ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the greatest rockstar drug abuser of all time (incl. alcohol)?

Who is the greatest rockstar drug abuser of all time (incl. alcohol)?

• Jimi Hendrix

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Janis Joplin

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Keith Richards

Votes: 47 45.6%
  • Keith Moon

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Jerry Garcia

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Van Morrison

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
I am sure I forgot a few. Please fill in the blanks as you see fit. Also supply anecdotes where necessary to support your answers.

Lemi from motorhead is legendary. It's been said that he goes through a bottle of Jack a day, but i'm not sure how any human could sustain that for long. Moon was the wildest on your list, but Richards gets a vote for consistency and longevity.

Van or Jim Morrison?? I choose Keith Richards as , I think, he's still alive!! (at least he was earlier today!)

I am sure I forgot a few. Please fill in the blanks as you see fit. Also supply anecdotes where necessary to support your answers.

Ozzy Ozborn..probably not a winner since he's still alive. jerry lee lewis and boy george may be in there somewhere too.

I had to go with Keef Richards, as he's been doing it for years and the old boy is still kickin'!

th

Last edited:
Are we voting for the Greatest rock star who was also a substance abuser or the one who abused the greatest amount of substances?

Hard to vote against Keith, all things considered.

Clapton, Bonham, Bon Scott say "Hello." Well, one of them does.

Then there was the drummer for Guns 'n Roses who got tossed from the band for abusing too many substances. That has to count for something.

What about the "toxic twins" from Aerosmith?

Honorable mention to Boy George was addicted to heroin and I believe two of his band mates in culture club died of overdoses. At least one of whom was in his presence at the time and the deceased's parents blamed and subsequently sued Boy George.

Keith Richards. The old joke - if there was a nuclear holocaust the only things that would be left alive would be cockroaches and Keith Richards.

Mötley Crüe is on the record that they would inject Jack Daniels into their arms in order to get drunk quicker than drinking it. Allegedly Vince Neil woke up one day jonesing for alcohol but he couldn't find any clean needles. Nikki Sixx was passed out in the corner with his heroin needle still stuck in his arm, which Neil pulled out and used for his shot of Jack.

Mötley Crüe is on the record that they would inject Jack Daniels into their arms in order to get drunk quicker than drinking it. Allegedly Vince Neil woke up one day jonesing for alcohol but he couldn't find any clean needles. Nikki Sixx was passed out in the corner with his heroin needle still stuck in his arm, which Neil pulled out and used for his shot of Jack.

You know...Nikki Sixx should be on that list.

Reactions: WestSideLion
for total daily drug volume and potency?? Would have to say Elvis, the man had an amazing capacity for consumption of legal, prescription meds. he would have three different envelopes of different sedative hypnotic every night prescribed by Dr Nick

He wasn't necessarily a "rock star", but it's very very hard to top G.G. Allin when it comes to drug use.

Keith.

Sidebar: I think I remember hearing Billy Joel drank rubbing alcohol because he was desperate for a buzz.

Are we voting for the Greatest rock star who was also a substance abuser or the one who abused the greatest amount of substances?

Hard to vote against Keith, all things considered.

Clapton, Bonham, Bon Scott say "Hello." Well, one of them does.

Then there was the drummer for Guns 'n Roses who got tossed from the band for abusing too many substances. That has to count for something.
Steven Adler?

How about Flea and John Frusciante from RHCP ? They should get an honorable mention.

ADVERTISEMENT