ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Brackets and discussion

I think the Lewis draw and his weight cut on 2nd morning session is very valid issue. I actually think some of the uneven performances this year for some guys is weight issues. I think Ramos and Woods might have weight issues. The 2nd day AM session will be very telling for some that are cutting hard.
Note.
I'm not sure, but Salazar looks to me that he would have weight issues. Did anyone else take notice of his pronounced eyebrow structure? 🤔
It got Carr on day 1 two years ago.
Reactions: ccdiver

Watch Cody Chuttum at 14 here. It went to 2nd OT against #5 Ryder Downey and he was the aggressor. Seems like a big spread for a 2UTB match.
Saw Meyer Shapiro live once this year and he was terrific. The guy is a ball of fire, but, as his overall record attests, he makes mistakes. His tourney gas tank is a big question. Just the same, I’d expect him in the finals vs Levi.
Reactions: diggerpup

A work colleague in Little Rock (my company's HQ) says Nagao has no chance against Nasir and Crookham will sweat it, too. I begged to differ, but am now wary. Where the hell did LR come from?
Nasir is really good. That is a clear danger match for Nagao. Nagao can win if he puts it all together and wrestles his best, but from what I've seen so far this season, it would not surprise me for a second if Nasir does win.

Off Topic -- United Airlines Maintenance

Hey, good news, the FAA finally showed up. Don't you just love government beauracracy? They always show up after something goes wrong, never before. Sure, they signed off on the safety of the airplane, but you can't really expect them to verify it ahead of time.

Do they use Coke-a-Cola to loosen rusted nuts and bolts?
  • Haha
Reactions: 91Joe95

Mitchell Mesenbrink's Pace

While 2) is true - we're talking in comparison to other d1 wrestlers.

And for that group? it's 100% mental. Fear plays such a huge factor. Fear of being tired, fear of giving up points, fear of ending up in bad position - MM just truly doesn't care about it and is willing to exhaust himself and wrestle through that pain.
My post to vhsalum about the kitty was obviously tongue in cheek, but my point is that even mental discipline has its limits. However, that being said, I've read stories about people doing superhuman feats when they are in a heightened mental state. Some time ago, I read about a frantic parent DEADLIFTING an automobile off of their son after a jack had collapsed. (Try that, AJ)

On that note, here is a story about something that I witnessed personally that almost sounds like fantasy fiction from the martial arts movies. When I was young, I used to spend part of my summers at Camp Conrad Weiser which is a YMCA camp outside of Reading, PA. I'm betting some of the other guys posting here went there too. It was a great experience. Most of the camp counselors were college students that took the position for both the experience and as a summer job. In summer of 1964, one of the camp counselors was a student from Albright College named Hidy Ochiai. Any of you guys who are really into Japanese karate would recognize his name because he is quite well known on the East coast. Hidy was not a big guy - he was about the same size as Beau Bartlett.

One of the "activities" at the camp was working on improvement projects. One day, a couple of campers and a counselor were clearing out a path, and there was a huge buried boulder obstructing the way. The counselor and 3 guys were straining on a 6' digging bar to pry the boulder out of the ground, but it wouldn't budge. Hidy happened to come by and saw what everyone was trying to do and said, "Let me try." He squatted down and grabbed the boulder by one end and made this intense look like you would expect from someone like Bruce Lee. Then he exploded and ripped a huge rock out of the ground that four guys couldn't budge with a pry bar. After it came loose, he just rolled it off to the side and then dusted off his hands and smiled at everyone else who was standing there looking at him incredulously. I have no idea how he did that, but it sure makes me question where our physical limitations really end.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT