ADVERTISEMENT

‘This is where you need to be’: Penn State’s road back

It's a great story, and a good article.

Unfortunately, part of the current reality is the overall negative public impression of PSU left from the scandal narrative; this is reflected in some of the comments to the article, most probably from people who haven't bothered to follow or understand the whole story. So be it; the football program seems as good as ever, if not better; Coach Franklin is doing things the right way, and that will eventually become part of the national story, also.

It's a great story, and a good article.

Unfortunately, part of the current reality is the overall negative public impression of PSU left from the scandal narrative; this is reflected in some of the comments to the article, most probably from people who haven't bothered to follow or understand the whole story. So be it; the football program seems as good as ever, if not better; Coach Franklin is doing things the right way, and that will eventually become part of the national story, also.
The kind of people who feel the need to "comment" on on-line news articles aren't the kind of people whose opinions are worth paying any attention to.

The kind of people who feel the need to "comment" on on-line news articles aren't the kind of people whose opinions are worth paying any attention to.

But unfortunately many other people that read those comments believe those comments and further spread "that" story.

Thanks to our BOT, this will never stop.

Reactions: 91Joe95
“I can’t tell you how many guys in that locker room are saying they aren’t leaving here without a national championship,” senior offensive lineman Andrew Nelson said.

Good Article.
Its one of the first times I've actually read a piece where there was mention of the discord in the locker room between
Franklin, Franklins Staff and New Players and the older players that were brought in under Joe and even Bill O.
I mean it was hinted at on this site but never a whole lot of details. I think you can start with a few OLineman, a TE and and a QB.
I admired Hack for staying and putting up with all that he did but I just never got the impression that he was a real "team" guy.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good Article.
Its one of the first times I've actually read a piece where there was mention of the discord in the locker room between
Franklin, Franklins Staff and New Players and the older players that were brought in under Joe and even Bill O.

I mean it was hinted at on this site but never a whole lot of details. I think you can start with a few OLineman, a TE and and a QB.
I admired Hack for staying and putting up with all that he did but I just never got the impression that he was a real "team" guy.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah - picked up on that too. Those 2014 & 2015 teams weren't really "teams." Kind of obvious even when watching the team from afar. It does make sense given that Franklin and O'Brien are fundamentally different guys in terms of their personality and style. The guys they each would have recruited would be different too.

To Franklin's credit, the 2016 bunch definitely WAS a team. It reminded me a lot of 2012 & 2013.

Overall, a nice article from Dana.

. I think you can start with a few OLineman, a TE and and a QB.

And Sickels.

But unfortunately many other people that read those comments believe those comments and further spread "that" story.

Outside of the Joebots the fans around the country don't care about the BOt and could not name any of them. Their opinions are based on Sandusky and the way JOE, Curly, Shultz and Spanier handled the situation.

These people that take the time to read articles, then comment on them, and spew this misinformed hatred (usually about Joe), always make me wonder. If you are so obsessed with telling everyone how evil we are after 5 years and spend all of this time reading articles on the subject, why don't you then take some time to actually learn the facts? It's not difficult, enough is out there by now to read up on.

The whole thing has always been so bizarre to me from the outside peoples' perspectives. If this same situation occurred at Oklahoma or USC, I really wouldn't have cared less about it. It didn't have to do with my school, so why would I spend my days bashing anyone and everyone who went there? The jealousy of Penn State winning the right way for 40 years built up so much animosity that I myself was surprised by it. I never realized it was that widespread until all of this happened.

These people that take the time to read articles, then comment on them, and spew this misinformed hatred (usually about Joe), always make me wonder. If you are so obsessed with telling everyone how evil we are after 5 years and spend all of this time reading articles on the subject, why don't you then take some time to actually learn the facts? It's not difficult, enough is out there by now to read up on.

The whole thing has always been so bizarre to me from the outside peoples' perspectives. If this same situation occurred at Oklahoma or USC, I really wouldn't have cared less about it. It didn't have to do with my school, so why would I spend my days bashing anyone and everyone who went there? The jealousy of Penn State winning the right way for 40 years built up so much animosity that I myself was surprised by it. I never realized it was that widespread until all of this happened.

Except it did not happen at the schools that doing it the wrong way and it did happen at PSU(doing it the right way). Doing it the right way goes out the window with Sandusky.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
In many ways the players on the team were victims of an overzealous NCAA and a vindictive highly political BOT.
Those that stayed missed the glory of post season play and some criticism from the uninformed.
Those that left were in many cases second class citizens at their new locations.

Outside of the Joebots the fans around the country don't care about the BOt and could not name any of them. Their opinions are based on Sandusky and the way JOE, Curly, Shultz and Spanier handled the situation.

So some local unknown prosecutor abuses his discretion and sends innocent people to jail and, in your world, it's OK because no one around the country can name the prosecutor? Do I have it about right? That's your standard of right and wrong? Got it.

Reactions: 91Joe95
So some local unknown prosecutor abuses his discretion and sends innocent people to jail and, in your world, it's OK because no one around the country can name the prosecutor? Do I have it about right? That's your standard of right and wrong? Got it.

You are making my point. Now you are blaming the prosecutor and not the BOT. You lose credibility when you are not consistent.

You are making my point. Now you are blaming the prosecutor and not the BOT. You lose credibility when you are not consistent.

Oh good grief. I wasn't talking about the Attorney General's office in the Sandusky case. I was making a point about how a bad actor doing bad things to real people isn't made any better by the mere fact that no one knows who the bad actor is, and I was using a fictitious district attorney to make my point. Your inane assertion that simply because no one knows who the PSU BOT members were means they did no harm is what I was taking aim at. And not surprisingly it went, wooooshhh, right over your head.

ADVERTISEMENT