ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the greatest rockstar drug abuser of all time (incl. alcohol)?

Who is the greatest rockstar drug abuser of all time (incl. alcohol)?

• Jimi Hendrix

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Janis Joplin

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Keith Richards

Votes: 47 45.6%
  • Keith Moon

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Jerry Garcia

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Van Morrison

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
If you are in need of a dope fiend to rest your happy little heart upon a star well welcome to the place to be all that wish and all that you are:

The end of the rainbow is in your arm.

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

After dropping 200 plus hits of acid, Brian Jones was face up in a swimming pool thinking Christopher Robbins must know Whinnie the Po is a fake...

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

You know...Nikki Sixx should be on that list.

ro, have you read Motley Crüe's autobiography titled "The Dirt?" It's an amazing retelling of their careers with cameos from Ozzy, David Lee Roth and more.

Those guys have lived 9 lives and then some.

Wow. That got a pretty good response! I had thought of Elvis, but did not include him because I don't think of him as a rock star--more of a crooner, but the categories are fluid. I always liked the joke I heard Willie Nelson tell about Elvis' last words: "Corn?":)

There is an extremely good argument for Keith Richards simply because he did all that and did NOT die.

There's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes.......

I've seen the needle and the damage done.......

Plenty of great lyrics to go with the characters on this string.

I want to be sedated......

Wow. That got a pretty good response! I had thought of Elvis, but did not include him because I don't think of him as a rock star--more of a crooner, but the categories are fluid. I always liked the joke I heard Willie Nelson tell about Elvis' last words: "Corn?":)

There is an extremely good argument for Keith Richards simply because he did all that and did NOT die.
The argument for Brian Jones was that Keith Richards told him he was doing too much drugs.

You know...Nikki Sixx should be on that list.
Sixx is a fraud. His book "The Heroin Diaries" is a joke. Others have come out and questioned how he could be so "with it" to write a diary in such detail and be strung out to the extent he claimed. Of course, this is the same guy that in 1997 in a Guitar World interview said he was going to write a industrial rock album in 1989, however Bob Rock talked him out of it and instead wrote Dr Feelgood. He's more full of himself than Gene Simmons.

He is the greatest because he is STILL AROUND today doing it ! He has to be the greatest because the rest couldn't handle it.
The guy is a medical miracle. I'm sure he doesn't partake at the levels he used to, but he still always has a smoke in hand.

He wasn't necessarily a "rock star", but it's very very hard to top G.G. Allin when it comes to drug use.

My brother saw him once (Stone Pony maybe?) when a videographer friend of his was commissioned to film Allen's show. During the show he shoved the mic stand up his own behind. A sick individual.

Give me Al Jourgensen from Ministry

You can have him.

Donovan is right up there. Anyone who could write and remember the words to the song Atlantis had to be whacked out.

Weird seeing "greatest" and "drug abuser" in the same sentence. What is so great about that?

Weird seeing "greatest" and "drug abuser" in the same sentence. What is so great about that?

Great meaning large or immense. He used it in the pejorative sense...

Another vote for Johnny Thunders (Chinese Rocks, One Track Mind, etc...)
Probably should throw in Peter Laughner as well.

Didn't he shoot himself? He was a quitter. Suicides is a different category.
I watched Behind The Music on Motley Crue and didn't think that they would be beat for drug abuse, till I saw the episode on Megadeath

ADVERTISEMENT