ADVERTISEMENT

“NASA headed towards giant golden asteroid that could make everyone on Earth a billionaire”

I have a friend who is a journalist. Really sharp and well educated guy who went to Cornell. He is really an exception in my experience in his profession. When we hang out with other reporters it really amazes me how little they know. It doesn’t surprise me that basic concept ms like supply and demand would be ignored in this story.

So he's the one!

Reactions: royboy
No one else is bothered by the fact that the number $10,000 quadrillion was used in the story? I am going bonkers over here. Just say $10 quintillion. You don’t say “1000 million”, that is a billion!

Sloppy journalism, they should lose their share of the gold.

I honestly believe it's not "sloppy" journalism, but the reality that journalists just are not that bright. Seriously, think about college. Exactly who become the journalism majors?? These are not the pre-med, pre-law, engineering, chem, physics .... people.

Reactions: Ski
This reminds me of Lake Wobegone where “all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average."

Kinda a strange use of quotes in the thread title. The article doesn't say that.

NOT. TRUE. We'd all be rich, bitch! I don't believe in your silly pointy-headed ECONOMICS! I say bring it back. We'll all quit our jobs, live in mansions, sleep with supermodels, drive Ferraris, vacation in the south of France, drink Dom Perignon, and eat caviar. I, for one, would donate a new Beaver Stadium, made of pure gold. But I would name it Ralphster Stadium!!!
If everyone was a billionaire so would the supermodels. Therefore Ralphster’s lair could find itself supermodelless. Just a thought.

This is nonsense. We barely have the technology to get there and take a look, let alone try to bring any of it back. The supply and demand of gold will remain exactly the same.
When we’re dead, the price of gold goes through the floor!o_O

See the link below. From the article:

NASA is eyeing up a nearby asteroid that contains enough gold to make everyone on Earth a billionaire.

Psyche 16 is nestled between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter and is made of solid metal.

As well as gold, the mysterious object is loaded with heaps of platinum, iron and nickel.

In total, it's estimated that Psyche's various metals are worth a gargantuan $10,000 quadrillion.

That means if we carried it back to Earth, it would destroy commodity prices and cause the world's economy – worth $75.5 trillion – to collapse.”

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nas...at-could-make-everyone-on-earth-a-billionaire

I say, bring it back to earth. Let the world economy collapse.

:eek:
It's a trojan horse from the Russians to hijack the 2020 ejection.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Substituting recruiting for the global economy, this would be like NASA going to the asteroid belt and bringing back 3.31 billion 5-star recruits for 2020.

(10,000 x 1,000,000,000,000,000) / 75,500,000,000,000 = 132,450,331.1
Times 25 5-stars this cycle.

Not sure if the transfer portal could handle that.

I have a friend who is a journalist. Really sharp and well educated guy who went to Cornell. He is really an exception in my experience in his profession. When we hang out with other reporters it really amazes me how little they know. It doesn’t surprise me that basic concept ms like supply and demand would be ignored in this story.

Really?! Have you not been paying attention to the presidential candidates promising everything for "free" without a cost and people applauding, wildly. You must be sleep walking.

There’s always toilet seats...

This is why scientists need business training
image.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT