ADVERTISEMENT

Warm up the Bat Signal...

Wilfong and Fitz both put in Crystal Ball picks for Colon today...

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 5m5 minutes ago

North Carolina DT Christian Colon (@INDYBOY_91) is committing tonight at 5pm. #PennState #UNC #Maryland #UCLA #Syracuse #Pitt

Offers from Notre Dame, South Carolina, UCLA, Maryland, Pitt, North Carolina, etc.
Interesting. I expect, given the fairly dire depth chart situation at DT, that the staff would be targeting 4 DT for this class - ideally one of them would be a "more mature" (prep or JuCo) guy.

With Dwumfour on the verbal list, and if Colon gives a verbal as well, I would expect the DT openings to be down to 2.....with one likely targeted for a JuCo.

WIth Dioubate seemingly a strong lean to PSU.....does that put the offer to the kid from Central Catholic in jeopardy? I assume the relatively short DT from down in Maryland may have already waited too long to pull the trigger (if he ever did indeed have a "commitable offer")

Maybe they could "re-allocate" Dwumfour or Dioubate to the strong side DE spot? Either one might have the athleticism for that spot.

I am sure that they would make a spot available to a kid like Gary from NJ.....he would be one of those Best Available Athlete guys.

This would be a great get, but most have him going to UNC. I'm not confident in this one at all. Never count our Franklin, though!

Interesting. I expect, given the fairly dire depth chart situation at DT, that the staff would be targeting 4 DT for this class - ideally one of them would be a "more mature" (prep or JuCo) guy.

With Dwumfour on the verbal list, and if Colon gives a verbal as well, I would expect the DT openings to be down to 2.....with one likely targeted for a JuCo.

WIth Dioubate seemingly a strong lean to PSU.....does that put the offer to the kid from Central Catholic in jeopardy? I assume the relatively short DT from down in Maryland may have already waited too long to pull the trigger (if he ever did indeed have a "commitable offer")

Maybe they could "re-allocate" Dwumfour or Dioubate to the strong side DE spot? Either one might have the athleticism for that spot.

I am sure that they would make a spot available to a kid like Gary from NJ.....he would be one of those Best Available Athlete guys.

Colon and Dioubate are definitely tier one recruits at DT. I dont think Wheeler would be if those two verbal.

Reactions: bmw199

North Carolina DT Christian Colon (@INDYBOY_91) is committing tonight at 5pm. #PennState #UNC #Maryland #UCLA #Syracuse #Pitt

Offers from Notre Dame, South Carolina, UCLA, Maryland, Pitt, North Carolina, etc.
Well, this could the first domino to fall as a result of the Dwomfour committment. Kids who follow recruiting and have a plan, and I believe Colon falls into this category, are aware of how many slots are available.

Well, this could the first domino to fall as a result of the Dwomfour committment. Kids who follow recruiting and have a plan, and I believe Colon falls into this category, are aware of how many slots are available.

Back in May, Mr Colon said he'd be announcing in Nov at a rivalry game for his high school. Something changed.

Would love to get Colon and Dioubate at DT. If we beat Michigan, and go 9-3 or 10-2 maybe we can get Gary too.

This is clearly interesting timing so something is up. I would be shocked if he moved his announcement way up for no reason. I suspect Franklin probably told the DT's it is first come first serve and once we hit X amount of commitments you are done(unless a guy like Gary wants to join late). Of course I'm basing my assumption on no factual basis other then a hunch. So we shall see in a few hours.

This is clearly interesting timing so something is up. I would be shocked if he moved his announcement way up for no reason. I suspect Franklin probably told the DT's it is first come first serve and once we hit X amount of commitments you are done(unless a guy like Gary wants to join late). Of course I'm basing my assumption on no factual basis other then a hunch. So we shall see in a few hours.

I think this is a valid thought. Whether it's Penn State or another school, if the athlete is really interested in a school and he is told the window is closing, he is likely to move up his announcement.

Let's do this!

200.gif

Haslett and Franklin......."Perfect Together"! Just wait till Gary announces he and his Mom have scheduled a visit to Happy Valley.......BOOM!

I still have him going UNC, but definitely not as confident as I was. He's a big boy, I'd be glad to be wrong on this one!

I am convinced Simmons efforts with Jordan will lead to a commit. I am actually pretty confident on that one.

I am convinced Simmons efforts with Jordan will lead to a commit. I am actually pretty confident on that one.
Oh, I think they can get Jordan......I am just not convinced they WANT Jordan. Not that Jordan isn't a legit prospect, but the numbers just may not allow it.

I still have him going UNC, but definitely not as confident as I was. He's a big boy, I'd be glad to be wrong on this one!

As info, Coach Larry "the Hat" Fedora and the UNC staff are trying their darnedest to convince football recruits that the football program will NOT receive additional or at least significant sanctions from the NCAA (UNC has until August 30 to respond to the Notice of Allegations; then the NCAA comes back with penalties, there is an appeal time, etc. and things would likely get sorted out in 1st quarter 2016 or thereabouts).

I think the football program does have some jeopardy, but they don't seem to be having the "chill" that the basketball program recruiting has suffered, where top prospects did not even visit the past year. Bottom line, the UNC football program is still attracting talent, but has some shadow with NCAA possible action.

Oh, I think they can get Jordan......I am just not convinced they WANT Jordan. Not that Jordan isn't a legit prospect, but the numbers just may not allow it.
It might come down to who commits first him or Wheeler. Jordan will be here 7/18 and in Blackburg on 7/25 decision could come anytime in there. Wheeler hasn't said when he'll announce.

Colon attends the PSU camp in Charlotte last week, skips his planned visit to UNC and immediately following our first DL commit he pushes up his announcement 5 months and you still think he's going to UNC? Not to mention all the recent analyst predictions are for Penn State?

I'm just wondering what happens now with Dioubate/Wheeler/Jordan.

Colon attends the PSU camp in Charlotte last week, skips his planned visit to UNC and immediately following our first DL commit he pushes up his announcement 5 months and you still think he's going to UNC? Not to mention all the recent analyst predictions are for Penn State?

I'm just wondering what happens now with Dioubate/Wheeler/Jordan.
I reserve the right to change my mind at 4:59. I've def seen his tweets trend more towards psu. There are still a few older ones that stick in my mind though about how great Carolina is.

I told you a few weeks ago in one of your recruit updates that it was 50/50 between PSU and UNC. You told me with certainty Colon was a UNC lock.

Maybe you'll learn to listen next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: psu ironman
I told you a few weeks ago in one of your recruit updates that it was 50/50 between PSU and UNC. You told me with certainty Colon was a UNC lock.

LOL. So much for the value of your "updates". I'll rely upon my own information.
Lol I think I state on every update that it's a snapshot in time. I can be wrong, not often but I can. And I'd always rather be wrong on the side of caution. They are just my opinions on what I read... Some people like them others don't.

Maybe you'll learn to listen next time.

Get over yourself. The updates have been good. Me and bmw do not always agree on things, but it has been a good resource.

Reactions: bmw199 and cjrugger
Get over yourself. The updates have been good. Me and bmw do not always agree on things, but it has been a good resource.

Agree he has some pretty good analysis even when its not always 100%. Its his opinion. Not fact. I think if Colon commits, surprised alot of people.

Colon and Dioubate are definitely tier one recruits at DT. I dont think Wheeler would be if those two verbal.

IfColon verbals to PSU tonight it may make it Decision time for Wheeler if he is serious about getting a spot in the PSU class,, c

Lol I think I state on every update that it's a snapshot in time. I can be wrong, not often but I can. And I'd always rather be wrong on the side of caution. They are just my opinions on what I read... Some people like them others don't.

Your updates r entertaining but keep ur day job,,,,,

As info, Coach Larry "the Hat" Fedora and the UNC staff are trying their darnedest to convince football recruits that the football program will NOT receive additional or at least significant sanctions from the NCAA (UNC has until August 30 to respond to the Notice of Allegations; then the NCAA comes back with penalties, there is an appeal time, etc. and things would likely get sorted out in 1st quarter 2016 or thereabouts).

I think the football program does have some jeopardy, but they don't seem to be having the "chill" that the basketball program recruiting has suffered, where top prospects did not even visit the past year. Bottom line, the UNC football program is still attracting talent, but has some shadow with NCAA possible action.

Not like UNC was a top 20
program to start with,,,,,

UNC will be under heavy NCAA sanctions including loss of scholarships and no bowl games. Think he will commit?????

Reactions: TheGLOV
We all know that crystal balls are not always accurate, however, more often than not, they have credibility in one way or another. With the exception of Karlo the Pitt shill, of course.

With that said, there have been 6 crystal balls in the last two hours, ALL of which are for Colon to PSU.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Would be nice to get and KEEP his commitment but I would not be hurt if he went elsewhere.

Then you are insane. This kid is the real deal, and exactly the kind of player we need in this class. If you are counting on Gary, you need your head checked. Gary is a glamour recruit and 95 percent of them don't come here. We go after, and get, OUR kids: That's how Penn State will return to the top tier of the game, and that's how Penn State GOT THERE in the first place. Colon is a Penn State kid.

Then you are insane. This kid is the real deal, and exactly the kind of player we need in this class. If you are counting on Gary, you need your head checked. Gary is a glamour recruit and 95 percent of them don't come here. We go after, and get, OUR kids: That's how Penn State will return to the top tier of the game, and that's how Penn State GOT THERE in the first place. Colon is a Penn State kid.

LaVar, IMO, is the last glamour kid/legend in his own mind kid that PSU got.

Reactions: Option Bob

Maybe next time you won't be dismissive of what other people are hearing. You are not the only source.

Your updates r entertaining but keep ur day job,,,,,
I plan to. The thing about life is no one remembers all times you were right, they only remember when you get it wrong. I am doubting my prediction more by the second. Ps as I've said I hope he picks us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT