ADVERTISEMENT

TRUE STORY..................Tonight I was asked if I was a "child molester"

Michael.Felli

Mar 19, 2013
So, I have a 3 day weekend. I go out to my favorite watering hole, here in JAX Beach. I see someone from Detroit is pitching a no-no. So, being the baseball fan I am, I sit at the bar.

Lady to my left, starts up a conversation. She's quite loquacious. Where are you from? What do you do? Blah...Blah..Blah.

I'm pleasant. Her husband to her left is pleasant. I find out they are from Alabama. I ask, "Are you Bama graduates?" They say, "No. Auburn."

Eventually, the conversation turns to her dog. She asks if I have a dog. I tell her, I have a Basenji. Like most people, she never heard of the breed.

Like most dog owners, I have pictures of her. She is quite amazed how cute my dog is. And, FWIW, she is cute.

I explain Basenji are barkless, come from Africa and are cat-like. She asks, what her name is. I say, "Nittany.?

She asks, "Mindy?" I correct her and say, "Nittany. Like the Penn State Nittany Lions."

She then looks at me and asks if I am a child molester. FYI, at no time did I share I was a Penn State graduate.

I will leave it at that.

So, I have a 3 day weekend. I go out to my favorite watering hole, here in JAX Beach. I see someone from Detroit is pitching a no-no. So, being the baseball fan I am, I sit at the bar.

Lady to my left, starts up a conversation. She's quite loquacious. Where are you from? What do you do? Blah...Blah..Blah.

I'm pleasant. Her husband to her left is pleasant. I find out they are from Alabama. I ask, "Are you Bama graduates?" They say, "No. Auburn."

Eventually, the conversation turns to her dog. She asks if I have a dog. I tell her, I have a Basenji. Like most people, she never heard of the breed.

Like most dog owners, I have pictures of her. She is quite amazed how cute my dog is. And, FWIW, she is cute.

I explain Basenji are barkless, come from Africa and are cat-like. She asks, what her name is. I say, "Nittany.?

She asks, "Mindy?" I correct her and say, "Nittany. Like the Penn State Nittany Lions."

She then looks at me and asks if I am a child molester. FYI, at no time did I share I was a Penn State graduate.

I will leave it at that.
Ever heard of sarcasm? She was probably just making a joke.

you should have mentioned something to the affect, I now know why someone poisoned Toomer's Corners, their prized Oak trees. As atrocious as it was, ignorance is worse.

I like the American and Bill Clinton association, that was good!

Ever heard of sarcasm? She was probably just making a joke.

Yes. She was. The two of them both giggled. But, that really shouldn't be the point.

Here it is, FOUR years later, and, in a civil conversation I was confronted bluntly with a horrible accusation. How would you feel, joking or not, someone asks you at a baseball game (or wherever) if you are a child molester b/c your dog is named after the Penn State Nittany Lions?

I found the question/joke quite revolting.

Reactions: TMS1950

I will leave it at that.

I will leave it at that.

That's the end of the story? Was she joking or being serious? How did you react?

Honestly, since I never mentioned I was a Penn State graduate, her response took me by surprise. All she knew was that I was born in Hershey (I never say Lebanon b/c people never know where that is) and live in Jacksonville.

Her tone was jovial. But, her words stung. It took me back. Her direct manner of asking was what surprised me.

What did I do? Other than being somewhat taken back, I ignored the comment. But, it changed the rest of the conversation watching the no-no between Detroit and Toronto until the mid 8th inning.

Why do you post something like this? We know the world is full of idiots! We don't need to be reminded.

Felli casts the lure.....

Honestly, I wish this post were TIC. Sadly, it isn't.

What shell-shocked me, is this scandal was FOUR years ago. Later that night, a young man was wearing a Penn State T-shirt. I didn't but I felt compelled to strike up a conversation and ask how often he is confronted with this scandal.

You know, I never mentioned I was a Penn State graduate. It never came up and I never shared it. My dog is named Nittany and I'm asked (jokingly or not) if I'm a child molester. WTF??

Why do you post something like this? We know the world is full of idiots! We don't need to be reminded.

I thought about not sharing. But, then, it brought back a flood of memories (bad). It ruined my evening in the sense I couldn't get out of my head why she would be so insulting? A stranger at a bar who's dog is named Nittany. All I could think was that her inclination must've been, "Who names a dog after Penn State? He must be a child molester." How else do you connect those two?

I thought about not sharing. But, then, it brought back a flood of memories (bad). It ruined my evening in the sense I couldn't get out of my head why she would be so insulting? A stranger at a bar who's dog is named Nittany. All I could think was that her inclination must've been, "Who names a dog after Penn State? He must be a child molester." How else do you connect those two?
Karen Peetz said it would be a distant memory by 2014.

Reactions: BBrown and TMS1950

I will leave it at that.
That's what you get for hanging out with ignorant rednecks. Moral of story: Stay out of Florida.
(I have worn PSU gear all over the north - what I often get is "Hail to the Lions" or something to that effect. Never so far any negative comments. Not so sure what you get in the south or hick midwest, though there they are maybe less confrontational.)

That's what you get for hanging out with ignorant rednecks. Moral of story: Stay out of Florida.
(I have worn PSU gear all over the north - what I often get is "Hail to the Lions" or something to that effect. Never so far any negative comments. Not so sure what you get in the south or hick midwest, though there they are maybe less confrontational.)
Yes, please "Stay out of Florida"..

I will leave it at that.

You should have said, "Oh no. My Basenji gives me all I can handle."

I will leave it at that.
Why did you not ask if that was her brother?

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
Honestly, I wish this post were TIC. Sadly, it isn't.

What shell-shocked me, is this scandal was FOUR years ago. Later that night, a young man was wearing a Penn State T-shirt. I didn't but I felt compelled to strike up a conversation and ask how often he is confronted with this scandal.

You know, I never mentioned I was a Penn State graduate. It never came up and I never shared it. My dog is named Nittany and I'm asked (jokingly or not) if I'm a child molester. WTF??

Ok.

BS.

Reactions: PSU_Nut

I will leave it at that.
"Indeed not ma'am. Are you, however, a tree poisoner?"

No kidding, only a complete moron and buffoon would allow a neophyte, redneck baboon who would believe such a thing to get to them. So let me get this straight, everybody that attends F$U are rapists and women beaters??? Everybody who attends Florida (or O$U given that it is where Urbie now coaches) are murderers.....ditto Baylor and University of Virginia given what transpired on their campuses.

This has got to be the GD dumbest post I have ever read -- moronic even for the anti-intellectual, non-free-thinking, lynch-mob "group think" mentality is the correct mentality poster of this nonsensical rubbish. The OP might be the biggest "empty drum" doofus to ever post on this board.

No kidding, only a complete moron and buffoon would allow a neophyte, redneck baboon who would believe such a thing to get to them. So let me get this straight, everybody that attends F$U are rapists and women beaters??? Everybody who attends Florida (or O$U given that it is where Urbie now coaches) are murderers.....ditto Baylor and University of Virginia given what transpired on their campuses.

This has got to be the GD dumbest post I have ever read -- moronic even for the anti-intellectual, non-free-thinking, lynch-mob "group think" mentality is the correct mentality poster of this nonsensical rubbish. The OP might be the biggest "empty drum" doofus to ever post on this board.
"empty drum" doofus - Bushwood, you can really turn a phrase.

A voyde vessel maketh outward a gret soun, Mor than what yt was ful.
Lydgate, Pilgrimmage of Man, 1547.

I will leave it at that.
Should have walked out to your car, grabbed your tire iron, and beaten them both to death on the spot.

Reactions: psuguy04
"empty drum" doofus - Bushwood, you can really turn a phrase.

A voyde vessel maketh outward a gret soun, Mor than what yt was ful.
Lydgate, Pilgrimmage of Man, 1547.
...and has a distinct lack of self-awareness.

Psuguy04- glad you liked my post. There was a mafia hit man - Richard Kuklinski - who would do stuff like I described. An unfortunate teenager shot him the bird - the Iceman followed him home, got out of his car, and beat him to death with a bat.

Psuguy04- glad you liked my post. There was a mafia hit man - Richard Kuklinski - who would do stuff like I described. An unfortunate teenager shot him the bird - the Iceman followed him home, got out of his car, and beat him to death with a bat.
The Iceman - a bizarre, sociopath and serial killer - confessed to the Hoffa hit on his deathbed. Had Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran still been alive, he would have disputed that claim. Kuklinski was a bad man, but his unconfirmed list of proclaimed killings is staggering. His Hoffa claim is quite dubious. Sheeran's claim to the Hoffa hit is more believable, but not provable either. Once you start reading about these guys, though, it's hard to stop.

"The Iceman Lieth"
http://swallowingthecamel.me/2013/07/17/the-iceman-lieth/

Kuklinski - what a profile.

Richard-Kuklinski-image.jpg

This photo of Sheeran is a classic. Tough guy or what?

Sheeran-Hoffa.jpg

Last edited:

I will leave it at that.
When do we get to hear the end of the story? Are you or aren't you?

Reactions: 71camaro

Comical, given that one would have to assume that you are apparently imbued with this "self-awareness" you are prattling about. Your notion that others share your own lofty opinion of yourself, and your little attack-dog routine, is rather amusing especially when your primary skill is to be a servile little sellout, boot-licker and kiss-@$$. In other words, the diametric opposite of a free-thinking person of integrity and character.

Last edited:
Reactions: psuguy04
ADVERTISEMENT