ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEOS / NOTES: Penn State vs. West Virginia - Tuesday media availability

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
The media is set to talk to Olu Fashanu, Kalen King, and James Franklin today.

Olu is up first at 11:00 a.m., followed by James Franklin at 12:30 p.m., and Kalen King at 1:30 p.m. Stay tuned for updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olu on Caedan Wallace...

"Caden had a great presason. I mean you, you can tell by the way that he has been competing and working in this camp. You know, clearly, he's put in a lot of work this offseason, and it showed a lot during preseason."

Olu on Singleton and Allen...

"They're amazing. Through a full complete offseason with the program, seeing the training staff, both of them, alongside all of our running backs are bigger, faster, and stronger. So I mean, that as a running back can only be a good thing."

Reactions: Online Persona
Olu says Drew Shelton has taken the positive momentum he had from playing a lot late last season into the offseason and fall camp. "We're extremely proud of the way he's been competing."

On what made him want to return to Penn State...

"It was a combination of both (football and education), you know, with Penn State and how great it's been since I came here in June of 2020. It's been a great three and a half years so far and obviously this semester, I have the opportunity to graduate and then combining that with, you know, another opportunity to just go out and compete with my brothers, makes that decision to come back a lot easier.""

Fashanu on freshman OL J'Ven Williams...

"I thought he's had a great camp, and now he was able to get the opportunity to get a lot of reps and I think that's really important for a freshman. So you know, for his development, just getting those reps against other college football players, you know, with him being less than a year removed out of high school. So I think that has been great for his development."

Franklin on Mike Yurcich moving to the booth...

"There's no better place to call a game from than the booth." Says Danny O'Brien being aligned with Yurcich is a big reason for it.

Franklin has a ton of respect and is proud of sophomore CB Cam Miller. Thinks he'll be a starter on four special teams unit and will play quite a bit on defense. The Nittany Lions' coaching staff has discussed adding him to their leadership counsel.

Reactions: aworsnup
Franklin calls Saturday's "helmet stripe" game, a "sneaky white out."

"This will be a really good example on week one why college football is so special."

Reactions: Obliviax
Franklin does note that most of the depth chart at this point ahead of this weekend's season opener is set. Just "doesn't see the value" in disclosing that information.

Reactions: Online Persona
Going back to Cam Miller...

source.gif

Reactions: aworsnup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT