ADVERTISEMENT

Yo Willie - if you're lurking

I might be mixing events up here, but when the NCAAs were in Oklahoma City, Gilman didn't compete. Cory Clark was at 125. Color me confused about the Oklahoma City and rooting against Gilman reference.

As I stated previously on here and on HR, it wasn't a Gilman match. It happened in Oklahoma City not St Louis.

1. No, it wasn't the Gilman match in St Louis. This happened in Oklahoma City.

2. If your name by the video doesn't mean that it is your work then that one is on me. I just figured that you were being you again. If your boss made you post it like you say then that is 1 less thing for me to hate you for. Lol I can admit when I am wrong.

Anyway, I am done with this. You can hate or love the Hawks, that is your right as an American.

Can any of you read? I have never said that it was a Gilman match in St Louis when he lost to Moisey. To the contrary, I clearly stated it WASN'T a Gilman match.

Reactions: jtothemfp
it's way overblown, but there is a lot of bad hearsay floating around about Willie's alleged actions. No shock to me that people read and hear what they want it to be.

Jason, I understand what you are getting at. There is no hearsay going on here. I saw how Willie was acting from the front row, not too far away, when Iowa would lose in Oklahoma City. I get that he is a Pennsylvania boy and he was probably wanting Penn State to win, not Iowa, so I get it. He isn't fooling me one bit saying he likes Iowa. He can like, or not like, whomever he wants. I just don't like that he denies it.

Jason, I understand what you are getting at. There is no hearsay going on here. I saw how Willie was acting from the front row, not too far away, when Iowa would lose in Oklahoma City. I get that he is a Pennsylvania boy and he was probably wanting Penn State to win, not Iowa, so I get it. He isn't fooling me one bit saying he likes Iowa. He can like, or not like, whomever he wants. I just don't like that he denies it.

This is my last post on this subject. Someone asked previously what Willie was doing. I'll let Willie answer that. Or not.

Why weren't you watching the wrestling instead of giving two sh*ts what someone who you already believe is anti-Iowa is doing? I can watch ANYONE and say "They're anti-Iowa" and watch their reaction from afar and believe what I want to believe.

I've been called anti-Iowa by Hawkeye fans and I've been called pro-Iowa by non-Hawkeye fans for years. I honestly don't care who wins, I celebrate and cheer amazing wrestling. When I see a crazy finish or stupendous fall, I get a little out of sorts. I don't care what singlet you're wearing.

I think some of you are making this Willie thing to be more than it is. Get over it. Move on. Makes zero sense to rabble rouse about things you have zero control over.

I think some of you are making this Willie thing to be more than it is. Get over it. Move on. Makes zero sense to rabble rouse about things you have zero control over.

Ummm, have you met the Internet?

I'm always prepared to move along. Or to stay beating a dead horse, really. But now I'll always wonder: just how did Willie act in Oklahoma City?

Last edited:
This is my last post on this subject. Someone asked previously what Willie was doing. I'll let Willie answer that. Or not.
Let's see ...
1. You've accused Willie of acting anti-Iowa at nationals.
2. You've never said which match it was -- or even which weight or Iowa wrestler it was -- only that it was at OKC.
3. This is your last post on the subject.

This is awfully similar to the Urban Dictionary definition of crop dusting.

crop dusting
Passing gas in a stealth manor, usually while walking through a crowd or a group, so that someone else gets blamed for the stench, or at the very least people besides the assailant must suffer it.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
I've sat fairly close to Flo for the last few years on press row at the NCAA's. So I guess I'm in the boat where I'd like a specific example. I've got a pretty good memory when members of the media behave badly on press row. As the President of the National Wrestling Media Association, it's my task to take information from members of the media and if someone's out of line, let them know.

Over the years, I've also kept a watchful eye on large sections of the media table, so if you want someone to act on this type of alleged behavior, I'm all ears in terms of the scenario. The NWMA has a direct line to the NCAA, so if you want to finally explain what you're talking about so it might be taken seriously, rather than coming off as a grudge against someone from Flowrestling, might I suggest you fill me in.

I've been called "annoyingly professional" by some in the media because I have an old school mentality when it comes to decorum in press areas.

I've sat fairly close to Flo for the last few years on press row at the NCAA's. So I guess I'm in the boat where I'd like a specific example. I've got a pretty good memory when members of the media behave badly on press row. As the President of the National Wrestling Media Association, it's my task to take information from members of the media and if someone's out of line, let them know.

Over the years, I've also kept a watchful eye on large sections of the media table, so if you want someone to act on this type of alleged behavior, I'm all ears in terms of the scenario. The NWMA has a direct line to the NCAA, so if you want to finally explain what you're talking about so it might be taken seriously, rather than coming off as a grudge against someone from Flowrestling, might I suggest you fill me in.

I've been called "annoyingly professional" by some in the media because I have an old school mentality when it comes to decorum in press areas.[/

I am not trying to get Willie in trouble, that's not what this is about. I saw some things between him and some Penn State fans who were setting to my left directly behind Willie that I didn't think were professional. That being said, I can see where Willie, as a Pennsylvania kid, would be rooting for PSU and against Iowa. No harm no foul. I'll leave it at that.

I previously blamed him for the Askren video because his name was on it when it was posted. He explained that he was forced to post it by his boss and I accept that.

I'm not going to go into any of the rest of the stuff because I didn't see any of it with my own eyes and it is pointless.

Let me see if I get this. I've asked for a specific example, you don't provide one other than a cryptic "what I saw with my own eyes" ... don't ever reference which instance you're talking about and formulate further opinions on hearsay?

The way I see all this is you want Willie to be anti-Iowa because it makes the narrative of hating him that much easier and much easier to go along with the prevailing opinion on that particular board.

But who needs context ...

Let me see if I get this. I've asked for a specific example, you don't provide one other than a cryptic "what I saw with my own eyes" ... don't ever reference which instance you're talking about and formulate further opinions on hearsay?

The way I see all this is you want Willie to be anti-Iowa because it makes the narrative of hating him that much easier and much easier to go along with the prevailing opinion on that particular board.

But who needs context ...

1. When Perry beat Evans is one time I remember specifically. I don't understand what it matters though.

2. I really don't care how you see this. I have my own opinion and it doesn't need any input from anyone else or any message board. I know what I witnessed and if that isn't good enough for you I really don't care.

Wait ... so Willie was rooting AGAINST one of his own PA boys, one who he consistently wears a shirt of?

If you really knew anything about him or his personal stances, you would know how absurd and outright comical him rooting against Evans would be

Not buying it. No sale. Maybe now you've said the match in question, the Easton pariah can let you in on the scenario.

For the record, I thought Perry was decked and I distinctly recall jumping from my seat on press row when there was a no call

Reactions: SetonHallPirate
1. When Perry beat Evans is one time I remember specifically. I don't understand what it matters though.

2. I really don't care how you see this. I have my own opinion and it doesn't need any input from anyone else or any message board. I know what I witnessed and if that isn't good enough for you I really don't care.

Keep going to matches and watching other dudes in the crowd for their reaction, you must be fun.

OMG.

let me say that JB knows me about as well as anyone, and he knows i love (contrary to the feelings on BWI) Mike Evans.
I've had a really tight relationship with his family since before he graduated HS.

so outside of lying and/or maybe a horrible perception (of 'seeing me cheer' when perry beat evans)

you still have to be crazy to have ranted and raved all this time about me cheering against iowa wrestlers, being asked for an example, coming up with that one, and then saying "When Perry beat Evans is one time I remember specifically. I don't understand what it matters though."

you've lost any and all credibility in this matter.

Last edited:
It matters because few believed you, and citing an example would make it it simple to disprove. Which you have now done. Thanks for proving what most already knew: You make things up.

I very specifically remember talking with Nick and Willie right after and they were both adamant Evans was hosed.

I bet Jason texted smalls as fast as could to tell him about the Mike Evans comment. Well played fellas. You worked together well on that!

And FYI Jason, nobody owes you an explanation just because you are president/captain of the correction commitee. LMAO! You excite yourself by cruising around calling out and correcting people on forums. Just an observation I have made over the years following several forums. No big deal

P.S. I am I no way connected to anything said by wehatestatehawk :)

Jason was like the momma lioness doing the dirty work stalking, baiting and hunting til she got what she was after. All along Willie and CP were the little cubs hiding in the bush. As soon as the kill was over they came flying in to clean up the scraps.

Really good stuff fellas!

Mike Evans is not impressed.

Trust me Turk, there's nothing exciting about snuffing out misinformation.

would have never gotten this far if someone would have just manned up from the start.

If people weren't intentionally deceptive, I wouldn't have to entertain the prospect that someone had a bone to pick with a tall tale.

Nothing about this thread or any other hate threads are beneficial. falsehood exposed, time to move on.

Actually ... It went like this. First I accessed the secret military spy satellite that is in geosynchronous orbit over the midwest. Then I ID'd the postby the Twitter handle "WillieAtFlo" and get his approximate position. Then I repositioned the transmission dish on the remote truck to 17.32 degrees east, hit WESTAR-4 over the Atlantic, bounced the signal down into the Azores, up to COMSAT-6, beamed it back to SATCOM-3 Transponder #137 and down on the dish on the back of Christian Pyles' cellphone! It's almost too easy.

Wait ... so Willie was rooting AGAINST one of his own PA boys, one who he consistently wears a shirt of?

If you really knew anything about him or his personal stances, you would know how absurd and outright comical him rooting against Evans would be

Not buying it. No sale. Maybe now you've said the match in question, the Easton pariah can let you in on the scenario.

For the record, I thought Perry was decked and I distinctly recall jumping from my seat on press row when there was a no call

These were the exact replies I knew would happen. He did the same shit after Lofthouse and Moore lost also. Say what you want I know exactly who Willie is and I know what I saw from approx 60 to 75 feet. And just to be clear I have no idea if he was rooting against Evans during the match I saw him enjoying it with the PSU fans after it was over.

OMG.

let me say that JB knows me about as well as anyone, and he knows i love (contrary to the feelings on BWI) Mike Evans.
I've had a really tight relationship with his family since before he graduated HS.

so outside of lying and/or maybe a horrible perception (of 'seeing me cheer' when perry beat evans)

you still have to be mentally challenged to have ranted and raved all this time about me cheering against iowa wrestlers, being asked for an example, coming up with that one, and then saying "When Perry beat Evans is one time I remember specifically. I don't understand what it matters though."

you've lost any and all credibility.

You can say what you want Willie, I know what myself and the 2 guys with me saw. You were cheering and hooping with the PSU guys behind you on several occasions when Iowa guys would lose. I wasn't close enough to hear what was being said but I suppose they were cheering the losses and you were pro Iowa all the way.

Trust me Turk, there's nothing exciting about snuffing out misinformation.

would have never gotten this far if someone would have just manned up from the start.

If people weren't intentionally deceptive, I wouldn't have to entertain the prospect that someone had a bone to pick with a tall tale.

Nothing about this thread or any other hate threads are beneficial. falsehood exposed, time to move on.

Describe manned up Jason Bryant. I am more than willing to man up at any time. Calling me a liar on here is pretty easy.

Actually ... It went like this. First I accessed the secret military spy satellite that is in geosynchronous orbit over the midwest. Then I ID'd the postby the Twitter handle "WillieAtFlo" and get his approximate position. Then I repositioned the transmission dish on the remote truck to 17.32 degrees east, hit WESTAR-4 over the Atlantic, bounced the signal down into the Azores, up to COMSAT-6, beamed it back to SATCOM-3 Transponder #137 and down on the dish on the back of Christian Pyles' cellphone! It's almost too easy.
Hah! You've got nothing on the Buckeye Football fan Rapid Reaction Email Force. Say something less than complimentary about Woody, Urban, their geeky band, the Shoe, Brutus the Buckeye, Dotting the "I", the "Game", etc, and they instantaneously rain down attack emails like Hellfire! I think they have next generation technology.

Can we stop this lunacy now, so Willie can get back to the important work of steering Suriano to Penn State?

I'm fine with him steering Suriano to Penn State as long as Spencer Lee doesn't listen to him and joins the darkside.

Can we stop this lunacy now, so Willie can get back to the important work of steering Suriano to Penn State?

Exactly Jefe, can't wait much longer for a big commit, these threads are painful lately .

If we can get back to the important issues of this recruiting season, does the midwestern spy satellite pass over Pennsylvania?

ADVERTISEMENT