ADVERTISEMENT

“The guillotine blade hanging over AG Kane's head just dropped another few inches,”...

Mixolydian

Jan 10, 2011
...said John Burkoff, who teaches criminal law at the University of Pittsburgh Law School. “These new charges were not unexpected, but they make it even more unlikely that (she) can possibly hang in there and ride this storm out".

If Kathy is our best hope to root out the snakes and get to the truth in the PSU scandal as some here repeatedly proclaim, we may be in some deep shit....

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/9189960-74/kane-detectives-ferman#axzz2ePNu1Cwc

...said John Burkoff, who teaches criminal law at the University of Pittsburgh Law School. “These new charges were not unexpected, but they make it even more unlikely that (she) can possibly hang in there and ride this storm out".

If Kathy is our best hope to root out the snakes and get to the truth in the PSU scandal as some here repeatedly proclaim, we may be in some deep shit....

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/9189960-74/kane-detectives-ferman#axzz2ePNu1Cwc
Who ever said she was our "best hope?" Could you quote those posts for me which repeatedly claimed this? And to the extent someone thought she was the "best hope," how far behind is our next best hope?

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
Who ever said she was our "best hope?" Could you quote those posts for me which repeatedly claimed this? And to the extent someone thought she was the "best hope," how far behind is our next best hope?

Do you save and archive all posts made on this site? Do you speak for the entire site? If you answered no to both of those questions, I'll fill you in. There were some posters on this site who had this notion that Kane would get the "bad guys" prior to her being elected. Maybe you missed those posts, but they certainly did occur.

You put best hope in quotes not me. That was an interpretation. But there was this...

f you do not think that stopping her from getting everything out there will quash this forever, you are hopelessly naïve. If she goes to jail the one thing the new appointee will NEVER be able to question is all the stuff she was trying to question.

Oh and this...

If you are ok with what happened to PSU, then fine, attack Kane all you want. But if you attack Kane you have to STFU about what happened to PSU.

If you want the more views of others, do your own search. And if I misunderstood your ridiculous non sequitur conflating Kane's issues with the PSU matter, well then by all means I apologize. She is not in the top 100 hopes of solving any of the PSU problems, except in the mind of the politically blind. She can't even get out of her own way.

Here's something for you....

I believe Jerry Sandusky molested children
I believe Fina, Corbett, et al are scoundrels
I believe many on the 2011 PSU BoT are scoundrels and the rest failed their responsibilities
I believe Joe Paterno and most likely the 3 admins were scapegoated, with help from the , BoT, the Pa. OAG and Louis Freeh
I believe Kathleen Kane in an incompetent AG who became unhinged in a political pissing contest and now can not help anybody, probably not even herself

None of that is mutually exclusive or inconsistent. It is very possible to believe all of that. If you believe Kane was going to do anything to help PSU post the Moulton Report (which didn't advance the ball anyway) it is you that is hopelessly naive.

You put best hope in quotes not me. That was an interpretation. But there was this...

Oh and this...

If you want the more views of others, do your own search. And if I misunderstood your ridiculous non sequitur conflating Kane's issues with the PSU matter, well then by all means I apologize. She is not in the top 100 hopes of solving any of the PSU problems, except in the mind of the politically blind. She can't even get out of her own way.

Here's something for you....

I believe Jerry Sandusky molested children
I believe Fina, Corbett, et al are scoundrels
I believe many on the 2011 PSU BoT are scoundrels and the rest failed their responsibilities
I believe Joe Paterno and most likely the 3 admins were scapegoated, with help from the , BoT, the Pa. OAG and Louis Freeh
I believe Kathleen Kane in an incompetent AG who became unhinged in a political pissing contest and now can not help anybody, probably not even herself

None of that is mutually exclusive or inconsistent. It is very possible to believe all of that. If you believe Kane was going to do anything to help PSU post the Moulton Report (which didn't advance the ball anyway) it is you that is hopelessly naive.
I put "best hope" in quotes because I was QUOTING your post.

I never said she was our "best hope" of getting this mess straightened out. Nobody else did, either. But she was on our side, and rooting for her to go down is rooting against an ally.

I put "best hope" in quotes because I was QUOTING your post.

I never said she was our "best hope" of getting this mess straightened out. Nobody else did, either. But she was on our side, and rooting for her to go down is rooting against an ally.

I don't "root". I observe and think.

Reactions: SmithtonLion
Do you save and archive all posts made on this site? Do you speak for the entire site? If you answered no to both of those questions, I'll fill you in. There were some posters on this site who had this notion that Kane would get the "bad guys" prior to her being elected. Maybe you missed those posts, but they certainly did occur.
???No I don't speak for everyone, I just asked him to list anyone who ever called her our "best hope" (HIS ACTUAL WORDS, in case you do not understand what quote marks mean either). He has yet to do so. I was one of those who hoped that she would hammer these clowns and I said it many times. I do not recall anyone saying that she would be our best hope of achieving that. OTOH, as between her and Freed she is still the best hope we have, and will be even if she goes to jail. WTF is so difficult about this. You really think Leroy Zimmerman's son-in-law would have been a superior choice for our issues?

Enough boys. I like all of you as posters. This isn't a topic worthy of getting into a cyber pissing match over.

JMHO.

Apologies. Something happened to my list of posts and I inadvertently responded to a post from over a year ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown

Perhaps it's time to accept the facts and stop fighting a hopeless battle.

Enough boys. I like all of you as posters. This isn't a topic worthy of getting into a cyber pissing match over.

I agree. I frequently feel an overwhelming sense of pessimism when I think of this fiasco. Maybe there was never any hope, given how screwed up the PA political system and courts are. I still hold out the small hope that Graham Spanier will vindicate his name with his appeal and any ensuing litigation, but then I remember that we are dealing with the Pennsylvania court system.

Last edited:
Yep......that's what Liberals do.....lie. ☺️

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Another political thread that has already been selectively censored by the mods deleting anything that may paint liberals in less than a positive light. The mods aren't confident enough in their liberal biased views to allow alternate views challenge their lack of logic and reason.
I don't wear panties. I wear Duluth Buck Naked Underwear.

Another political thread that has already been selectively censored by the mods deleting anything that may paint liberals in less than a positive light. The mods aren't confident enough in their liberal biased views to allow alternate views challenge their lack of logic and reason.

Translation: The mods had the temerity to delete one or more of poor Jack's politically themed posts on this Board. Get over it, Jack. The Test Board is a ready option.

Translation: The mods had the temerity to delete one or more of poor Jack's politically themed posts on this Board. Get over it, Jack. The Test Board is a ready option.
The post that was deleted was simply an observation that demlion defines himself as a dem first and so relative to this thread and others it is politics first and foremost for him. It's obvious that he has sworn allegiance to a political party over all else in his posting history and he even declares it in his handle.

The only reason it was deleted is that it exposed the obvious truth about a liberal poster and the mods can't let that be particularly in a thread where demlion has shown it to be true.

The post that was deleted was simply an observation that demlion defines himself as a dem first and so relative to this thread and others it is politics first and foremost for him. It's obvious that he has sworn allegiance to a political party over all else in his posting history and he even declares it in his handle.

The only reason it was deleted is that it exposed the obvious truth about a liberal poster and the mods can't let that be particularly in a thread where demlion has shown it to be true.

What the heck?

Talk about kicking an old hornet's nest.

2017. 2017. 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT