ADVERTISEMENT

“Study shows less than 1% of COVID-positive college athletes developed heart issues”

“All the news that’s fit to print.” That used to mean something else.

Oh well. I’ll continue to hide in a dark corner of my basement. That while wearing three masks and garlic and clutching rosary beads makes me feel safe against the COVID.
As long as you have Midnighters Polls and paper towels you should be fine!

MLB, professional, amateur and intercollegiate sports in general committed the same sin as CJF....they failed to consult with the experts here before making decisions.

We’re right here. What is their problem?

MLB, professional, amateur and intercollegiate sports in general committed the same sin as CJF....they failed to consult with the experts here before making decisions.

I would have recommended that they do what the SEC did - play.

We all know who would have been right.

Not everyone is as dependent upon the "experts" as you seem to be.

I would have recommended that they do what the SEC did - play.

We all know who would have been right.

Not everyone is as dependent upon the "experts" as you seem to be.
Their obvious mistake was not consulting you.

Statistics are of no comfort if your son or daughter(athlete) drops dead of complications from COVID.
Rather than cry conspiracy, perhaps we might conclude that leading medical experts were/are dealing with something that they have little or no experience with....as a result they made some very good decisions and an equal number of mistakes. But, even in dealing with high school sports....everyone is angry. LOL
A friend of the family’s son, who was a freshman in high school, dropped dead on the football practice fields from a blow to the head....I guess they should have shut down football forever. The fact that this almost never happens didn’t comfort his parents either, but there is a risk involved in playing any sport.

Gee, Hind site is obviously still never 20-20. How many athletes does PSU have on scholarship at this time? And How anyone, including Kevin Warren, could know the results of the study until the time elapsed for it to happen is beyond the pale. You fail to mention the study that shows after 6 months 1-3 of those hospitalized with Covid have developed psychiatric diseases including schizophrenia. Obviously, you are a sports matters over everything kind of guy. Thanks for making Sandy look like a logician. I'm thinking you should enter the SEC fan portal. lattes up!
Rip, I think their agenda here goes deeper than just the sports angle. I'll leave it at that, trusting that you know from where I'm coming.

I notice that there was no reference to the frequency of "signs of possible, probable or definite myocarditis" in student athlete's that hadn't contacted covid. Wouldn't it be significant to compare the subject data to a control group? Without knowing the frequency of "signs of possible, probable or definite myocarditis" in student athlete's that hadn't caught covid the data is (IMO) absolutely worthless.
One of the problems with this is that one of the causes of myocarditis is peds, both legal and illegal ... so any comparison would also have to take this into account. BTY ... definite myocarditis can only be confirmed with tissue samples of the heart. I wonder who had tissues samples taken since this wording is used. Possible or probable is likely the only classifications confirmed and they are not conclusive hence the wording possible or probable.

Reactions: 91Joe95
One of the problems with this is that one of the causes of myocarditis is peds, both legal and illegal ... so any comparison would also have to take this into account. BTY ... definite myocarditis can only be confirmed with tissue samples of the heart. I wonder who had tissues samples taken since this wording is used. Possible or probable is likely the only classifications confirmed and they are not conclusive hence the wording possible or probable.
Anyway you'd like to slice it, the article is BS! I was a High School Science Fair Judge for a number of years and this type of article reminds me of the kids not having a baseline nor any attempt at eliminating error. They just wanted to complete the project, write it up, and move on. Except they were high schoolers!

Anyone who believed this was anything but a ploy to stop sports has to consider themselves pretty gullible.
This is actually the far bigger issue IMO. Many power brokers in academia wouldn't be terribly bothered if athletics took on a less prominent role in the future.

Reactions: bison13 and 91Joe95
It's crazy to me how in the 2020s everything has become a conspiracy if it doesn't align with a person's or group's views on the world. I think it's safe to say that there was, and still is a lot of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. Some people/groups take the cautious approach and others are willing to take risks. So be it. It doesn't mean there is a conspiracy. I can't imagine spending so much time and effort focusing on conspiracies and believing everyone is out to get you. That's gotta be pretty depressing. Go outside, talk to your neighbors and reverse sear some ribeyes! 62.3% of all statistics are made up.

It's crazy to me how in the 2020s everything has become a conspiracy if it doesn't align with a person's or group's views on the world. I think it's safe to say that there was, and still is a lot of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. Some people/groups take the cautious approach and others are willing to take risks. So be it. It doesn't mean there is a conspiracy. I can't imagine spending so much time and effort focusing on conspiracies and believing everyone is out to get you. That's gotta be pretty depressing. Go outside, talk to your neighbors and reverse sear some ribeyes! 62.3% of all statistics are made up.
Actually it’s 63.2% of all statistics that are made up. What I find hilarious about conspiracy believers is that one one hand they continually insult and deride those who fail to accept their theories, and call them stupid. On the other hand they give these same stupid individuals credit for creating well planned, complex conspiracies that defy imagination. Anyway I have to put on my tinfoil hat now and crawl under the kitchen table, because the Martian ray gun people want to communicate with me.

• Haha
Reactions: 91Joe95 and irncty
Actually it’s 63.2% of all statistics that are made up. What I find hilarious about conspiracy believers is that one one hand they continually insult and deride those who fail to accept their theories, and call them stupid. On the other hand they give these same stupid individuals credit for creating well planned, complex conspiracies that defy imagination. Anyway I have to put on my tinfoil hat now and crawl under the kitchen table, because the Martian ray gun people want to communicate with me.
It’s almost as humorous as the anti-conspiracy theorists who make everything that is being doubted as being a conspiracy theory. Very funny. Seeing politicians as playing politics is not a conspiracy theory, it’s real life.

What amazes me is the inability for people to think independently.

It is amazing, how gullible, how sheep-like some people are.

Fauci says "no masks", then its no masks.

Fauci says "two masks after vaccinating", then it's two masks.

Fauci says that without double blind trials, the evidence is insufficient, then no anecdotal evidence is sufficient. Baaaa. Baaaa.

Fauci says masks work without double blind trials, then the evidence is sufficient. Baaaa.

Baaaaa.

Last edited:
What amazes me is the inability for people to think independently.

It is amazing, how gullible, how sheep-like some people are.

Fauci says "no masks", then its no masks.

Fauci says "two masks after vaccinating", then it's two masks.

Baaaaa.
I like masks. I find most people are more attractive when they wear them.

I miss seeing people smile when I say hello and I miss being able to give others a smile. Seems trivial, but it's not. I hope you also miss seeing the smiles.

Reactions: 91Joe95

You're probably speaking from personal experience. I'm actually pretty good looking.

Fit, Trim, full head of hair. Now if I could only convince the 20 something women of this, I'd be good to go.

I miss seeing people smile when I say hello and I miss being able to give others a smile. Seems trivial, but it's not. I hope you also miss seeing the smiles.
I can usually tell by someone's eyes if they are smiling. I find forgetting my mask and having to turn around to go back to my car to get it the biggest annoyance.

no offence- but I'd rather see Diane Lane smiling at me than you

iu

Without a mask? Are you trying to kill her? For god's sake, stay at home.

BTW, she's at my place right now! :)
That's okay. She's getting a little long in the tooth. I turned my affections to Mila Kunis a few years back. But, she is showing the signs of bearing and raising two children....so I am currently a youthful 71 and unattached.

ADVERTISEMENT