ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball VIDEO: Penn State Basketball HC Mike Rhoades talks summer workouts

I really like this guy and his vision for the program. I believe he will build a solid program. OOC might have some rough nights on the court but I think the team will come together in the B1G season and will play 500 ball or slightly better in the B1G.
Yes, I agree. If you remember my son being a UD grad (UD and VCU had tough, physical battles in the A10 during Rhoades' tenure at VCU) then you'll understand why I am enthused about Coach Rhoades ability to build on what PSU basketball was able to accomplish recently. He is a very smart BB mind and is a coach that seems to relate well to his players, getting them to buy in to what it takes for the team to win. Has PSU ever had a coach that coaches defense like Rhoades teams exhibit? I don't believe so. Should be fun to see his teams improve, and I believe the exciting brand of BB that he will bring will get the student body rev'd up as well.

And the bonus for me will be that UD won't have to play against his teams in the A10..........;)

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. If you remember my son being a UD grad then you'll understand why I am enthused about Coach Rhoades ability to build on what PSU basketball was able to accomplish recently. He is a very smart BB mind and is a coach that seems to relate well to his players, getting them to buy in to what it takes for the team to win. Has PSU ever had a coach that coaches defense like Rhoades teams exhibit? I don't believe so. Should be fun to see his teams improve, and I believe the exciting brand of BB that he will bring will get the student body rev'd up as well.

And the bonus for me will be that UD won't have to play against his teams in the A10..........;)
The closest would have been Chambers. Pat was a strong defensive coach, but in most years didn't have the talent to do it. I think Rhoades has put together a group of kids that can play his type of defense, and with the size we have it could be very interesting this year.

Reactions: GregInPitt
I really like this guy and his vision for the program. I believe he will build a solid program. OOC might have some rough nights on the court but I think the team will come together in the B1G season and will play 500 ball or slightly better in the B1G.
I like the fact that he knows what he wants, what to look for in the players he is recruiting, and has a high BB IQ.

Reactions: RickinDayton
The closest would have been Chambers. Pat was a strong defensive coach, but in most years didn't have the talent to do it. I think Rhoades has put together a group of kids that can play his type of defense, and with the size we have it could be very interesting this year.
Yep, with Rhoades' priority of defense I believe we will see him place a higher value on recuiting players with the pure athleticism it takes to play the defense he wants to play more so than what PSU BB fans have seen for the majority of the past......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT