7. Beau Bartlett (PSU)
  8. Christian Kanzler (ILL)
  9. Graham Rooks (IND)
  10. Michael Bockhus (MINN)
  11. Kanen Storr (MICH)
  12. Michael North (MD)
  13. Payton Omania (MSU)
  14. Alec White (PUR)
1st Round: Beau Bartlett (PSU) vs Michael Blockus (MINN)
Past Meetings: 2021 Big Ten Championship, Blockus DEC Bartlett 5-3

2022 Season
Bartlett
:
-- Six losses on the season, four to Big Ten wrestlers seeded in front of him (Sasso, Lovett, Murin, Van Brill), plus Diakomihalis and Bryant (LEH dual, his only moderately bad loss).
-- Good wins vs #7 Parco, #19 Ogunsanya, and HM Artalona.

Blockus:
-- Eleven losses on the season, six to Big Ten Wrestlers in front of him (Sasso, Gomez, Lovett, Murin, Thomas, Kanzler). Other five losses were to Realbuto, Diakomihalis, Abas, Lamar and Gfeller.
--No wins against any top-25 wrestler or Honorable Mention (Flo)

Advantage: Bartlett

2nd Round: Bartlett vs Austin Gomez (WIS)
Did not meet, Gomez undefeated in Big Ten regular season

Advantage: Gomez

3rd Round: Bartlett vs Ridge Lovett (NEB) OR
2nd Round of Wrestlebacks: Bartlett vs Christian Kanzler (ILL) or Graham Rooks (IND). I'm going this route.

Kanzler:
-- Did not wrestle Bartlett. Kanzler is 11-9 on the season, with no notable wins. Lost to Rooks and Artalona, both beaten by Bartlett on the season.

Rooks:
-- Bartlett won 6-4 during the season. Rooks is 11-10 on the season. Kanan Storr only good win. Lost to Parco, whom Bartlett beat.

If this is the route (Win, Lose, Win), Bartlett's next opponent will likely be Van Brill (RUT). This is a bout he can win (it went TB during the season), to finish no worse than 6th.

Assuming he makes the consolation semifinals after losing to Gomez, baring an upset, he's facing Max Murin again in that match to advance to 3/4, or fall to 5/6.

Reactions: donboy6499
Are roar and Madden related lol just kidding. Both very knowledgeable though in my opinion I respect that
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT