ADVERTISEMENT

“Michigan Wolverines AD: Football coach Jim Harbaugh doesn't face wins quota in 2021”

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
See the link below. From the article:

“Despite the woes on the field and the 2-4 record this past season, Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel said Tuesday he has not given football coach Jim Harbaugh a minimum win requirement for the upcoming season and that he's willing to think long term with Harbaugh's employment.

Manuel gave Harbaugh a contract extension in January that will see him coach the Wolverines through 2025. The new deal has a reconfigured salary and bonus structure that reduces Harbaugh's base salary to $4 million in 2021, but allows for him to add up to $3.475 million in bonuses each season.

"Given the contract, obviously I am willing to be patient," Manuel said. "But he and I understand that we need to win. This is Michigan, nobody wants to win more than Jim in football, and me overall. We want success, so did I put a number to his first year? The answer is no."”

hairball’s got this.

If there are incentives for this the guy will make millions.

tenor.gif

Recall Jimbo dragging his feet to sign this deal as he fished for NFL offers that never came in. Don't see this ending well in AA.

Reactions: psu00 and 81b&w
This was a deal because both sides did not have any better options.....Will see what a year brings. I think if Jimmy wins big and can get an NFL gig he will leave fast....Buyout gets a lot smaller for UM if he doesn't do well, and will be easier to rid themselves of the Michigan man if he continues to disappoint.

Reactions: psu00
See the link below. From the article:

“Despite the woes on the field and the 2-4 record this past season, Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel said Tuesday he has not given football coach Jim Harbaugh a minimum win requirement for the upcoming season and that he's willing to think long term with Harbaugh's employment.

Manuel gave Harbaugh a contract extension in January that will see him coach the Wolverines through 2025. The new deal has a reconfigured salary and bonus structure that reduces Harbaugh's base salary to $4 million in 2021, but allows for him to add up to $3.475 million in bonuses each season.

"Given the contract, obviously I am willing to be patient," Manuel said. "But he and I understand that we need to win. This is Michigan, nobody wants to win more than Jim in football, and me overall. We want success, so did I put a number to his first year? The answer is no."”

hairball’s got this.

Keep the greatest under achiever ever to Coach Michigan. Going to wear thin quickly imho

Keep the greatest under achiever ever to Coach Michigan. Going to wear thin quickly imho

His problem was/is using the portal to build a team as opposed to using the portal to supplement the core of talent which already exists. His idea of using transfer QBs fell flat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT