go ahead and say what you want to say. I have a masters from Florida State and my wife graduated from FSU as well. She was at the bowl game in 2006 and told me PSU fans were being obnoxious toward them calling FSU thugs and mocking the school's academics. Do you appreciate your entire school's alumni base to be painted with that broad brush from some drunk idiots 13 years ago?

Last edited:

I had the same experience in 2014 with my father and friends. We all proclaimed we would never go back. Only my father stuck to his word for 2016. My friends and I had the same experience in 2016. Even grown adults in their 50s were taunting us. Even called security on us stating we were in the wrong seats. Cause they knew the people in our seats never miss a game. We said sorry pal but like the rest of your fanbase they sold out and put their seats on stubhub. We vow not to go this year and hopefully we all stick to our word!

ADVERTISEMENT