ADVERTISEMENT

What? Can't be!! Alabama reports itself for 13 NCAA violations?

Minor violations.

This minor stuff happens at every university each year. Now, some seem to be repeat offenders/ worse than the average but I honestly don't know where Bama lands with regard to everyone else. The NCAA rule book is so ridiculous that every team occasionally commits secondary violations.

Like u would ever hear it coming from Alabama or the NCAA unless they knew they were being investigated.
Because 99% of the time no one publicizes it. Typically it is only reported when the media snoops and requests information. Penn State reports them all the time.

No big deal. This happens all the time. I would rather see Bama be successful than Ohio State, honestly. Alabama fans I meet down south are always respectful of Penn State and joe Paterno

Reactions: Howie'81
routine. minor violations are not a big deal and reporting them shows you have a working compliance operation.

routine. minor violations are not a big deal and reporting them shows you have a working compliance operation.
Right and it's not like Alabama ever was sanctioned for rules violations in the past. You know the old saying about the SEC: if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Horrible horrible Alabama. Their players were legally (based on NCAA rules) given free movie passes, and then went in social media and said whether they like the movie or not- which was a violation.

No wonder they won those National Championships. How can other schools compete with these programs when the Bamas and Ohio States have such a competitive advantage.

Sarcasm aside, what is the point of the OP and posters who engage in the echo chamber to exaggerate issues and villainize others to make you feel better about yourselves. I'm sure you guys hate it when other fan bases do that to PSU.

Nut avoids the question, how often did Paterno and Penn State have to report violations?

This is the new game. Self report minor violations that mean nothing and get a slap on the wrist to keep away the NCAA for the huge violations you are committing. It was like in the movie The Great Escape about escaping out of the German POW camp. THey were planning a huge escape of hundreds of prisoners and one guy wanted to escape on his own. The decided to let him as when he got caught escaping, the Germans would think they knew what was going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT