ADVERTISEMENT

US Open Finals

amalone

Oct 12, 2005
Tony Ramos with a late exposure of Andrew Hochstrasser with :04 seconds left wins the title for Tony. Awesome guts and he kept coming to get the deciding pts. Awesome win for Tony.

Jake Varner in a pushing match... loses... 2-1 to Kyle Snyder. If you don't shoot... even as an Olympic champ... you will not win.

David Taylor beats Andrew Howe 2-0 on an early takedown.
DT 2-0. Nice ankle pick (Surprise! Surprise!;)) in the first period. Not much action otherwise and then a crazy scramble at the end where there could have been points either way, but neither wrestler could capitalize.

Reece Humphrey over Kendric Maple 7-6

Jake Herbert over Keith Gavin 4-2

Brent Metcalf over Jordan Oliver 2-1

Last edited:
Nick Marable over Kendric Maple 7-6

Jake Herbert over Keith Gavin 4-2

Brent Metcalf over Jordan Oliver 2-1

Actually, it was;
Humphrey over Maple 7-6
Marable over Schlatter 4-2
Herbert over Gavin 5-2
Diagnov over Rey 3-1

I believe the other classes were noted already.

Actually, it was;
Humphrey over Maple 7-6
Marable over Schlatter 4-2
Herbert over Gavin 5-2
Diagnov over Rey 3-1

I believe the other classes were noted already.

Thanks Roar. Was going on sheer memory and it didn't serve me well. Reece Humphrey and Kendric Maple put on the best final. Even the DT & Andrew Howe match was a walk around the mat fest. Jordan Burroughs wouldn't have allowed that.

Not shocked by the Kyle Snyder win. Jake relied on the same strategy to beat JD Bergman in that match. In the Olympics, Jake was the aggressor early and could coast at the end. Not shooting doesn't earn pts. Snyder sat on the mat for several seconds after the match resonating that he had just beat an Olympic champ. Should not have happened. No misdirection ankle picks from Jake.. no super duck attempts. No shots all all taken. FS is a standing discipline. Wonder how he expected to win?

ADVERTISEMENT