ADVERTISEMENT

“It’s really not that big of a deal….”

creamery

Jul 28, 2009
Kirk Ferentz on 3 of his players being investigated for betting on Iowa games.

On playing injured DT Noah Shannon, “If we got closer to games, that’s something we’d have to weigh and measure”.

Ferentz’s star diminished for me when he accused PSU of feigning injuries in their 2021 game. This is worse.

On playing injured DT Noah Shannon, “If we got closer to games, that’s something we’d have to weigh and measure”.

Ferentz’s star diminished for me when he accused PSU of feigning injuries in their 2021 game. This is worse.
Sad how his character has diminished.

Can’t wait for Iowa to run out of the tunnel this fall for the White Out game - PSU Fans won’t forget that BS those tools pulled out there a few years ago - looking forward to a good curb stomping of the flyover state clowns.
Hopefully they won't try to "fall" on one of the PSU DTs as befell P.J. Mustipher @ Iowa.

Reactions: bison13
Here was the quote I saw

"I think the key point there is betting on our games, and that is, to me, it's a deal breaker if that is, in fact, proven to be true," Ferentz said. "So, we'll deal with that when we get there. But, I think as we move forward, I think, at least in my opinion, it's been a learning process."

Not sure why anyone has an issue with that.

Reactions: step.eng69

I have both seen and read his complete comments. When did he say "It's really not that big of a deal"? I think you made that quote up to embellish the point that you were making.

I was at the game. Anyone in the stands that can watch the activity on the field knows what happened. Hate to break it to you but it was painfully obvious that we had at least one players faking an injury, if not more.

I was at the game. Anyone in the stands that can watch the activity on the field knows what happened. Hate to break it to you but it was painfully obvious that we had at least one players faking an injury, if not more.
Ok, I’ll bite, let’s hear the names of the (those) “at least one players” you believe were faking an injury.

I'm sure every team has "faked an injury" to slow down a game at some point. It's literally the reason why teams get charged a timeout or they run time off the clock at the end of games.

I'm sure every team has "faked an injury" to slow down a game at some point. It's literally the reason why teams get charged a timeout or they run time off the clock at the end of games.
Do they do it when the other team is already slower than dirt? With Iowa’s offense they could have taken a nap and ordered a pizza between plays.

Do they do it when the other team is already slower than dirt? With Iowa’s offense they could have taken a nap and ordered a pizza between plays.
Generally not but there's countless reasons to pretend to be injured. I don't care if anyone does or doesn't. I also don't care that Ferentz believes we did. He can have that opinion. Not sure why everyone is angry about it. Who cares?

Generally not but there's countless reasons to pretend to be injured. I don't care if anyone does or doesn't. I also don't care that Ferentz believes we did. He can have that opinion. Not sure why everyone is angry about it. Who cares?
Because without proof, it’s a classless thing to say and the assistant flopping on the ground was classless as well. I’m quite sure if it was the other way around you’d be blasting Franklin for saying it or allowing one of his assistants to flop on the ground.

I thought you guys did but I'm biased, it really wasn't that bad imho and in no way compares to Spartys almost comical and blatant use of the tactic on a regular basis. Also it's pretty easy to get Iowa fans to boo. They boo almost everything because its fun to boo when you're hammered.

The guy Iowa always points to as being the faker was actually hurt the prior play and tried to tough it out. He battled stingers or a shoulder issue most of that season and had to come out of games multiple times during the season. I think it was JPJ, but I'm not 100%.

Because without proof, it’s a classless thing to say and the assistant flopping on the ground was classless as well. I’m quite sure if it was the other way around you’d be blasting Franklin for saying it or allowing one of his assistants to flop on the ground.
The ONLY complaint I've made about Franklin is he losses too many games which they shouldn't.

The guy Iowa always points to as being the faker was actually hurt the prior play and tried to tough it out. He battled stingers or a shoulder issue most of that season and had to come out of games multiple times during the season. I think it was JPJ, but I'm not 100%.

Brisker. Happened vs Wisconsin and a couple other occasions.

Although I think maybe Jacobs got hurt on a play and returned shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT