ADVERTISEMENT

Would the real victim 2 please stand up

The filings might indicate whether he is referring to NOT being V2 or the account of towel snapping is NOT TRUE. Not sure which from this selection.

I'm putting a qualifier on this as I'm not going through the Sandusky filings and there could be other stuff in there to contradict this. BUT since this is a message board, if this is true, it is quite the bombshell.

John Yonchuk @No1Lion99 · 2h2 hours ago
#Sandusky PCRA p448 "V2" claims he never said he was 01 MM shower kid. #GameOver

Not sure I understand. Was this supposed to be a defense filing or no? If so, how does this help their case? On the other hand, why would his mother say what she said? Very odd.

Reactions: RussianEagle
Not sure I understand. Was this supposed to be a defense filing or no? If so, how does this help their case? On the other hand, why would his mother say what she said? Very odd.
I have no idea. That is why I decided to post it. Hopefully, someone or people going through the Appendices can shed some light on this. At very least may explain why he wasn't called as a witness during the trial. It may have an impact on his settlement and raise doubt on PSU's willingness to settle with claimants. On other hand, it could mean that he was abused in the shower and provides more support for McQueary. So much here that is left unexplained.

When "victim 2"wrote in the letters to editors and went to Amendola office to tell his story, he was 24 years old. I doubt his Mother had any input.

I'm putting a qualifier on this as I'm not going through the Sandusky filings and there could be other stuff in there to contradict this. BUT since this is a message board, if this is true, it is quite the bombshell.

John Yonchuk @No1Lion99 · 2h2 hours ago
#Sandusky PCRA p448 "V2" claims he never said he was 01 MM shower kid. #GameOver

Don't know what Yonchuk means here. Maybe he is in Ray's denial camp.

There is absolutely no question AM was the 2001 kid in the shower. He even says it right there in the above quoted paragraph.

I have read all the interview summaries with AM from Corricelli (remember, he was the only individual Shubin would allow AM to talk to, and he wasn't connected to the AG's office). Shubin and AM never denied that AM was the kid in the shower. Shubin just wanted AM to change his story to show some form of abuse so they could make some money.

Investigator Everhart specifically quotes AM in the 11-9-2011 interview: ["We were in the shower and Jerry and I were slapping towels at each other. I would slap the walls and would slide on the shower floor, which I am sure you could have heard from the wooden locker area. While we were engaged in fun as I described, I heard the sound of a wooden locker close, a sound I have heard before."]

Now if his mother DID give that above account of the events like AM claims on 3-16-2012, then it appears as if SHE was the one in the shower with Sandusky that night. Not AM. :)

Reactions: RussianEagle
Don't know what Yonchuk means here. Maybe he is in Ray's denial camp.

There is absolutely no question AM was the 2001 kid in the shower. He even says it right there in the above quoted paragraph.

I have read all the interview summaries with AM from Corricelli (remember, he was the only individual Shubin would allow AM to talk to, and he wasn't connected to the AG's office). Shubin and AM never denied that AM was the kid in the shower. Shubin just wanted AM to change his story to show some form of abuse so they could make some money.

Investigator Everhart specifically quotes AM in the 11-9-2011 interview: ["We were in the shower and Jerry and I were slapping towels at each other. I would slap the walls and would slide on the shower floor, which I am sure you could have heard from the wooden locker area. While we were engaged in fun as I described, I heard the sound of a wooden locker close, a sound I have heard before."]

Now if his mother DID give that above account of the events like AM claims on 3-16-2012, then it appears as if SHE was the one in the shower with Sandusky that night. Not AM. :)
Thanks. Figured you had read it. Are you planning on posting a summary?

Thanks. Figured you had read it. Are you planning on posting a summary?

Here's something close to a short summary I posted in another thread. There is so much more to this that I would be here all night if I tried to include every detail. I'm sure I left a lot of stuff out, but here are the Cliffs Notes.

Victim 2 is on the potential witness list if there is a Sandusky retrial. The situation with him and Shubin is beyond fascinating.

As you all know, Vic 2 was Sandusky's biggest supporter before Shubin gets hold of him sometime before December 13, 2011. Shubin then refuses to allow McGettigan or anyone from the AG's office to talk to AM before the 12/13/2011 Sandusky preliminary hearing (I'm assuming because he hasn't yet gotten AM to flip).

Shubin is then incredibly denied access to the 12/16/2011 Curley Schultz preliminary hearing (I assume in retaliation by the State for not allowing access to AM).

On 2/10/2012, after another Sandusky hearing, Shubin gets into a heated argument with Sassano about McGettigan, and Fina. He demands that AM NOW be interviewed as a "Victim". But ONLY if he (Shubin) is present. Apparently, Fina and McGettigan have told him to pound salt and that they would ONLY question AM by himself. Neither of them apparently want anything to do with Shubin. Shubin has now claimed that AM has admitted to having "both oral and anal sex" with Sandusky "over 100 times".

On 2/28/2012, Shubin was able to get an Inspector not associated with the AG's office (M.J. Corricelli) to sit down with him (Shubin) and AM. Shubin and AM had two more meetings with this Inspector on 3/8 and 3/16/2012. In the 3/8 meeting and the 3/16 meeting, according to the Inspector's memorandums, AM admitted to differing and confusing allegations of sexual contact with Sandusky (nothing close to what Shubin claimed he would say).

Of course, up to this point, Shubin had denied Fina, McGettigan, and Sassano access to AM. All of a sudden, he tells Sassano he will allow him to meet with AM and interview him on 4/3/12 as long as Corricelli comes with him. When Corricelli shows up at Shubin's office to drive them to Sassano's, AM is a no show. However Shubin has a 3 page statement Shubin claims is AM's statements of Sandusky's oral and anal sexual abuse. Sassano and Corricelli both strongly suspect the statement is actually written by Shubin, and Sassano decides to not even take a copy.

Shubin then hides AM away where no one can talk to him until after the trial. The next thing we hear from AM (after he and Shubin extort their 3 million dollars from Penn State) is from an investigator (Ken Cummings) who interviews AM, where AM stands by what he told Joe Amendola in November 2011. Basically, that Sandusky is innocent.

If this ever gets back to trial (highly unlikely), and Vic 2 takes the stand (I do think Lindsay and Sandusky will call him), my guess is the fireworks will fly. :)

Buffalo Lion,

Nice synopsis.

I know many here do not care for John Z, but he gave a similar recap to yours regarding Victim 2. Supposedly Shubin gets Victim 2 away from Amendeola and Victim 2 is telling Shubin that nothing happened, but Shubin keeps telling him that 'something happened to somebody somewhere' and why should Victim 2 **** up and miss out on the gravy train by testifying for Sandusky. He refuses to help Amendeola and after the trial Shubin has him belly up to the bar where the drunken sailor BOT is throwing around hush money.

The way this went down absolutely reinforces my belief that there was no way Sandusky received any type of a fair trial. Remember the incredible vitriol directed at Sandusky, PSU, Nambla, etc at the time. Someone as universally loved and respected as Franco Harris is fired from a couple of ceremonial posts by the little piss ant Pittsburgh mayor.

The jury pool had to have been aware of the anger as mob rule had emerged and simply incarcerating Sandusky was not enough, he should have been put to death.

First of all the jury got a one sided version of everything with the judge who certainly knew what the verdict needed to be ruled for the prosecution and against the defense on almost ever decision.

However, even if a juror was still a potential not guilty vote, he/she had to be aware that this would become public knowledge and they and their family would become targets and possibly experience physical harm. Simultaneous to this, I would think several jurors were also pushing the Shubin argument that while he may have not done this crime, CERTAINLY he has committed some crime somewhere. Eventually, doing the right thing was rejected for doing the politically correct and safe thing.

People believe this stuff doesn't happen, that folks don't get set up. That's pure bs. The incompetency of some investigators and police departments begs to differ. Just look at the railroading of the West Memphis Three. And still to this day the police admit no wrongdoing. Thus why I never trust people in power or government. Not saying JS is or isn't, just that the trial and investigation in only 7 months was not legit nor was it a fair representation for the accused.

Reactions: simons96
I personally think that given the climate in Central Pa at that time and everything swirling about in the media there was no way, NO WAY, that the jury was going to come back with anything but a guilty verdict. I'm not saying that that he isn't guilty, I'm saying that there was no chance that they were coming back with a not guilty verdict because how were those jury members going to go back to their neighborhoods, jobs, friends, and family and deal with people saying "How did you let that monster go?"

I think that is at least part of the reason that none of defense's strongest points ever had any traction, like the investigators on tape with the civil attorney, or the police lying, etc. I'm sure that the jury felt at least some real or imagined pressure of what it would be like if they voted to find him not guilty. Can you imagine having to explain yourself every time someone finds out you were on the jury that let a monster go? Just look at this board and what happens anytime someone even remotely suggests that JS is innocent. There are almost immediately a barrage of posts berating the poster that states that claim. They called a pedo enabler, a soapy supporter, or mentally deranged basically personally attacked.

So I think that the trial was let's hurry up and get this over with we all know he's guilty so get moving so we can put it behind us. From the media to the Gov, to the judge to every Psu student it was he's guilty put him in jail case closed. So now people say yeah maybe he didn't get a fair trial but we all know he's guilty so leave it alone.

Just some thoughts too early on a Saturday morning.

Reactions: PSU Paul
Here's something close to a short summary I posted in another thread. There is so much more to this that I would be here all night if I tried to include every detail. I'm sure I left a lot of stuff out, but here are the Cliffs Notes.

Victim 2 is on the potential witness list if there is a Sandusky retrial. The situation with him and Shubin is beyond fascinating.

As you all know, Vic 2 was Sandusky's biggest supporter before Shubin gets hold of him sometime before December 13, 2011. Shubin then refuses to allow McGettigan or anyone from the AG's office to talk to AM before the 12/13/2011 Sandusky preliminary hearing (I'm assuming because he hasn't yet gotten AM to flip).

Shubin is then incredibly denied access to the 12/16/2011 Curley Schultz preliminary hearing (I assume in retaliation by the State for not allowing access to AM).

On 2/10/2012, after another Sandusky hearing, Shubin gets into a heated argument with Sassano about McGettigan, and Fina. He demands that AM NOW be interviewed as a "Victim". But ONLY if he (Shubin) is present. Apparently, Fina and McGettigan have told him to pound salt and that they would ONLY question AM by himself. Neither of them apparently want anything to do with Shubin. Shubin has now claimed that AM has admitted to having "both oral and anal sex" with Sandusky "over 100 times".

On 2/28/2012, Shubin was able to get an Inspector not associated with the AG's office (M.J. Corricelli) to sit down with him (Shubin) and AM. Shubin and AM had two more meetings with this Inspector on 3/8 and 3/16/2012. In the 3/8 meeting and the 3/16 meeting, according to the Inspector's memorandums, AM admitted to differing and confusing allegations of sexual contact with Sandusky (nothing close to what Shubin claimed he would say).

Of course, up to this point, Shubin had denied Fina, McGettigan, and Sassano access to AM. All of a sudden, he tells Sassano he will allow him to meet with AM and interview him on 4/3/12 as long as Corricelli comes with him. When Corricelli shows up at Shubin's office to drive them to Sassano's, AM is a no show. However Shubin has a 3 page statement Shubin claims is AM's statements of Sandusky's oral and anal sexual abuse. Sassano and Corricelli both strongly suspect the statement is actually written by Shubin, and Sassano decides to not even take a copy.

Shubin then hides AM away where no one can talk to him until after the trial. The next thing we hear from AM (after he and Shubin extort their 3 million dollars from Penn State) is from an investigator (Ken Cummings) who interviews AM, where AM stands by what he told Joe Amendola in November 2011. Basically, that Sandusky is innocent.

If this ever gets back to trial (highly unlikely), and Vic 2 takes the stand (I do think Lindsay and Sandusky will call him), my guess is the fireworks will fly. :)

Buffalo Lion,

Wasn't it also reported that AM's mother also, at some point in time, had worked for Shubin? I thought I read that some where. I also believe that I had heard that AM was going to testify for the defense but then he had gotten a DUI and went to Shubin, because of his Mother's connection to him, and then when Shubin realized that he was Victim 2, he convinces him that the best way to make the DUI go away was to testify or to at least play this cat mouse game of testifying, to make the DUI go away.

I have heard maybe from JZ, that AM is supposedly depressed and has guilty feelings about not testifying for the defense. I could be mixing things up there. But isn't that what JZ claims his investigator found out? That he is conflicted about how everything went down with not testifying and getting a payout.

Have you heard any of this?

Reactions: mbahses
Buffalo Lion,

Wasn't it also reported that AM's mother also, at some point in time, had worked for Shubin? I thought I read that some where. I also believe that I had heard that AM was going to testify for the defense but then he had gotten a DUI and went to Shubin, because of his Mother's connection to him, and then when Shubin realized that he was Victim 2, he convinces him that the best way to make the DUI go away was to testify or to at least play this cat mouse game of testifying, to make the DUI go away.

I have heard maybe from JZ, that AM is supposedly depressed and has guilty feelings about not testifying for the defense. I could be mixing things up there. But isn't that what JZ claims his investigator found out? That he is conflicted about how everything went down with not testifying and getting a payout.

Your recollection of this is correct. However, I also think JZ implied that he probably would not flip due to the $$. So, the question is whom do you believe? JZ has been known to make some leaps, so I don't know. Certainly interesting, though.

Buffalo Lion,

I can tell you this. There is something very fishy about Shubin's involvement in this mess.

For some reason, AM was intentionally lying to Corricelli in his interviews. How much is up for debate, but the above posted paragraph alone proves he was lying about his mother giving Everhart and Amendola the account of him slapping the towels and sliding on the floors. That's something that could be discredited in about 1 minute if you brought Curt Everhart and/or Amendola to the witness stand under oath.

If you could see his diagram of the locker room, you would crack up. It looks like something drawn by a 3 year old. Either he was doing these things subliminally so that he wouldn't be called to testify, or Shubin had him do it to keep him from being destroyed on the witness stand (remember, the goal here was to make money, not be publically discredited under oath).

In AM's 11-9-2011 interview with Everhart and Amendola, AM knew details about the shower incident that weren't yet public. He knew the locker door had been slammed. He also knew about the wooden lockers which most people wouldn't have been aware of.

I don't have much time to go into detail, but AM was actually first interviewed by the police on September 20, 2011, just 17 days after being involved in a September 3, 2011 DUI rollover crash on SR 879 in Burnside Township in Centre County. You are right that it is reported he was represented by Shubin.

According to AM, in that interview, Ellis and Leiter pressured him to give up dirt on Sandusky, tried to twist his words, and got "angry" when he refused to say he was molested. It's obvious from their report that he denied any molestation.

It's a possibility that Shubin held the DUI over AM's head to get him to change his story, not only promising him a couple of million dollars, but getting rid of the DUI if he cooperated with the police. That's just one theory, but there could be many others.

Reactions: todd brewster
I can tell you this. There is something very fishy about Shubin's involvement in this mess.

For some reason, AM was intentionally lying to Corricelli in his interviews. How much is up for debate, but the above posted paragraph alone proves he was lying about his mother giving Everhart and Amendola the account of him slapping the towels and sliding on the floors. That's something that could be discredited in about 1 minute if you brought Curt Everhart and/or Amendola to the witness stand under oath.

If you could see his diagram of the locker room, you would crack up. It looks like something drawn by a 3 year old. Either he was doing these things subliminally so that he wouldn't be called to testify, or Shubin had him do it to keep him from being destroyed on the witness stand (remember, the goal here was to make money, not be publically discredited under oath).

In AM's 11-9-2011 interview with Everhart and Amendola, AM knew details about the shower incident that weren't yet public. He knew the locker door had been slammed. He also knew about the wooden lockers which most people wouldn't have been aware of.

I don't have much time to go into detail, but AM was actually first interviewed by the police on September 20, 2011, just 17 days after being involved in a September 3, 2011 DUI rollover crash on SR 879 in Burnside Township in Centre County. You are right that it is reported he was represented by Shubin.

According to AM, in that interview, Ellis and Leiter pressured him to give up dirt on Sandusky, tried to twist his words, and got "angry" when he refused to say he was molested. It's obvious from their report that he denied any molestation.

It's a possibility that Shubin held the DUI over AM's head to get him to change his story, not only promising him a couple of million dollars, but getting rid of the DUI if he cooperated with the police. That's just one theory, but there could be many others.

Money and the knowledge that there may have been real victims would be strong motivation to change his story. Even if he weren't molested, he may have been made to believe others were. He at least may have been convinced by Shubin or investigators that he was being groomed. And if that's the case, why miss out on the money?

In any case, this new info is bizarre. I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm still of the mind that JS is a pedophile, but I believe it's defintely possible that none of the victims at trial were real victims. It's quite possible that the reason it took the OAG so long to indict Jerry was that they were carefully selecting which victims to "use", knowing that real victims may lead back to TSM and/or expose the failures of DPW. So they picked the "victims" that sounded plausible enough to put Jerry where he needs to be (behind bars), but since they weren't actually molested, they would never lead back to TSM/DPW/BoT/commonwealth officials or whomever they were/still are trying to protect. Call it a middle ground between Ray's theory and JZ's theory. It would certainly explain why the investigation took so damn long.

Money and the knowledge that there may have been real victims would be strong motivation to change his story. Even if he weren't molested, he may have been made to believe others were. He at least may have been convinced by Shubin or investigators that he was being groomed. And if that's the case, why miss out on the money?

In any case, this new info is bizarre. I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm still of the mind that JS is a pedophile, but I believe it's defintely possible that none of the victims at trial were real victims. It's quite possible that the reason it took the OAG so long to indict Jerry was that they were carefully selecting which victims to "use", knowing that real victims may lead back to TSM and/or expose the failures of DPW. So they picked the "victims" that sounded plausible enough to put Jerry where he needs to be (behind bars), but since they weren't actually molested, they would never lead back to TSM/DPW/BoT/commonwealth officials or whomever they were/still are trying to protect. Call it a middle ground between Ray's theory and JZ's theory. It would certainly explain why the investigation took so damn long.

Agreed.

Well they did use V6 which did lead back to DPW and should have led to TSM. Although, I do recall that V6's mom had to press the OAG to be included in the charges as I think he was going to be left out.

Fact is that Jerry's towel slapping and horse play was legendary long before any of these other accusations became public. In 1995 while attending the Lancaster County sport banquet my wife and I were privy to banter about Jerry's 'horse play' and 'towel' slapping with everyone from players to coaches while in the shower of locker room. This conduct was part of Jerry's behavior while at coaches clinics and it was universal, without discretion at to a persons age. This came from coaches and recruiters at our table from Pitt, Virginia and one of the Carolina's (If I recall correctly).

In any event, it is easily foreseeable that any mother of any of the youngsters that Jerry came in contact with would relate a story like this mother did as to what happened.

Three things I know, otherwise: 1) Joe was always on Jerry's case for the horseplay. He displayed anger at Jerry and articulated that it was a danger and a liability to players and visitors (young and old) at camps. He also constantly reminded Jerry that player injuries could result from such stupid and immature behavior. 2) Jerry was a real asset to the program when kids that did not like the limelight were interested in the program. Very shy kids, like Maurice Daniels (Wonderful and thoughtful young man but extremely shy were often hosted by Jerry during visits to the University). I think in large part because of Jerry's association with the Second Mile. The guy was revered in most of the communities in the Universities sphere of influence for his Charitable contributions to troubled youth. and 3) Joe's protective and kind acts toward children and young families...his wanting to include them in a broad array experiences at the university make his knowing involvement with a cover up contrary to all the other combined acts I witnessed in his life. His considerate acts and thoughtfulness toward children that were ill or people of any age that were mentally handicapped number in the multiples of thousands.

These Shubin thing and the commingling and falsely attributing statements of fact to their originator at the GJ presentment coupled with the Second Mile psychologist insertion/intervention during the investigation in 1998 and the all over the map statements by the Fishers, Alan, his sister and his mother should make even the mentally dead awaken and wonder wtf in the way of justice happened in the insane Salem witch hunt atmosphere surrounding the GJ presentment being fueled by specific leaks to Sarah Ganim. Bizarre. Furthermore the NCAA void of leadership and no courage in sight from any administrative body anywhere....well, what happened is just incredible to me no matter what is fact..... there is just too much fiction and raw emotion with this case....way too much from way too many in such a short period of time for anyone to think any kind of reasonable discourse and weighing of the facts ever occurred .

Last edited:

Am I mistaken, but didn't the Prosecution state that Myers was not V2? If so and I am sure it is so, who at the prosecution said this?

ADVERTISEMENT