ADVERTISEMENT

Yo Willie - if you're lurking

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
I see you've posted some vids of Anthony Cassar at World Team camp. How is he looking in general (apart from the short clips that is)?

For context, one of the videos posted by Willie from the WT Camp is Cassar going against Kyle Snyer. You can view it at THIS LINK.

Willie also posted this article about his views at the camp. You can access it at THIS LINK. Chickenman, Willie ended the article with this sentence:

"Feel free to ask me anything regarding the OTC Camp via twitter @WillieAtFlo" Perhaps Willie will stumble upon your post, but you might also want to try tweeting a question to him to get the info you're seeking.

For context, one of the videos posted by Willie from the WT Camp is Cassar going against Kyle Snyer. You can view it at THIS LINK.

Willie also posted this article about his views at the camp. You can access it at THIS LINK. Chickenman, Willie ended the article with this sentence:

"Feel free to ask me anything regarding the OTC Camp via twitter @WillieAtFlo" Perhaps Willie will stumble upon your post, but you might also want to try tweeting a question to him to get the info you're seeking.
Not a Twitter guy for the same reason I don't do Fantasy Sports - i'd never get anything done ;)

Maybe one of our Twitter guys will be my proxy.

Thanks for the link and info Tom.

Well I hope Snyder looked more talented. He is our Sr World team representative. I liked how Anthony hung in there and scored a takedown at the end. Remember that Snyder has been a resident at the OTC and Cassar is making his first trip. I am sure it is a little over whelming for Cassar but he will grow leaps and bounds from the experience.

It might be my imagination but Snyder looked much bigger. And obviously more talented.
Snyder doesn't have to even think about making 197 for two years, if then, while AC does. I'd estimate making 96 in FS is probably equivalent to making 217 or so for NCAAs. You guys agree?

Not a Twitter guy for the same reason I don't do Fantasy Sports - i'd never get anything done ;)

Maybe one of our Twitter guys will be my proxy.

Thanks for the link and info Tom.

A casual fan but AC was giving KS his left leg and had what could only be described as marginal stance. He is taller and longer than KS but wasn't trying to shrink the target area. If the sequence was designed to help KS work on some things then it isn't a big deal. AC is certainly on a great run.

Haha. i really don't think THAT BAD about FT. but i owed him one for saying this -

Flying-Tiger

• Gold Member
  • Members
  • 6,562 posts
Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:48 AM

I thought you need FloPro to follow Willies' Twitter :)

On themat.com

I thought Cassar looked very good. But i also think he looks small. I thought he was small at Vegas and Madison, and then next to Snyder...they looked like two different weight classes.

Cassar has a sort of raw athleticism and a fun 'go for it' style. I think the future is bright for him. Tip of the cap to Cael and Co. for identifying him and coaching him up.

Haha. i really don't think THAT BAD about FT. but i owed him one for saying this -

Flying-Tiger

• Gold Member
  • Members
  • 6,562 posts
Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:48 AM

I thought you need FloPro to follow Willies' Twitter :)

On themat.com

I thought Cassar looked very good. But i also think he looks small. I thought he was small at Vegas and Madison, and then next to Snyder...they looked like two different weight classes.

Cassar has a sort of raw athleticism and a fun 'go for it' style. I think the future is bright for him. Tip of the cap to Cael and Co. for identifying him and coaching him up.
Thanks. Looks like you had fun out there. I'm sure I speak for others when I say I'm ready for some FRLs filled with recruiting talk. Your shows make my morning commute up MoPac and past Flo's old digs on 5th bearable.

Oh, and FT, I think you should pay heed before busting Willie's chops to the digital equivalent of the adage "don't argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel"

Reactions: lionlover
WEH8 - i don't hate you, i just know that your opinion of me is based on hearsay. but to each their own.

Chickenman - stop by the new HQ sometime. Eastside, brotha.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I figured Willie was having some fun with me. I can take it :mad:

Like the fact Flo combined the live events with the insider. First time I can remember where I didn't look at the schedule to decide whether to continue FloPro for another month.

Tomasello looks massive. He really does need to keep his arms from his sides, unlike Toney Ramos :cool:

I figured Willie was having some fun with me. I can take it :mad:

Like the fact Flo combined the live events with the insider. First time I can remember where I didn't look at the schedule to decide whether to continue FloPro for another month.

Tomasello looks massive. He really does need to keep his arms from his sides, unlike Toney Ramos :cool:
NT looks out of balance - his shoulders and back are so big he's almost hunchbacked

WEH8 - i don't hate you, i just know that your opinion of me is based on hearsay. but to each their own.

I was a Flo subscriber for a long time. I have watched the things you have said and all the anti Iowa things you have posted on Flo. The Askren video was nothing but an Iowa bashing from a loud mouth that should never have been posted. What did it accomplish? Yet, there is your name on it. For me, that was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak. The proof is there for all to see, if they choose to look.

Last edited:

I'd love to stop by. I saw your office profiled in the Austin Business Journal I believe - looks really cool. Great workspace, plus that neighborhood looks like it's taking off.

Maybe some day when you've got a lull (haha - like you guys have downtime, but it's not work if you love what you do).

You are at ground zero for Tex-Mex and Interior Mexican over there - how the hell did Bader stay disciplined to cut weight?

Take it easy and keep up the good work.

I was a Flo subscriber for a long time. I have watched the things you have said and all the anti Iowa things you have posted on Flo. The Askren video was nothing but an Iowa bashing from a loud mouth that should never have been posted. What did it accomplish? Yet, there is your name on it. For me, that was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak. The proof is there for all to see, if they choose to look.

all the things i have said?

i don't want to clog up the boards with this stuff, but i certainly would like to discuss it. my email is willie@flosports.tv if you're interested. if not, you can go on believing what you want.

all the things i have said?

i don't want to clog up the boards with this stuff, but i certainly would like to discuss it. my email is willie@flosports.tv if you're interested. if not, you can go on believing what you want.

I'll give you 2 examples.

1. Do you remember being in Oklahoma City for NCAA's? Tell us how you acted when an Iowa wrestler lost. Please remember, before you answer, I was in the first row watching you.

2. Why in the world would a guy in your position post the Ben Askren video bashing Iowa and its fans?

Willie it is really ok if you hate us, we hate you back.

as i said, i don't think this is the place for it. i seriously would like to talk about it in email. idk why. i guess the misconception intrigues me. so email me, if you could.

to your points

1. i don't know what you're referring to, but i assume you're talking about Gilman, because i was pretty out of my mind when that happened. i think the whole wrestling world was. if you think i don't like thomas gilman, you'd be very mistaken. i've always (back to hs) been a thomas gilman fan. and at JR Worlds in Croatia i was passing notes from his mother to him b/c she was in the states and they didn't have the ability to talk via cell phone. you might also realize that Zeke Moisey is from my area and i've been very close to him growing up. so yes, i was happy for him. but i wasn't 'cheering' a hawkeye loss. i was, like many others, surprised by what will be considered one of the biggest moments at NCAA's in recent memory.

2. What does it matter who posted it? I didn't write it. and you also straight up lied on the HR that i posted it when other guys at FLO didn't want to. The fact of the matter, not that it's your business, is that no one on my team wanted that video posted but I was ordered to. If you think i wanted that video up b/c i hate iowa, well, you'd be wrong.

2. Why in the world would a guy in your position post the Ben Askren video bashing Iowa and its fans?
I really don't get this from a fan's perspective.

If people don't want that video posted because they think Ben Askren, NCAA champ and US Olympian, beclowned himself and they'd rather keep his and/or the sport's reputation and dignity intact, fine, I get that.

However, if people don't want it posted because they think Askren beclowned himself at their school's expense, I don't get that. Chances are the intended target is plenty strong enough to withstand it. The roadsides are littered with the remains of those who beclowned themselves at my school's expense in recent years. In the long run, they hurt only themselves.

Freedom of speech also includes the right to public self-humiliation. The answer to bad speech isn't less speech -- it's better speech.

Reactions: jtothemfp
as i said, i don't think this is the place for it. i seriously would like to talk about it in email. idk why. i guess the misconception intrigues me. so email me, if you could.

to your points

1. i don't know what you're referring to, but i assume you're talking about Gilman, because i was pretty out of my mind when that happened. i think the whole wrestling world was. if you think i don't like thomas gilman, you'd be very mistaken. i've always (back to hs) been a thomas gilman fan. and at JR Worlds in Croatia i was passing notes from his mother to him b/c she was in the states and they didn't have the ability to talk via cell phone. you might also realize that Zeke Moisey is from my area and i've been very close to him growing up. so yes, i was happy for him. but i wasn't 'cheering' a hawkeye loss. i was, like many others, surprised by what will be considered one of the biggest moments at NCAA's in recent memory.

2. What does it matter who posted it? I didn't write it. and you also straight up lied on the HR that i posted it when other guys at FLO didn't want to. The fact of the matter, not that it's your business, is that no one on my team wanted that video posted but I was ordered to. If you think i wanted that video up b/c i hate iowa, well, you'd be wrong.

1. No, it wasn't the Gilman match in St Louis. This happened in Oklahoma City.

2. If your name by the video doesn't mean that it is your work then that one is on me. I just figured that you were being you again. If your boss made you post it like you say then that is 1 less thing for me to hate you for. Lol I can admit when I am wrong.

Anyway, I am done with this. You can hate or love the Hawks, that is your right as an American.

2. If your name by the video doesn't mean that it is your work then that one is on me. I just figured that you were being you again. If your boss made you post it like you say then that is 1 less thing for me to hate you for. Lol I can admit when I am wrong.

Anyway, I am done with this. You can hate or love the Hawks, that is your right as an American.
Only Communists and Southern Canadians (aka Minnesotans) hate the Hawks :D

for the umpteenth time, it has nothing to do with the program. im quite fond of it and its constituents. my problem is with the posters on HR that lie, post conjecture, and are utterly paranoid.

Reactions: papride1 and dnit
for the umpteenth time, it has nothing to do with the program. im quite fond of it and its constituents. my problem is with the posters on HR that lie, post conjecture, and are utterly paranoid.
Take away the lies, conjecture, and paranoia from message boards if you must (though I'm not sure what would remain). Just don't demand sobriety -- then you'll have a REAL revolt on your hands!

Since this *was* all brought over into our board, I've gotta say...I'm still kinda wondering which Hawkeye loss in OKC inspired the alleged reaction ("Tell us how you acted when an Iowa wrestler lost. Please remember, before you answer, I was in the first row watching you.")...

Clark (+3), Ramos (+2), Burak (+3) & Telford (+1) all outperformed their seeds, and we can say Jevva met his evenly. But between Grothus (-12), St. John (-3), Moore (-12), Evans (-4) & Lofthouse (-20), we have a lot of quality Hawk-loss guesses to choose from. May as well start with the biggest upsets--and even there we have two 5-seeds who went down to unseeded bros in R1:

1. 5-seed Moore got majored by Bloomsburg's Veltre 15-7. It has a PA connection, so maybe?
2. 5-seed Lofthouse also lost in R1, but it was to another PA connection in Edinboro's Vic Avery. At least it was a 5-2 decision.
- Both dudes won their next match--and Moore even won two, before Cornell's Palacio ended his tourney. Lofthouse got bumped after one win--and by another Pennsylvania team wrestler (I know!) in Penn's Lawrence Thomas).

3. Pretty much all wrestling fans acknowledge Evans got screwed when he had Perry stacked up in the semis, so when he whimpered out of the tourney from there by going 0-3 to finish, reasonable fans most likely felt melancholy more than joy.

4. Maybe it was returning champ St. John nearly getting majored by 7-seed freshman Realbuto in the quarters? His only other loss was an exciting 14-9 decision loss to Kent State's Ian Miller.

5. Grothus' b2b tourney-ending losses were by major to Maple & by decision to Wiscy's Lubeck, so those are both pretty meh to go celebrating about.

6. And Jevva lost in R1 to Michigan & R16 to Minny, so not much to react to there.

After having #analyzed the critical data, I'm gonna go with Lofthouse losing to Avery. It's really close with Moore's R1 loss, but Moore's happened first, and perhaps could have been overcome in the team race if Iowa tore ish up from there. When Lofthouse so quickly joined him in the consis, it was pretty much a coffin nail for Iowa's team hopes at the time, so this situation is my guess for the impetus that might cause someone accused of being anti-hawk to 'act' when 'an Iowa wrestler lost.'

Standard message board disclaimers apply here. You know, the 'I'm not alleging anything myself personally' just 'tryin to breakdown sumpin on the innernets.' One other asterisk I'll remind: this squabble was brought into our living room, like we're Zed & willie & westh8k are Marcellus & Butch. I'll stop with that analogy before Zed commands to bring out the gimp.

double-secret-probation.jpg

Reactions: LHavenlion
I might be mixing events up here, but when the NCAAs were in Oklahoma City, Gilman didn't compete. Cory Clark was at 125. Color me confused about the Oklahoma City and rooting against Gilman reference.

Last edited:
I might be mixing events up here, but when the NCAAs were in Oklahoma City, Gilman didn't compete. Cory Clark was at 125. Color me confused about the Oklahoma City and and rooting against Gilman reference.
JB with the nail in the coffin!!

Have to admit I'm a bit ashamed I didn't pick it up.

Last edited:
I might be mixing events up here, but when the NCAAs were in Oklahoma City, Gilman didn't compete. Cory Clark was at 125. Color me confused about the Oklahoma City and rooting against Gilman reference.

First of all, in my opinion the whole Willie vs Iowa thing is way overblown. With that being said, unless I missed something WEH8STATEHAWK didn't say anything about it being Gilman. Smalls asked if he was referring to it being Gilman and he replied back that it was not Gilman.

Reactions: jtothemfp
it's way overblown, but there is a lot of bad hearsay floating around about Willie's alleged actions. No shock to me that people read and hear what they want it to be.

it's way overblown, but there is a lot of bad hearsay floating around about Willie's alleged actions. No shock to me that people read and hear what they want it to be.
Man, you're better at grabbing floating hearsay than I am then. I navigated through all the misdirected guesses referencing 2015/STL, but I STILL haven't heard 'how he reacted' in 2014/OKC.

ADVERTISEMENT