ADVERTISEMENT

Your WRESTLING team...

Penn State sports are funny. There are many Lehigh wrestling fans who are Penn State football season ticket holders, who detest Penn State wrestling.

There are also many Penn State wrestling fans who don't follow any other Penn State sports.

Penn State sports are funny. There are many Lehigh wrestling fans who are Penn State football season ticket holders, who detest Penn State wrestling.

There are also many Penn State wrestling fans who don't follow any other Penn State sports.

I was a Penn State football fan for a long time, then when the Big Ten network came out and was televising wrestling I jumped on their team as well.

Reactions: Sullivan

I know a LOT of PSU wrestling fans and I don;' know one that doesn't follow any other PSU teams. In fact, just the opposite as most are big fans of many/most PSU teams.

...And ONLY your wrestling team has finally won me over. I will continue to root for your utter destruction in all other sports. I finally had to admit to myself that I enjoy how your guys are constantly looking to score. Congrats on your 4 champs.
Cool! I forget which is your team, ev_. Would you remind me? (Also, may I ask if ev is for Electric Vehicle?)

I'm a PSU grad and a big PSU wrestling fan and I'm a casual observer of most/all other PSU sports, though I used to be a moderate Bball fan, moderate volleyball fan and huge PSU football fan. Mostly PSU wrestling these days.

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
To each their own, but knowing many wrestling fans, almost all cross over to lots of other Penn State sports. Generally, folks that like sports like many more than one. The first three that came to mind, again for the wrestling fans I know, are; Penn State football, women's volleyball, and men's ice hockey.

Reactions: nitlion6

Right this is the only Penn State sport I follow.

Reactions: ev_flores0331
I'm always happy to see other PSU teams do well, but wrestling is the only sport I obsess over. I almost always see every PSU football game (on TV), but will miss one occasionally without much remorse.

Reactions: BoHunter0210
...And ONLY your wrestling team has finally won me over. I will continue to root for your utter destruction in all other sports. I finally had to admit to myself that I enjoy how your guys are constantly looking to score. Congrats on your 4 champs.
Wow! Imagine my relief... :) I’m told that if I use a smiley face with my sarcasm, I won’t look like so much of a d!ck.

Being able to admit such things can be difficult, and shows an impressive degree of maturity.
Congratulations, and best wishes.

I went from following all the major sports (pro and college) as a kid to pretty much focusing my time and energy to PSU wrestling and our boys who go international after their college careers. I never missed Steeler, Penquin and Pirate games but not nearly nutty about those teams as I was just a few years ago. I like rooting for family oriented athletes that praise God and work hard in school and in their sport. To me, PSU wrestling is a perfect fit for what I am looking for and now gets the majority of my attention. Highschool wresting is a distant second on my list of priorities when it comes to sports. In the summer I use late model and sprint car racing to fill in the gaps when theres a bit of a lull in my favorite sport.

I will say that following PSU wrestling actually makes me less of a PSU crazed fan. I have lived out of state since 1994 , so I get my PSU wrestling (and all sports) fix from TV and message boards. Wrestling is the only sport in which I can tell you which athlete is a PA kid, and where I root for other PA colleges (as long as it doesn’t negatively impact PSU). I was actually rooting for the for Pitt kids this NCAA tournament. As a student back in the day, that would never have happened!

I became a penn state wrestling fan when my buddy talked me into going to watch Kolat wrestle at Wrech hall. I remember standing on top looking down when Kolat stuck his opponent The noise that reverberated through that place was unbelievable and I was hooked We Are. And iowa sucks
I very clearly remember that night. Kerry McCoy was another freshman making his Rec debut that night--I think he lost a close one, but showed flashes that would become MUCH more consistent up a weight the following year.

To each their own, but knowing many wrestling fans, almost all cross over to lots of other Penn State sports. Generally, folks that like sports like many more than one. The first three that came to mind, again for the wrestling fans I know, are; Penn State football, women's volleyball, and men's ice hockey.
Women's gymnastics also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT