ADVERTISEMENT

What are the possibilities causing the delays in the C/S/S trials?

Unfortunately Judge Hoover may not return as his condition and prognosis is not good. His cases are being transferred . One would assume the President Judge, Richard Lewis, will take these cases.
That's a shame. I have attorney friends who have interacted with him both in the courtroom and socially at bar events, and all have had positive things to say about him both as a judge and a man. Putting the ongoing PSU-related issues aside, I hope the prognosis ends up better than expected.

That's a shame. I have attorney friends who have interacted with him both in the courtroom and socially at bar events, and all have had positive things to say about him both as a judge and a man. Putting the ongoing PSU-related issues aside, I hope the prognosis ends up better than expected.

+1. Well said. Prayers for him and his family.

Reactions: Trey Suevos
Could it be that the delays are because when the trial becomes imminent one of the three may turn on the others? No need to do it now but when trial gets close one might turn.

Could it be that the delays are because when the trial becomes imminent one of the three may turn on the others? No need to do it now but when trial gets close one might turn.

The state has already offered Curley and Schultz (? Spanier too?) deals involving no jail time if they turn on the others and IIRC all have been adamant that they will not because it would not be the truth. If anything I'd think the state would want to push the trials if that were the case to turn up the heat and squeeze them. The unbelievably slow pace to this trial(s) has to be a Pennsylvania record and certainly raises a lot of questions.

The state has already offered Curley and Schultz (? Spanier too?) deals involving no jail time if they turn on the others and IIRC all have been adamant that they will not because it would not be the truth. If anything I'd think the state would want to push the trials if that were the case to turn up the heat and squeeze them. The unbelievably slow pace to this trial(s) has to be a Pennsylvania record and certainly raises a lot of questions.

26 months: Time from the Watergate break-in until Nixon's resignation
16 months: Time from the murder of Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman until the trial verdict was reached.
13 months: Time from the murder of Dave Schultz until the conviction of John duPont (net worth >$200 million)
13 months: Time from indictment to sentencing in the Martha Stewart trial (net worth >$300 million)
8 months: Time for the Nuremberg Trials (from VE day until the conclusion of the trials was only 27 months)
6 months: Time from indictment to sentencing in the Bernie Madoff trial (the last three months were only awaiting decision from the judge on sentencing)

42 months: Time from the indictments to date.......and still no trial date set
(Oh, and BTW, 42 months was the exact amount of time necessary for this nation to recover from the devastation of Pearl Harbor until achieving final victory on V-E Day)

Nope.....nothing to see hear.

Last edited:
26 months: Time from the Watergate break-in until Nixon's resignation
16 months: Time from the murder of Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman until the trial verdict was reached.
13 months: Time from the murder of Dave Schultz until the conviction of John duPont (net worth >$200 million)
13 months: Time from indictment to sentencing in the Martha Stewart trial (net worth >$300 million)
8 months: Time for the Nuremberg Trials (from VE day until the conclusion of the trials was only 27 months)
6 months: Time from indictment to sentencing in the Bernie Madoff trial (the last three months were only awaiting decision from the judge on sentencing)

42 months: Time from the indictments to date.......and still no trial date set

Nope.....nothing to see hear.

Certainly puts the unbelievable CSS trial delay in perspective.

with regards to comments on Curly and/or Shultz' health....(BTW, I have no idea if they are having issues or not).

Fortunately for them and their families, neither are having health issues.

So far they seem to be going pretty damn quietly. What would be their motivation to publish posthumously? To satisfy someone's craving for the "truth"?

Now you're acting like a fool. They are quiet because their counselors, who are hired to represent them for what they are charged by the OAG, have instructed them to not speak to the press, and to only discuss their cases with friends that they can trust.

As for why they would be motivated to publish their stories posthumously, I think with a little bit of effort you could come up with a few other reasons why they might want to do so.

I don't Jake has ever operated outside of someone else's pocket. But who's pocket? I'd always heard he was Al Lord's boy now that McCord has gone down in flames.

As far as Covey goes. It's bad enough to see a politician like Corman pander for votes, but a judge?

Well thanks for proving that you're either hard of hearing, or haven't a clue. Sen. Corman is not Al Lord's boy, by any stretch.

As for Judge Covey, I spoke with her twice during the campaign, and saw her one other time. I did not see or hear any pandering by her during her recent campaign. In fact, I'm pretty confident that she didn't do any pandering, even at events that I did not attend.

Why would they need to say a word? Isn't the Paterno lawsuit supposed to make all things right, clear the name of C/S/S, and doom the BOT to purgatory?

Still acting foolish, I see. Nobody on this board has claimed any of the things you stated with regards to the Paterno Family et al. lawsuit. If folks have claimed that elsewhere, then feel free to take it up with them at those locations.

Pretty much zero chance of that happening. As indicated by another responder, the AOG has tried to get one of the three to turn, but has had absolutely no success. Their attorneys represent them individually, but the 3 attorneys have been in frequent communication. Their attorneys, and C/S/S are quite confident that should any part of the charges make it to trial, that they'll be fully acquitted of them.

As for your question, no, it could not be. At this point, the delays are a combination of motions made by the defendant's lawyers, appeals on rulings on motions, and the trial judge being sick and having to go on leave. The OAG does not appear to be delaying the case in any way at this time, though I should point out that despite their claims to the opposite, there did not appear to be any urgency to move the case to trial before various motions were filed by the defense attorneys.

I'm serious. Or have I misinterpreted the comments that are in the majority here? It is my impression that discovery in the Paterno lawsuit was going to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this mess is all due to the actions of the BOT. That it would expose malfeasence on their part stretching both far and wide.

Given that, why would C/S/S need to lift a finger?

Now that's amusing. Kind of hard to misinterpret comments that never made the claims that you have detailed.

The Paterno Family et al. lawsuit has almost nothing to do with the C/S/S charges, and vice versa. The former is mostly focused on events that took place in 2011 and 2012, while the later is focused on events that took place in 2001. It's possible that items found in discovery for whichever ends first may be of assistance in the other. Beyond that, there is not likely to be a lot from one that resolves or assists the other.

Unfortunately Judge Hoover may not return as his condition and prognosis is not good. His cases are being transferred . One would assume the President Judge, Richard Lewis, will take these cases.

I don't know if Hoover was any bargain, as it looks like he should have thrown the case out when it became clear that the prosecutor lied in the Grand Jury presentment--that is, C/S/S did not downplay a report of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse to "horseplay." However, I certainly wish Hoover a recovery from his illness, and as quickly as possible.

Well thanks for proving that you're either hard of hearing, or haven't a clue. Sen. Corman is not Al Lord's boy, by any stretch..
Tom, he might not be. I'm only telling you what I'd heard. Never stated it as fact. Feel free to adjust my perspective on whose pocket he resides in.

Every politician lives in someone's pocket. Figuring out the address of that pocket is the trick.

As for Judge Covey...
Those that are being pandered to aren't supposed to realize it. That's the beauty of politics.

Richard Lewis is an intense judge.
27th+Annual+PaleyFest+Presents+Curb+Enthusiasm+cgvcw5RBSh1l.jpg

Reactions: Trey Suevos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT