ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter abuzz that we are worse

bmw199

Apr 10, 2013
lots of rumors Sanders will decommit to play in front of a bunch of empty yellow seats. I don't buy it, either way we NEED TO WIN GAMES this year.

OSU has 3 of the top 5 rbs committed for next year, Meyer is a good salesman but not as good as the rings on his fingers are.

consider the sources before you get your panties in a bunch.
It is pitt fanboys and that is it.

Reactions: royboy
consider the sources before you get your panties in a bunch.
It is pitt fanboys and that is it.

My panties are bunch less. Just sharing info. That's why I said "I don't buy it". Please learn to read.

Dude, have some self-respect. They just did this last week, as well. They are at this very moment laughing at you, and all that you hold dear.

Dude, have some self-respect. They just did this last week, as well. They are at this very moment laughing at you, and all that you hold dear.

I think my point is being lost. The fact these rumors are even out there for our commits and not Ohio States shows the value of winning. And while I don't think he'll do it he was there Saturday night watching the fight with Hamlin and their staff. And Narducci was tweeting about him the other day on his birthday. Forgive me board for passing along interesting recruiting news.

Reactions: marinomd
I think my point is being lost. The fact these rumors are even out there for our commits and not Ohio States shows the value of winning. And while I don't think he'll do it he was there Saturday night watching the fight with Hamlin and their staff. And Narducci was tweeting about him the other day on his birthday. Forgive me board for passing along interesting recruiting news.

He was not at Pitt watching the fight. Bad info.

Winning is obviously important, but if PSU struggles next year, why would he go to pitt? If winning is most important to him, there are better programs than pitt. There are better programs than pitt for a lot of reasons.

Winning is obviously important, but if PSU struggles next year, why would he go to pitt? If winning is most important to him, there are better programs than pitt. There are better programs than pitt for a lot of reasons.
He would possibly go to Pitt because of it's high level of success with RB's. Over the past 15 or so years, pretty much every starting RB for Pitt has played in the NFL.

Currently their lightly recruit RB James Conner is coming off a Sophomore year in which he was ACC POY and an All American.

Reactions: OzonePitt
He may not care that Pitt has trouble putting people in the seats. He can play near his house with less competition for playing time.

If true, maybe he was impressed with the 5,000 people who showed up at the Pitt spring scrimmage at a field where they play women's semi-pro football. With that kind of awesome support anyone would give them another look.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
He was not at Pitt watching the fight. Bad info.

You're right it was Ford that confirmed. Someone else did post a tweet saying miles was there too but no one confirmed. Friedman just posted and confirmed he's still committed to psu, which again I said I didn't buy him flipping.

lots of rumors Sanders will decommit to play in front of a bunch of empty yellow seats. I don't buy it, either way we NEED TO WIN GAMES this year.

OSU has 3 of the top 5 rbs committed for next year, Meyer is a good salesman but not as good as the rings on his fingers are.
Or maybe Pitt does better with running backs going on to be successful on the NFL. PSU is a great program but as far as NFL players go.....well....Pitt is it. We currently have Revis and McCoy and Fitzgerald to name a few.

He may not care that Pitt has trouble putting people in the seats. He can play near his house with less competition for playing time.
Butts in seats doesn't translate into dollars in pockets or RB to the pros. Play in front of 107000 fans in college then flop in the NFL or....play in front of half and make millions and be a success in the NFL. #PittisforRB

Stop confusing people with facts!

To be fair, Pitt has their share of NFL alumni and, in fact, has some pretty prominent players right now. But there's no real reason to think that a recruit going to Pitt would be more likely to go to the NFL than going to PSU. If anything, the greater media coverage and bigger name for PSU might marginally help a player get to the NFL compared to Pitt (but, realistically, NFL teams will find the talent regardless of the school).

Stop confusing people with facts!

To be fair, Pitt has their share of NFL alumni and, in fact, has some pretty prominent players right now. But there's no real reason to think that a recruit going to Pitt would be more likely to go to the NFL than going to PSU. If anything, the greater media coverage and bigger name for PSU might marginally help a player get to the NFL compared to Pitt (but, realistically, NFL teams will find the talent regardless of the school).
I agree, and 25 is a good number. It's just not better than us, which is what the Pitt guy said. I also agree that the NFL finds players regardless of school.

Mike White and Adam Friedman confirmed that Miles Sanders is still committed to PSU.

Pitters Karla Zovko and Chris Dokish have been trying to invent bogus rumors about PSU commits for a while now. No need to spread their BS. That's their goal.

Also, Penn State has the second-most all-time rushing yards in the NFL behind USC.

Butts in seats doesn't translate into dollars in pockets or RB to the pros. Play in front of 107000 fans in college then flop in the NFL or....play in front of half and make millions and be a success in the NFL. #PittisforRB
half? only on the road.

I agree with the need to win some games this year to help recruiting - I believe we win 10 :) Mostly because of the teams we face. I believe 4 of the Big 10 teams we face will have first year QBs, good news for us. I think it's Rutgers, NW, Indiana and Maryland.

He would possibly go to Pitt because of it's high level of success with RB's. Over the past 15 or so years, pretty much every starting RB for Pitt has played in the NFL.

Currently their lightly recruit RB James Conner is coming off a Sophomore year in which he was ACC POY and an All American.
More likely if he does not want to compete with ANYONE for a spot then PITT is a great choice. Its all in the numbers :) Probably why so many top RBs chose OSU - they expect to compete !!! NO FEAR.

I would be more concerned if Pitt landed Hudson and Sanders which is far from a sure thing for Pitt. They are likely to lose 6-7 games again like they do every year.

Or maybe Pitt does better with running backs going on to be successful on the NFL. PSU is a great program but as far as NFL players go.....well....Pitt is it. We currently have Revis and McCoy and Fitzgerald to name a few.

Are you actually under the belief that there is some magic force at Pitt that makes players into NFL superstars? It's only relevant to list past success at a particular position as a predictor of future success when you're talking about the same or similar coaches in the program. PSU could tout it's moniker as Linebacker U as a way to predict future success for a LBer because for years it was the same or similar coaching; certainly, at least, the same head coach. Same with Michigan QBs in the mid 90s/2000s. What does Curtis Martin, LeSean McCoy or James Conner's success have to do with this current Pitt staff and what they will do for a running back? And what do Revis and Fitzgerald have to do with a discussion about running backs?

Are you actually under the belief that there is some magic force at Pitt that makes players into NFL superstars? It's only relevant to list past success at a particular position as a predictor of future success when you're talking about the same or similar coaches in the program. PSU could tout it's moniker as Linebacker U as a way to predict future success for a LBer because for years it was the same or similar coaching; certainly, at least, the same head coach. Same with Michigan QBs in the mid 90s/2000s. What does Curtis Martin, LeSean McCoy or James Conner's success have to do with this current Pitt staff and what they will do for a running back? And what do Revis and Fitzgerald have to do with a discussion about running backs?

Exactly. Top-rated quarterbacks are going to Miami since Miami is Quarterback U. You know, Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar, Vinny Testaverde.

More pitt stupidity.

Exactly. Top-rated quarterbacks are going to Miami since Miami is Quarterback U. You know, Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar, Vinny Testaverde.

More pitt stupidity.
Oh, abuzz, oh abuzz, oh no, abuzz.I tell you!

I agree with the need to win some games this year to help recruiting - I believe we win 10 :) Mostly because of the teams we face. I believe 4 of the Big 10 teams we face will have first year QBs, good news for us. I think it's Rutgers, NW, Indiana and Maryland.
PSU should win 9 or 10 games, and most likely will win more than Pitt. Just look at the two schedules.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueBand
A few things are clear. One, Peake and Dokish must be the poster boys of Pitt fandom. They represent within the two of them everything that is pathetic about Pitt fans.

Secondly, one thing that I have been told by recruits themselves is that they do read these stupid message boards. When Sanders and others keep noting these pathetic attempts by the Pitt guys, it cannot leave a positive impression.

Thirdly, whatever excitement Narduzzi is bringing to Pitt, must not be enough to sustain them, if every other day they have to resort to false twittering about Sanders.

And last but not least, if Hamlin is at Pitt watching a PPV fight, is that an NCAA violation? Did Pitt "buy" him something that he's not eligible to receive?

I'm not trying to fan the flames but most of the posts are coming from Zovko at 247. It may just be an attempt to drum up business? However, I wouldn't say he is doing it out of Pitt fandom being that he is a PSU grad.

Zovko clearly is a sad, minimalist creature, to go along with the other two. Regrettably for Pitt, it is you whom he is identified with.

The good news for us is, he's never right. Ever.

Regarding your question about a PPV fight being NCAA violation. All recruits attending had to pay.

I'm not trying to fan the flames but most of the posts are coming from Zovko at 247. It may just be an attempt to drum up business? However, I wouldn't say he is doing it out of Pitt fandom being that he is a PSU grad.

I thought he went to Drexel or Duquesne. You may want to check that again.

You maybe correct. I was told 247 was founded by two PSU grads and he was one of them. I'll check into it.

You maybe correct. I was told 247 was founded by two PSU grads and he was one of them. I'll check into it.

I believe it was the guys in Nashville who started 247. Karlo didn't start anything as he is a fanboy that took over for the last fanboy tool Pitt had. Pitt doesn't have a legit reporter for 247, they have a young kid with some insecurity issues who will be shown the door like his predecessor because he isn't mature enough to do his job right.

Last edited:
Regardless...my point was to say Peak and Dokish are not the original source of the rumor. The other point is these guys are in business to make money. And nothing gets your site more traffic during a slow news week like a good rumor.

I don't like 247 so I cancelled my membership but I wouldn't go so far as to say Karlo is never right. He is more often than not pretty accurate when it comes to the WPIAL. He had a number of accurate picks long before a lot of other established people in the recruiting business. His mistake is running with things before he gets them confirmed.

As for Chris Peak I am not sure why you think he is a fan boy for Pitt. He works for Rivals and is paid to cover the team much like Friedman and everyone else. He doesn't paint everything with Blue and Gold glasses like you think he does.

It is pretty telling how much time Sanders is spending at Pitt, even look at his Twitter profile, what was once covered with PSU material has nothing anymore. Will he end up at PSU? I would probably say there is a 60/40 chance he still does but he is spending a ton of time at Pitt and the more time he spends the more time Narduzzi can work on him.

Well, everything I have read from sources other than fans says Sanders is going to take some visits. I have not read anything other than reports saying "this is good news for Pitt." I have not read any reports saying "he is going to Pitt." What has been reported is many of the top wpial players are close and want to play together. You can read into it any of it what you want.

Whenever he is asked, he says that he is still committed to Penn State. That is all anyone can hope for at this point.

Nevertheless, we all know that the results of the upcoming season are going to be very important.

ADVERTISEMENT