ADVERTISEMENT

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
Just looking at this weight class, and after Spencer Lee it is so weak. The absence of Arujau and some guys moving up weights has left it completely wide open. Is there any real reason a healthy Robbie Howard can't finish top 4? Who after Spencer would be a massive favorite over Howard? I mean, I guess Rayvon Foley. Camacho appears to be an up and comer too. After that no one is scary. Schroder? Nope. Hildebrandt? Not terrifying.

Am I painting too rosy a picture here? What do you all think?

WE ARE!!!

Reactions: ccdiver
Willie lists Howard at #7 in his projections (NOT rankings).

Fair to put MIchigan's Ragusin ahead of Howard today. Ragusin made Senior Nationals finals, beating Darian Cruz and Sean Russell.

Reactions: hlstone
I don't want to read too much into just two weeks of results but Rayvon Foley (#3 in projections behind Lee and Suriano - if he returns) lost to Patrick McKee, 10-6. McKee lost to Cronin 8-1 least week and Cronin was pinned by Lee in 1:21 last night. I know that is a lot of transitive but I think it gives an indication of just how dominant Lee may be and just how wide open the rest of 125 is.

Spencer Lee is transitive property proof - he's just too good and won't be challenged this year.

Reactions: Lb4097
yep. Lee is that good and the weight is that weak (relatively speaking). I would be very surprised if Lee doesn’t bonus every opponent this season
I would be beyond "very surprised". Even in previous years when 125 had considerably more talent, Lee would easily bonus (normally a first period TF) everyone but elite guys like Tomasello and Rivera. And this season the weight class doesn't have any competition for Lee even remotely close to that level.

Reactions: Lb4097
Spencer Lee is transitive property proof - he's just too good and won't be challenged this year.
Agreed -- unless Cruiseliner Nick returns. Not saying Lee would lose, but definitely would be challenged.

Willie lists Howard at #7 in his projections (NOT rankings).

Fair to put MIchigan's Ragusin ahead of Howard today. Ragusin made Senior Nationals finals, beating Darian Cruz and Sean Russell.
Wasn’t Ragusin just named BigTen wrestler of the week.

Ragusin looks like the second best guy possibly. 125 is incredibly weak. A lot of that is guys staying away from Spencer tho. He should major everyone he wrestles honestly.

Has Howard ever wrestled Ragusin or Mastro?

I guess to answer OP's question, I don't think anyone would be a "massive favorite" over Howard, but I'd be very surprised to see him finish top 4. Top 8 I wouldn't be. I think Schroder is somewhat "scary" due to his top game though.

I guess to answer OP's question, I don't think anyone would be a "massive favorite" over Howard, but I'd be very surprised to see him finish top 4. Top 8 I wouldn't be. I think Schroder is somewhat "scary" due to his top game though.

So you’re expecting him to be an All-American. I’m good with that expectation, with the caveat that top 4 is entirely within the realm of possibility.

Maybe he could wrestle one college match before we expect the podium?

With greatness comes the weight of lofty expectations. I suspect young Mr. Bartlett would have it no other way and will be up to the task.

Question for those who really follow recruiting

I know that Suriano had a better HS record but was he considered the better college prospect coming out Bergen Catholic (I can’t recall) than Howard?

Howard had more offense as a high school wrestler IMO...

Question for those who really follow recruiting

I know that Suriano had a better HS record but was he considered the better college prospect coming out Bergen Catholic (I can’t recall) than Howard?

Howard had more offense as a high school wrestler IMO...
Yes.

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT