10,000 on ignore, Book 200, Gethsemane, Part 3.....

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014

FCBZJ9NXEAgKO4i

FCBZMLbWEAUathY

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014

Before Colin Powell's body was cold, anti-vaxxers try to blame vaccine, ignoring Powell's cancer
Rebekah Sager

Colin Powell’s body was barely cold before anti-vaxxers began using his death to promote their false narrative about the COVID-19 vaccine.

Powell, the first Black secretary of state and Joint Chiefs of Staff, died Monday at the age of 84 after suffering from complications related to COVID-19. Powell’s family announced his death on Facebook and confirmed that the decorated retired four-star general—who was born in Harlem, New York, and raised in the Bronx—was fully vaccinated.

It was later learned that Powell was immunocompromised, as he was in treatment for multiple myeloma. That didn’t stop the anti-vaxxer machine from kicking into high gear and attempting to weaponize Powell’s death from COVID-19.
Immunocompromised people make up about 2.7% of the U.S. population, according to the Centers for Disease and Prevention.

As of July 2021, about 44% of fully vaccinated immunocompromised patients have had breakthrough infections from COVID-19. And as of May, about 10,000 or so Americans were diagnosed with COVID-19 after being vaccinated, but only 5,100 of those were hospitalized or died. And it should be noted that 189 million people in the U.S. have been fully vaccinated, with 19.23 million getting shots around the globe daily.

The New York Times reports that multiple myeloma also wasn’t Powell’s first cancer diagnosis. He underwent prostate cancer surgery in 2003 while he was secretary of state.

But you know facts can’t correct stupid. So in comes FOX News anchor John Roberts with a now-deleted tweet that read: "The fact that Colin Powell died from a breakthrough COVID infection raises new concerns about how effective vaccines are long-term.”

After getting slammed by practically everyone with a brain, Roberts attempted to explain his tweet, saying: "I deleted my tweet about the tragic death of Colin Powell because many people interpreted it as anti-vax," Robert wrote. "It was not.

“I was excited to get vaccinated, hoping it would help speed a return to 'normal life'. I also did a PSA on Fox encouraging vaccination for those able.

"As we all know, the FDA is now recommending boosters for certain people, and I personally know a number of people who have had breakthrough infections - some of them, quite troubling," Roberts continued.

"Yes, Powell had myeloma, but I was still stunned to hear of his passing from COVID," he went on to say. "We live in the same town, and we would occasionally run into each at the local sandwich shop. His death is a loss for our community and our country. I plan to get a booster as soon as possible."

But that didn’t stop Rep. Matt Gaetz from throwing his own inane commentary into the mix. Way to support your even more inane party, Matt, while also pushing an agenda that we all know is killing more Americans than it should.

Then there’s Fox News itself, which we know holds zero accountability as it recklessly pushed the anti-vaxxer agenda in the hours after Powell’s family announced his death.

Vice President Kamala Harris called Powell an “independent thinker and a barrier breaker who inspired leaders in our military and throughout our nation.”

When Harris landed in Nevada Monday, a reporter asked her to respond to the fact that some Americans may be skeptical about the vaccine after learning about Powell’s death. Harris reportedly said: “I think that today is a day to really reflect on the life of the man and his extraordinary service and not to politicize the efficacy of vaccines." (See at 2:26.)

Last edited:

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014

Donald Trump testified under oath for about four-and-a-half hours on Monday over his role in a 2015 incident where protesters allege they were assaulted by his security team outside Trump Tower.

The deposition took place at Trump Tower, from 10 a.m. to about 2:30 p.m., according to the activists’ lawyer, Benjamin Dictor, who claimed that there were a handful of questions Trump declined to answer. The attorney added that he planned to ask the judge in a civil suit stemming from the episode later this month whether the ex-commander in chief must respond to those queries.

Amanda Miller, a spokesperson for the Trump Organization, vigorously disputed the account of the proceedings.

“Mr. Dictor’s claim is completely false,” she said. “President Trump answered every single question that was asked of him at his deposition today. There was not a single question he did not answer. They were just not the answers Mr. Dictor was hoping for.”

Trump was joined by three or four Secret Service personnel and two lawyers, Dictor said, adding that the ex-president was presented with evidence, including documents and videos relevant to the case.

“This deposition was like any other deposition of an employer who was a defendant in a civil matter,” Dictor told The Daily Beast following the proceeding. (Dictor is a labor attorney who also represents the NewsGuild, a media workers’ union that represents staffers at many outlets, including The Daily Beast’s editorial union).

“Everything proceeded professionally,” Dictor added.

A video of the lengthy testimony will be played for a jury when the case heads to trial, which is likely to be scheduled during an Oct. 25 case conference.

“After years of litigation, I was pleased to have had the opportunity to tell my side of this ridiculous story—just one more example of baseless harassment of your favorite President,” Trump said in a statement to The Daily Beast.

Trump’s attorney, Jeffrey Goldman, who was present for the deposition, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

As The Daily Beast previously reported, the reality TV maven turned president tried to quash a subpoena that would force him to testify in connection with the suit, but this year, a state appellate court dismissed Trump’s request........

FCAm3p6WYAglynQ

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014

Tuesday, Oct 19, 2021 · 1:49:32 PM EDT · DRo
Deripaska's spokesman confirms searches of his family's homes in the United States

The representative of Oleg Deripaska confirmed to Kommersant that searches are now taking place in the houses belonging to the businessman's relatives in New York and Washington. Investigative actions are conducted on the basis of two court orders related to US sanctions. Mr. Deripaska himself is not the owner of the houses, said his representative.
www.newsandguts.com/...

Ten Thousan Marbles

Feb 6, 2014
Report finds Trump used federal COVID-19 food program for political gain, ran it incompetently
Aldous J Pennyfarthing

GettyImages-1221691122.jpg

Most people would—quite rightly—assume that “fresh produce” and “Donald Trump” have no business being in the same sentence unless there’s some secret Russian kompromat Christopher Steele left out of his dossier. I’d like to say Trump and produce are like oil and water, but they’re more like matter and antimatter. I shudder to think what would happen to his body if he ever came within 100 yards of a kale leaf. It would make his Arby’s meat sweats feel like a cool spritz of Himalayan spring water.

So, yeah, when I see a story about Donald Trump, renowned philanthropist, sending boxes of fresh food to the poor, I’m naturally going to be suspicious. And those suspicions will surely be justified because, well, look around you.

Right, ProPublica?

A $6 billion federal program created to provide fresh produce to families affected by the pandemic was mismanaged and used by the Trump administration for political gain, a new congressional report has found.
As a ProPublica investigation revealed last spring and as the new report further details, the Farmers to Families Food Box program gave contracts to companies that had no relevant experience and often lacked necessary licenses. The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, which released its report last week, found that former President Donald Trump’s administration did not adequately screen contractor applications or identify red flags in bid proposals.

Wait, what? Trump inappropriately used a benefits program for political gain? That doesn’t sound like him at all.

According to ProPublica, one $39 million contract went to a firm named CRE8AD8 (which is the most efficient way to render “Create a Date” if, for some reason, you need to get your full company name on a license plate). It’s a wedding and event planning firm, and the owner said the government project was similar to what they usually did—i.e., “putting tchotchkes in a bag.”

The report also stated that an avocado grower who had received a $40 million contract had taken an unorthodox approach when filling out the application. Under references, the applicant wrote, “I don’t have any.” Thankfully, that contract was canceled following a review.

Oh, and a Trump scandal can’t be complete if it’s just about wealthy people inappropriately receiving contracts. You need some crass and inappropriate electioneering, too!

The Food to Families program was created by the Department of Agriculture in the early days of the pandemic to give away produce that might have otherwise gone to waste as a result of disruptions in distribution chains. The boxes included produce, milk, dairy and cooked meats — and many also included a signed letter from then-President Trump.

Ooh, a signed letter from President Trump! Yeah, that’s what hungry people need. It’s not exactly like finding a deep-fried marmot in your bucket of Extra Crispy, but it’s in the ballpark.

Oh, and the cherry on top of the shite sundae? Ivanka Trump was reportedly instrumental in getting the letter added to the boxes. The USDA later told contractors in charge of distributing the food that it had to be included. “Foodbank operators told the investigators the letter concerned them because it didn’t appear to be politically neutral,” reported ProPublica.

Again, a real shocker.

ProPublica also reported that Trump and Ivanka appeared at an event on the first day of the 2020 Republican National Convention at which then-Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue “encouraged attendees to reelect the president.”

Uh-huh. Totally normal. Nothing to see here.

Of course, when it comes to Trump, you’re not just going to get graft and illegal electioneering. Oh, no. You can also add some big, grody hunks of incompetence to this particular paella: The investigators uncovered problems related to food safety, failed deliveries, and uneven distribution of the boxes.

As committee chair Rep. James Clyburn noted, “The Program was marred by a structure that prioritized industry over families, by contracting practices that prioritized cutting corners over competence, and by decisions that prioritized politics over the public good.”

Hmm. Well, that’s pretty much the Trump maladministration in a nutshell.

And in case you were wondering, the program ended in May, under Joe Biden, who’s more interested in actually helping people than tricking them into
thinking he cares.