ADVERTISEMENT

UVA 174 Blaise Butler transfers to Missouri

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
Entered nationals as the #5 seed, finished one win short of the podium last year. Should make it there this year. Has graduated from Virginia. Very good pickup for Brian Smith.

2nd big transfer pick-up for Mizzou.

Grant Leeth announced a day ago (I think) that he was transferring from Duke to Mizzou. He was a 3X state champ in Missouri, and redshirted last year at Duke. It appears that he is slotted to be Mizzou's 149 lber next season.

You can read what Flo wrote about Leeth's transfer at THIS LINK.

Brian Smith is running a quality program.

Looking like the line-up is....
125- McGhee
133- Synon
141- Mayes (believe he said he's staying at 41)
149- Grant Leeth
157- Joey Lavallee
165- Daniel Lewis (big fan of this kid, will surprise some folks)
174- Blaise Butler
184- Miklus
197- Cox (don't think he moves up)
HWT- ??? Wood Mancuso is the only listed HVY on the roster. I could see something like Miklus and Cox moving up and putting Dylan Wisman in the lineup. I think there's a rumor that Pixley might be coming in too, so they could bump up and put him at 84/97 to make the team stronger there as well.

Solid squad there

Well, both Butler & Eblen scored 4 team points in STL. Difference is, Butler retained his, while Eblen's DQ got his 4pts revoked.

2015 was their year. And Iowa's! And neither did what it would have taken to get that title.

165- Daniel Lewis (big fan of this kid, will surprise some folks)

So many people have talked about him "surprising people" I officially think he will not be a surprise to anyone unless he is just a fringe top 20 guy.

Well, both Butler & Eblen scored 4 team points in STL. Difference is, Butler retained his, while Eblen's DQ got his 4pts revoked.
But he's going to really benefit from the Big Ten guys graduating. Crazy that the top returning AA at this weight is Kyle Crutchmer.. :eek:

But he's going to really benefit from the Big Ten guys graduating. Crazy that the top returning AA at this weight is Kyle Crutchmer.. :eek:

I know, right? 174's lookin like 141 with these dirty Cowboys as the de facto preseason headliners (cough, Dean Heil, cough ;) We'll have to wait til the Scuffle for Gulibon & Nickal to put them back in their proper places.

And get yourself an avatar, sir! It's unbecoming for a poster of your stature & knowledge of double-quote technologies to be so.... naked in the avi department.

And get yourself an avatar, sir! It's unbecoming for a poster of your stature & knowledge of double-quote technologies to be so.... naked in the avi department.

I made the foolish mistake thinking setting an avatar on the HR would be my avatar throughout all boards on Rivals. This has been corrected.

Reactions: jtothemfp
ADVERTISEMENT