ADVERTISEMENT

Young players #11, 33, 44 key to PSU defense improving?

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
That's Abdul Carter at LB, Dani Dennis-Sutton at DE, and Chop Robinson at DE.

All highly rated recruits who have shown well in early going; will their roles and playing time increase?

Some early thoughts:
  • All 3 are long and explosive
  • They are a little undersized -- DDS at 253#, Chop listed at 239#, and Carter at 233#
  • Very likely to get bigger and stronger in the next 1-2 years, but can they match up this season against BTN opponents -- Michigan, tOSU especially?
  • 33 and 44 are showing really good pass rush potential -- can they defend the run?
  • Can 11 become effective in covering short passes both toward the sideline and in the middle?
  • Is it important that they become starters, or just have increased playing time?
  • Do they have All-Conference, early round draft pick ability?
Next steps to take?

OLB undersized at 233? DE undersized at 253? ;)

They all will figure big in our plans, I agree.
Well, certainly not tiny, but they each look lean and have the frames to add weight and strength that can help them significantly.

Michigan's O-line goes 305#, 305#, 307#, 315#, and 311# -- size matters.

Well, certainly not tiny, but they each look lean and have the frames to add weight and strength that can help them significantly.

Agreed re 11 looking thin. Maybe it is his lack of shoulder pads? They seem especially small...or maybe I'm comparing him in my mind to Lavar...which is unfair.

Kid definitely has "it", is a massive presence and should earn at least more playing time if not a starting position by the end of the year. I forsee a lot of crossing patters which 43 and 39 will struggle to defend in our future..as early as this week.

Reactions: royboy

Didn't know that the guys you mention were O-line....are you implying edge rushers and olb should weigh 280 ??? Or may 285 ???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT