ADVERTISEMENT

12/18/19 Early Signing Day Thread

Without reading the whole thread, were there any surprises today, good or bad?

Without reading the whole thread, were there any surprises today, good or bad?

No surprises for us. Everybody signed. Early rumors of Fadil Diggs possibly reconsidering, but he signed with ATM.

The big national surprise was 5* WR Rakim Jarrett flipping from LSU to Maryland.

Best of luck to the kid. Going from Ed Orgeron to one of the absolute worst head coaches in America is an odd path, but perhaps the kid figured he wanted to stay home. Whatever the case, he'll probably get a QuickLane Bowl out of his 3 years at College Park.......if that.

No surprises for us. Everybody signed. Early rumors of Fadil Diggs possibly reconsidering, but he signed with ATM.

The big national surprise was 5* WR Rakim Jarrett flipping from LSU to Maryland.

Best of luck to the kid. Going from Ed Orgeron to one of the absolute worst head coaches in America is an odd path, but perhaps the kid figured he wanted to stay home. Whatever the case, he'll probably get a QuickLane Bowl out of his 3 years at College Park.......if that.

Bowling can be fun. Neon flashing lights, gutter guards, no lost balls, you don’t even have to know how to keep score, the system does it for you.

How has Canada recruiting evolved and will it be a focus in the future

- when you go somewhere, and have success, it makes it easier in the future
- same things happens in the US at high schools
- the players take great pride in getting younger guys from their country or from their state
- we must continue to do well in PA, but we need to expand our territory

Pete Giftopolous, The Yeboah-Kodie's, Johnathan Southerland, Jessie Luketa, Theo Johnson.... Yah (PSU has this).

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV

Yes but how long before Ograsm gets the program on probation..... Jarrett may be smarter than you think.

Reactions: odshowtime

Excellent, thanks. Happy this solid class held up. If this is our new standard for a “disappointing class” as was said in the weeks leading up to today, we are in a great place.

Excellent, thanks. Happy this solid class held up. If this is our new standard for a “disappointing class” as was said in the weeks leading up to today, we are in a great place.

Yep! It's a solid top 10-15 class, and if that's "disappointing", it just shows how far expectations have risen over the past 3-4 years. That's a good thing.

No doubt it fell short of what we had hoped. Fleming, Bresee, Sampah, Diggs, Morant, Tyree, etc. A lot of high-end talent from the region that got away.

But there are some potential difference-makers here. Curtis Jacobs and Theo Johnson are the obvious candidates, but I think Parker Washington has a chance to be really, really good. A great route-runner, catches everything thrown at him, and he's built like a tank. Won't be easy to knock him off his route.

All in all, a really good class to complement the 2018 and 2019 classes. Filled in some gaps at WR and DT, and added to what I think will be one of the best LB corps in the nation.

It's a terrific class, a lot of guys in it that didn't pay the Rival fees for star rankings. The 24-7 non aggregate ranking is 8th I believe and with no QB. Holmes and Lee..... Brevard and Izzard, Curtis, Enzo, Washington. Meiga, Keandre and Dottin, Theo and Fashanu..... are all elite talents... McSorley II maybe as well..... I like the whole damn group, not based on pay to participate in reindeer games but based on their films ..... how they performed in games not in rigged up one on one practice exercises with cones in unrealistic space and settings. I like this class a lot.

Yep! It's a solid top 10-15 class, and if that's "disappointing", it just shows how far expectations have risen over the past 3-4 years. That's a good thing.

No doubt it fell short of what we had hoped. Fleming, Bresee, Sampah, Diggs, Morant, Tyree, etc. A lot of high-end talent from the region that got away.

But there are some potential difference-makers here. Curtis Jacobs and Theo Johnson are the obvious candidates, but I think Parker Washington has a chance to be really, really good. A great route-runner, catches everything thrown at him, and he's built like a tank. Won't be easy to knock him off his route.

All in all, a really good class to complement the 2018 and 2019 classes. Filled in some gaps at WR and DT, and added to what I think will be one of the best LB corps in the nation.
I hope PA as a state can return to high school football glory in terms of overall talent available. Joe built a program built of primarily PA kids with a sprinkling of NJ and OH kids. While there were some local misses this year, it is more difficult nowadays to have to go further out to build a program.

It's a terrific class, a lot of guys in it that didn't pay the Rival fees for star rankings. The 24-7 non aggregate ranking is 8th I believe and with no QB. Holmes and Lee..... Brevard and Izzard, Curtis, Enzo, Washington. Meiga, Keandre and Dottin, Theo and Fashanu..... are all elite talents... McSorley II maybe as well..... I like the whole damn group, not based on pay to participate in reindeer games but based on their films ..... how they performed in games not in rigged up one on one practice exercises with cones in unrealistic space and settings. I like this class a lot.
Check out the percentage of Rivals 5* players on the BT first team. Rankings are subjective but have been proven to correlate to performance in multiple studies

Reactions: JJTopp99

Jarett is a bad apple according to local ha coaches and such. Not a guy I wanted psu to get. He couldn't get all his peoples to Louisiana so he stayed home

Check out the percentage of Rivals 5* players on the BT first team. Rankings are subjective but have been proven to correlate to performance in multiple studies

Ya..... I have looked at all the statistics..... not just those chosen by Rivals to make themselves look good.

Let me ask you this,,,,, how many 5 stars hit the portal since it started? What percentage never played more than 5 games. Where's can't miss Justin Shorter, Was Saquon a 5 star, how about Gronk..... what are the ave number of 5 stars granted by Rivals by position over time vs how many four stars? What is the performance difference between 4.8-9 rated 4 stars vs 6.0-1 rated 5 stars. What are the average rankings for guys that attend 8 Rivals Camps vs those that attend none. Stats don't lie but liars use stats to lie.

It seems PSU was one of the only schools to sign ALL of it’s verbals today. It looks like only 1/2 of the Terrapin class signed, meaning a bunch of their recruits are still up in the air. A lot of other schools also have a few players still unsigned

Ya..... I have looked at all the statistics..... not just those chosen by Rivals to make themselves look good.

Let me ask you this,,,,, how many 5 stars hit the portal since it started? What percentage never played more than 5 games. Where's can't miss Justin Shorter, Was Saquon a 5 star, how about Gronk..... what are the ave number of 5 stars granted by Rivals by position over time vs how many four stars? What is the performance difference between 4.8-9 rated 4 stars vs 6.0-1 rated 5 stars. What are the average rankings for guys that attend 8 Rivals Camps vs those that attend none. Stats don't lie but liars use stats to lie.
Yea, how about Shane Conlan and Jack Ham. We’ve all heard about the exceptions. There isn’t one study that shows recruiting rankings don’t correlate to performance.

I hope above anything else that the lines on both sides of the ball are solidified. To me, that is the area of program that is not on par with OSU, Clemson, and top tier SEC.

Right on, right on, right on!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT