ADVERTISEMENT

“Penn State among top US, international institutions in 2021 THE Impact Rankings”

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
See the link below. From the article:

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State ranked fourth in the U.S. and 32nd in the world out of 1115 international institutions that participated in the Times Higher Education (THE) University Impact Rankings, released today (April 21), placing the University in the top 3% of universities worldwide.

The Times Higher Education Impact Ranking is a broad multidimensional assessment of a university’s research, community outreach and education and campus operations. The criteria used in the assessment are linked to the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), global goals adopted by all U.N. Member States that look to improve life for all people and protect the planet.”

F*ck us.

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State ranked fourth in the U.S. and 32nd in the world out of 1115 international institutions that participated in the Times Higher Education (THE) University Impact Rankings, released today (April 21), placing the University in the top 3% of universities worldwide.

The Times Higher Education Impact Ranking is a broad multidimensional assessment of a university’s research, community outreach and education and campus operations. The criteria used in the assessment are linked to the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), global goals adopted by all U.N. Member States that look to improve life for all people and protect the planet.”

F*ck us.
Well hot damn, if this doesn’t scream tuition increase justification I’ll eat my elitist beret.

Reactions: Woodpecker

F*ck us.

Yes, PSU ranks behind Arizona State, IUPUI (not Indiana, not Purdue, but IUPUI), and South Florida. Where are Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Oxford, Cambridge (just to name a few) on the list? They aren't because they chose not to participate. I wonder why.

But don't let me stop you from shaking your pom-poms.🤑

Reactions: fairgambit
Yes, PSU ranks behind Arizona State, IUPUI (not Indiana, not Purdue, but IUPUI), and South Florida. Where are Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Oxford, Cambridge (just to name a few) on the list? They aren't because they chose not to participate. I wonder why.

But don't let me stop you from shaking your pom-poms.🤑

The Ivys didn’t participate because they knew they’d get their asses handed to them.

😉

We rank ahead of University of Toronto (#34), which some here suggested as part of a b1g expansion some years ago. 😁

I just love the language of academia- you could almost believe that actual work is getting done.

Reactions: Obliviax
I just love the language of academia- you could almost believe that actual work is getting done.
3AmFj0Y.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Nitt1300
This thing is like the CBT of Academic rankings. It's an embarrassment that the University even applied. We are listed as Penn State Main Campus. I thought University Park Campus was correct?

ADVERTISEMENT